+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP processing time

Aaravaarav

Sep 12, 2024
Not yet, I applied on May 20th, and I got my Biometrics collection letter on June 14th and also Workpermt - Ext on June 14th but nothing after that
Ohh! That’s a lot of wait time. It’s been more than 4months, have you checked with them? What’s taking so long. The processing time is around 4 months.

Feb 23, 2023
Hello,

I applied on July 22nd, received WP-EXT letter on July 23rd. No update after that.
How long will it take for work permit extension to get approved and if I travel to my home country when I am implied status, my status will be cancelled?

Could anyone let us know their timelines.

Many Thanks,
Sai Manasa

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I applied on July 22nd, received WP-EXT letter on July 23rd. No update after that.
How long will it take for work permit extension to get approved and if I travel to my home country when I am implied status, my status will be cancelled?

Many Thanks,
Sai Manasa
So you applied for a PGWP extension and how are you eligible?

Lucky98765

Oct 1, 2024
I applied for my PGWP on May 28th, but I haven’t received any updates yet. Is anyone else in the same situation with a similar timeline?

Anything11

Apr 30, 2024
Hey guys, i applied on July 6, 2024 & still haven’t heard back. Does anyone have similar timeline?

one more question is- does the processing time depend of whether you were part time or not in some semester? So basically, in my second last semester (spring 2024), i took 2 courses from my university and two from another. This was actually supposed to be my last semester, but unfortunately i failed two courses i took at my university, but passed the ones taken from another. So, i had take one course in next semester to fulfil program requirements. But i have attached the trancript from other university so that the officer knows i was doing two more courses in spring semester.

But my point is does such situation cause any delay in application processing?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guys, i applied on July 6, 2024 & still haven’t heard back. Does anyone have similar timeline?

one more question is- does the processing time depend of whether you were part time or not in some semester? So basically, in my second last semester (spring 2024), i took 2 courses from my university and two from another. This was actually supposed to be my last semester, but unfortunately i failed two courses i took at my university, but passed the ones taken from another. So, i had take one course in next semester to fulfil program requirements. But i have attached the trancript from other university so that the officer knows i was doing two more courses in spring semester.

But my point is does such situation cause any delay in application processing?
Well it makes you ineligible for a PGWP so that may delay processing.

Anything11

Apr 30, 2024
Well it makes you ineligible for a PGWP so that may delay processing.
But many people are part time in some semesters due to certain reasons and still receive their pgwp. Even my university consultant said that i am not the only one who is in such situation, but with proper explanation officer knows the situation, and approves the application,
I was just asking does the decision get delayed in all such cases?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But many people are part time in some semesters due to certain reasons and still receive their pgwp. Even my university consultant said that i am not the only one who is in such situation, but with proper explanation officer knows the situation, and approves the application,
I was just asking does the decision get delayed in all such cases?
Processing is at least 4 months so there is no delay at this point.

Anything11

Apr 30, 2024
Hello,

Many Thanks,
Sai Manasa
Your travel to India won’t affect your status, but the entry. If you have a valid TRV stamp, you’re good to travel.

Oct 15, 2024
Thanks for reply , one of friends also got approved in 2 weeks and I am waiting since 5 months . I have tried all possible ways like call ircc, contact to local mp but still I don't get anything yet.