19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
Buffalo guys,

Any one got any updates from Ottawa today? Its been a long wait. My work permit expires in December. I am thinking of asking my employer to start with the application for a new Work Permit? I have a PNP letter, so I am hoping that the Work Permit process should be easier (i.e., no LMO required etc). Has anyone applied for a work permit with a PNP letter? Do you know if it would be an employer specific one or an open work permit? I really want to be in a position to travel to India during the winter vacation :(

Thanks in advance!

JonMonc

dee001

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
jonmonc said:
Buffalo guys,

Any one got any updates from Ottawa today? Its been a long wait. My work permit expires in December. I am thinking of asking my employer to start with the application for a new Work Permit? I have a PNP letter, so I am hoping that the Work Permit process should be easier (i.e., no LMO required etc). Has anyone applied for a work permit with a PNP letter? Do you know if it would be an employer specific one or an open work permit? I really want to be in a position to travel to India during the winter vacation :(

Thanks in advance!

JonMonc
Hi JonMonc,
no news yet.
Yes, I applied for a new work permit with PNP letter. You dont need your employer for this process. Did you get a work permit support letter with your nomination? What province?

canman

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
Nomination.....
01-12-2011
robbypunjab said:
Woooooooohhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo,,,,, I Got My Medical With Passport req
Congraz Robby! 8) ;D long wait is over :)

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
dee001 said:
Hi JonMonc,
no news yet.
Yes, I applied for a new work permit with PNP letter. You dont need your employer for this process. Did you get a work permit support letter with your nomination? What province?
Thanks Dee001! Really appreciate it. I am a New Brunswick nominee. The way my company is structured, we have the whole of Atlantic Canada as a business unit. Most important projects are based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia and so most management roles are also based out of Halifax. As I have a work permit specific to my employeer and only for a specific location (Moncton, NB), it is very frustrating to see good management roles slip away inspite of me being qualified (MBA etc) and having the relevant experience. With the delay in the PR process, I wonder if I made a mistake in applying through the PNP program rather than waiting a year and applying through the Canadian experience class (which wouldn't restrict me by a province). Hope July brings us all good news and ends our wait!

JonMonc

tidebreaker

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robbypunjab said:
Woooooooohhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooo,,,,, I Got My Medical With Passport req
Hi robbypunjab,
Congrats on your medicals!! Did you get it from Hong Kong? and by email or post?
I am still waiting for my medicals.
Thanks

manubobby

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]New Delhi[/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]09/12/2013[/b]
AOR Received.
[b]04/01/2014[/b]
File Transfer...
[b]10/01/2014[/b]
Med's Done....
[b]15/11/2013[/b]
Interview........
[b]IN PROCESS: 31/07/2014 DM: 11/08/2014[b]
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
robbypunjab said:
Hey Mannu Plz Update On TS. Receieved med 3 july
congrats buddy .. really happy for you .. finally your longest wait is over.. did you check your ecas?? what does it say?? has it changed to inprocess?? please update that as well .. cheers :)

manubobby

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]New Delhi[/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]09/12/2013[/b]
AOR Received.
[b]04/01/2014[/b]
File Transfer...
[b]10/01/2014[/b]
Med's Done....
[b]15/11/2013[/b]
Interview........
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
rubyhero said:
hey mannu can NDVO demand more documents now (after medical)......
hi buddy .. they could if they want to .. but so far I havent seen any cases where they have requested for additional documents.. but I could be wrong.. no one really knows how CIC works.. expect the worst.. that way .. when you hear good news .. you will be happy .. :).. thats what I am trying to do these days .. I mean .. people who have done their medicals close to a month after I did have got their passports back with the visa .. so really dont know what to expect .. im just gonna wait patiently.. dint even try contacting CIC yet coz as per the AOR, they mentioned not to contact them for 6 months from the date of the AOR .. for me .. that is Sept 19.. so I will wait till then before I contact them. But, I do hope that I get some good news from them by this month itself.. cheers

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
manubobby said:
congrats buddy .. really happy for you .. finally your longest wait is over.. did you check your ecas?? what does it say?? has it changed to inprocess?? please update that as well .. cheers :)
when the applicant got PPR and medical request from INDIA VO, does it mean background and criminal check all have passed? Or just it means that VO starts to check these and will issue visa if these checks are passed? If that so, some people may take longer to get visa because each applicant is different, i.e. some people travel a lot, some just go nowhere out of country. If the applicant did not travel outside of country, and it only takes one month to get visa from PPR and medical request, that tells that the actual time to spend on criminal check an background check is about one month, and this information can be useful for others.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
dee001 said:
I just noticed this. I have a number there as well. I did a quick search, there are others with same numbers, so I dont think it's unique. probably officer number who sent out email?
DEE001,

WHAT IS YOUR NUMBER? The different number implies the difference in processing priority?

For other Buffalo/Ottawa applicant who have got AOR, could pls share your number here and share your opinion?

manubobby

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]New Delhi[/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]09/12/2013[/b]
AOR Received.
[b]04/01/2014[/b]
File Transfer...
[b]10/01/2014[/b]
Med's Done....
[b]15/11/2013[/b]
Interview........
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
bkd1969 said:
when the applicant got PPR and medical request from INDIA VO, does it mean background and criminal check all have passed? Or just it means that VO starts to check these and will issue visa if these checks are passed? If that so, some people may take longer to get visa because each applicant is different, i.e. some people travel a lot, some just go nowhere out of country. If the applicant did not travel outside of country, and it only takes one month to get visa from PPR and medical request, that tells that the actual time to spend on criminal check an background check is about one month, and this information can be useful for others.
i kinda think so .. coz .. 3 ppl who got their passports back with the visa havent travelled outside India, and i did my medicals almost a month before them and I still havent got my passports back.. its been two months since I did my medicals and since ecas changed to in process.. I have lived in Australia and New Zealand for more than 6 months .. maybe thats the reason for the delay ..

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
manubobby said:
i kinda think so .. coz .. 3 ppl who got their passports back with the visa havent travelled outside India, and i did my medicals almost a month before them and I still havent got my passports back.. its been two months since I did my medicals and since ecas changed to in process.. I have lived in Australia and New Zealand for more than 6 months .. maybe thats the reason for the delay ..
well, that means any applicants in Canada and USA will go through this same long journey since each of them has lived at least two country, i.e. Canada/India, US/India, Canada/China, USA/China, etc. So, do not feel bad, this is just the process to go through. Hope you get yours this month.

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
bkd1969 said:
DEE001,

WHAT IS YOUR NUMBER? The different number implies the difference in processing priority?

For other Buffalo/Ottawa applicant who have got AOR, could pls share your number here and share your opinion?
I think its just the officer who is sending out the email.... more so as it is part of the signature. Mine is 58 btw
I dont think it has anything to do with priority... but yes we could perhaps identify the more diligent ones from the rest :)

JonMonc

dee001

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
bkd1969 said:
DEE001,

jonmonc said:
I think its just the officer who is sending out the email.... more so as it is part of the signature. Mine is 58 btw
I dont think it has anything to do with priority... but yes we could perhaps identify the more diligent ones from the rest :)

JonMonc
Mine is 58.