06 Jun 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 10-Jun-2016 Received back 14-Jun-2016
bichoosn said:
@ vark,
minimum 4,000 CAD for spouse.
Thank you Bichoosn :)

@Enfield, Thank you,

In case she is applying for Visitors visa for a duration of 6 months, how do i show my income, if i am still a student?
Or is it enough to show spouse money at india or a sponsor-er from india for spouse (like dad or father-inlaw)

vark

Sep 21, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
4163 & 2172
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014 reached 01-Oct2014
Doc's Request.
14-03-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-04-2016
Interview........
RPRF Req: 27April & Paid 04May
Passport Req..
06 Jun 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 10-Jun-2016 Received back 14-Jun-2016
@ what if she wants to extent her visa(from visitors visa) to stay further in Canada for the duration equal to my stay

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vark said:
@ what if she wants to extent her visa(from visitors visa) to stay further in Canada for the duration equal to my stay
Hi,

1. With a TRV of minimum 6 months in hand, s/he can apply for a study permit with in Canada or an 'Open Work Permit' based on spouse study permit. The issued OPW shall be valid only upto the duration spouse study permit.

2. If spouse is working show income details, otherwise arrange funds.

I quote CIC;

"You may be eligible to apply for a study permit from within Canada if any of these situations apply to you.

1. holders of valid work or study permits and their
family members;

2. holders of temporary resident permits valid for a minimum of six months and their family members;...."

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
enfield said:
Hi,

You need to work on your spouse profile, not of yours.
Hi enfield,
Can you advice me, what documents make my spouse profile stronger?? From my side I have University funding, Bank statement in Canada, housing contract and also I will send my univesity transcipt, copy of my study permit etc.

About my wife, she doesnt have job at present (though she used to work earlier) and she is planning to include her bank statment of 500,000 Indian Rupees, share certificate of about 20,000 CAD, house and land which which are on my name and also she will include a land certificate which is on her name.

Do you have any advice about any extra documents from my wife side to make the application strong?

Suggestions from other members will also be appreicated.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Willbeat said:
Hi enfield,
Can you advice me, what documents make my spouse profile stronger?? From my side I have University funding, Bank statement in Canada, housing contract and also I will send my univesity transcipt, copy of my study permit etc.

About my wife, she doesnt have job at present (though she used to work earlier) and she is planning to include her bank statment of 500,000 Indian Rupees, share certificate of about 20,000 CAD, house and land which which are on my name and also she will include a land certificate which is on her name.

Do you have any advice about any extra documents from my wife side to make the application strong?

Suggestions from other members will also be appreicated.
Hi,

You also need;

1. Spouse bank statements (of last 3 months)
2. A one page summary of the financial information you are submitting. (it's a new requirement)
3. Letter of invitation, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp
4. Your passport/study permit details.
5. Your financial papers like a Canadian bank statement, Notice of Assessment, T4.

Now, after reading your all posts again, I am realizing your problem is more about your weak financial standard in Canada (not in India).

The financial requirement of;

CAD 10,000 (self living expenses) + Tuition + CAD 4,000 (for spouse) + CAD 3,000 (for each extra person),

is applicable ONLY when family/spouse is co-applicant with your study permit application. Since she need to apply for a visitor visa in her individual capacity, the requirement of financial standard (for Canada) 'is different'. As per rules the required amount will depend upon the circumstances of the visit, i.e., how long and where your spouse + two childrens will stay. And it's here I see some problem. You are studying on a scholarship and that's applicable for one person, not for the family of four. Your property valuation of CAD 160000 (in India) + land certificates (in India) is of no use to prove your financial standard in Canada. Such things are not even part of visitor visa checklist.

In short you need; a stable source of income in Canada + one Canadian bank statement. As you are working as R.A and making an additional CAD 7,000/year (with total income of CAD 26,000). It should be fine, still I am not very sure if it's enough for the family of four in Canada.

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
enfield said:
Hi,

You also need;

1. Spouse bank statements (of last 3 months)
2. A one page summary of the financial information you are submitting. (it's a new requirement)
3. Letter of invitation, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp
4. Your passport/study permit details.
5. Your financial papers like a Canadian bank statement, Notice of Assessment, T4.

