+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pieces of ID for notary - Passport Application

koxruz

Mar 27, 2023
I couldn't find a guarantor for my passport application so I am filling in the statutory declaration in lieu of guarantor form.

It says I need to present 2 pieces of ID to the notary and I only have one, now that my PR card is no longer valid after having attended the Ceremony!

Passport office said a passport cannot be provided to the Notary, which came as a surprise to me. Can someone confirm as to whether passport is acceptable or not and why would a passport be not accepted even?

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I couldn't find a guarantor for my passport application so I am filling in the statutory declaration in lieu of guarantor form.

It says I need to present 2 pieces of ID to the notary and I only have one, now that my PR card is no longer valid after having attended the Ceremony!

Passport office said a passport cannot be provided to the Notary, which came as a surprise to me. Can someone confirm as to whether passport is acceptable or not and why would a passport be not accepted even?
How about your provincial id?

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Sorry but why does that matter for my question?
I assumed you are applying for the first time. Perhaps you are renewing. If that's the case and your passport isn't expired then it should be fine.
In either case, I'd suggest to go with whatever they are suggesting instead of going down the passport route.

koxruz

Mar 27, 2023
I assumed you are applying for the first time. Perhaps you are renewing. If that's the case and your passport isn't expired then it should be fine.
In either case, I'd suggest to go with whatever they are suggesting instead of going down the passport route.
NO I am applying for the same time

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other

Hey I am going to NOTARY tomorrow and they are okay with accepting my Driver's license and Indian passport as ID.

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hey I am going to NOTARY tomorrow and they are okay with accepting my Driver's license and Indian passport as ID.
I checked with a notary locally and they said one photo ID is a MUST and another one like even like a credit card would do so long as the names match.