Thanks enfield, this is really a huge information for me. Highly appreciated ur time and effort
Now, after reading your all posts again, I am realizing your problem is more about your weak financial standard in Canada (not in India).

The financial requirement of;

CAD 10,000 (self living expenses) + Tuition + CAD 4,000 (for spouse) + CAD 3,000 (for each extra person),

is applicable ONLY when family/spouse is co-applicant with your study permit application. Since she need to apply for a visitor visa in her individual capacity, the requirement of financial standard (for Canada) 'is different'. As per rules the required amount will depend upon the circumstances of the visit, i.e., how long and where your spouse + two childrens will stay. And it's here I see some problem. You are studying on a scholarship and that's applicable for one person, not for the family of four. Your property valuation of CAD 160000 (in India) + land certificates (in India) is of no use to prove your financial standard in Canada. Such things are not even part of visitor visa checklist.

In short you need; a stable source of income in Canada + one Canadian bank statement. As you are working as R.A and making an additional CAD 7,000/year (with total income of CAD 26,000). It should be fine, still I am not very sure if it's enough for the family of four in Canada.

hbushra

Jan 21, 2012
Hi "Enfield"

Please help regarding my TRV application.

My Husband is studying in canada as an international student, while he was visiting Pakistan, we had our nikah done on 14th oct and applied for the TRV on Nov 21st 2011. Later we got married (on Nov 25th). We applied with full documentation from CHC islamabad and i received a letter on 20th Jan 2012 stating that my application was denied due to three reasons:

"you have not satisfied me that you would leave canada at the end of your stay as a temp.resident. in reaching this decision i considered several factors including":

marked reason # 1 : length of stay in canada.
2: insufficient funds including income or assets to carry out stated purpose in canada or to maintain yourself while in canada and to effect your departure.
3: income required for 2 persons (low income cutoff)for 2011 is $27674

My husband also left on jan 20th and i got to hear this bad news very same day.

my husbands study permit is valid till jan 2013 and my proposed length of stay was 1 year(as long as his study permit). we showed almost $23000 CAD. i showed $12000CAD in my personal bank and my husband showed the same amount with his monthly income letter. I am also employed in pakistan so i have a strong tie in my home country. but they only marked 3 reason mentioned above.

Please advise as to what should be our next step? should i reapply by showing more funds? or reduce the length of stay? I'm planning to show more funds, ($35000cad), are they going to give visa after showing current account bank statement of $35000)?

all replies are appreciated.

Regards,

spadesdoctor

Nov 16, 2011
hbushra said:
Hi "Enfield"

My Husband is studying in canada as an international student, while he was visiting Pakistan, we had our nikah done on 14th oct and applied for the TRV on Nov 21st 2011. Later we got married (on Nov 25th). We applied with full documentation from CHC islamabad and i received a letter on 20th Jan 2012 stating that my application was denied due to three reasons:

"you have not satisfied me that you would leave canada at the end of your stay as a temp.resident. in reaching this decision i considered several factors including":

2: insufficient funds including income or assets to carry out stated purpose in canada or to maintain yourself while in canada and to effect your departure.

my husbands study permit is valid till jan 2013 and my proposed length of stay was 1 year(as long as his study permit). we showed almost $23000 CAD. i showed $12000CAD in my personal bank and my husband showed the same amount with his monthly income letter. I am also employed in pakistan so i have a strong tie in my home country. but they only marked 3 reason mentioned above.

Please advise as to what should be our next step? should i reapply by showing more funds? or reduce the length of stay? I'm planning to show more funds, ($35000cad), are they going to give visa after showing current account bank statement of $35000)?

Regards,
Hi guys, after reading all these posts, i came to a conclusion that why people are not going for judicial review.
Is it too expensive? As the judge's sympathies would always be (99%) with the person rejected.
I hope judicial review would be the best option if available.

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
hbushra said:
Hi "Enfield"

Regards,
Hi hbushra,

Sorry to know ur refusal. My wife and kids have also applied for the TRV last week and probably will get the decision in a week or so. I did not know the new low income cut off (LICO) for 2011 and I calucaltated fund on the basis of 10,000+tuition+4000 for spouse+3000*2 for children and I showed my income of 27600 in Canada as a scholarship and RAship and I was thinking that I have met the LICO. Now I am really worried to know that low income cut off for 2 person is 27,674 for 2011.

What is ur funding situation? your husband has funding from the University or you showed all finance on ur own and which province ur husband is living now?

I Hope to get ur reply and sure I will share my case once I got decision from CIC.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
spadesdoctor said:
Hi guys, after reading all these posts, i came to a conclusion that why people are not going for judicial review.
Is it too expensive? As the judge's sympathies would always be (99%) with the person rejected.
I hope judicial review would be the best option if available.
You can't get a judicial review for a TRV or student visa application, all you can do is apply again.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AAL1984 said:
You can't get a judicial review for a TRV or student visa application, all you can do is apply again.
Sure you can, you can apply for Leave to Appeal to the Federal Court. It is expensive and probably not going to be approved (unless there is an error in law) but you can apply .

spadesdoctor

Nov 16, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

Sure you can, you can apply for Leave to Appeal to the Federal Court. It is expensive and probably not going to be approved (unless there is an error in law) but you can apply .
That is what I mean. Atleast you wont be rejected for stupid reasons like you do not intend to go back at the end of your visa because the visa officer cannot check your heart. The second thing is finances; you make them strong so that reason is also gone.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spadesdoctor said:
That is what I mean. Atleast you wont be rejected for stupid reasons like you do not intend to go back at the end of your visa because the visa officer cannot check your heart. The second thing is finances; you make them strong so that reason is also gone.
Hi,

1. NOT 'stupid reasons' but very well thought out decisions. Finance is a secondary thing, the IMPORTANT one is your academic standing/grades + 'competitive' study plan in Canada.

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
enfield said:
Hi,

1. NOT 'stupid reasons' but very well thought out decisions. Finance is a secondary thing, the IMPORTANT one is your academic standing/grades + 'competitive' study plan in Canada.
Hi all,
Lets see how wise the VO makes decision. I have applied for the visa for my spouse last week and probably Ill get decision withing this week. I have now funding of 27,600 CAD (for me, my spouse and two kids) from my university scholarship and RAship. I guess this meets the requirement according to OP12 (CIC manual for Student Visa) also it meets the low income cutoff (LICO) for my provice as this amount is after tax income.

I am a PhD student. I have all A in my first semester courses and I have attached my transcript, good statnding letter from the department which proves I am a genuine student. I have also included my Bank statement in Canada, my wifes Bank statement in India, my property valuation report back home, share investment in my wife's name etc. Also I have included financial support letter of CAD 7000 per year from my brother in law.

Still they are not satisfied "their reasons are stupid".

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Willbeat said:
Hi all,
Lets see how wise the VO makes decision. I have applied for the visa for my spouse last week and probably Ill get decision withing this week. I have now funding of 27,600 CAD (for me, my spouse and two kids) from my university scholarship and RAship. I guess this meets the requirement according to OP12 (CIC manual for Student Visa) also it meets the low income cutoff (LICO) for my provice as this amount is after tax income.

I am a PhD student. I have all A in my first semester courses and I have attached my transcript, good statnding letter from the department which proves I am a genuine student. I have also included my Bank statement in Canada, my wifes Bank statement in India, my property valuation report back home, share investment in my wife's name etc. Also I have included financial support letter of CAD 7000 per year from my brother in law.

Still they are not satisfied "their reasons are stupid".
Hi all,
Please go through the text above first to understand my profile. Visa for my spouse and kids have beeen rejected again. VO gave only one reason of refusal:

"I am not satisfied that u have sufficient funds, including income or assets to maintain urself in Canada"....

Really frustrated now.It was my third attempt and I have stable income of 27600 in Canada.It means visa for spouse of international student is apparently closed in Canada especially for South Asia region. I know some of my friends who were in US and other developed region (South Asian Citizen) recently brought their spouse and kids in Canada from their but have not heard any success case from South Asia in recent days.