+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP processing time

drrakeshdent

Jul 10, 2019
What is the current processing time for PGWP ? On the CIC website, it shows 112 days. Is it such a long processing time or has anyone received it earlier than that? Kindly share your processing time if anyone has recently got PGWP.

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
Hi buddy,

I applied May 25th, 2023 and my application got approved in October 24th, 2023. It took 5 months. About 156 days. I was freaking tired. I did everything. I went to the MP, I called their call centre, I wrote webforms (countless). i could not sleep. I needed to travel for emergency purpose in November ending. I was stocked here in Canada. I could not apply for a new job, most employers did not accept the temporary letter of authorization to work. I could not sleep. It was freaking 156 days. Most people who applied after me got theirs after 1 or 2 months. In totality, I can relate with you very well. It will come soon. The problem is that your application is being processed by the CPC Edmonton office. They are so slow in that office. One thing I can advice you to do is to take your mind off it for one more week, call the call center and tell them your application has passed processing time. They will help you put a note on your application for the officer to see. Well, like I said I am not sure which one worked but they approved my application after 2 weeks the note was left for the officer by IRCC agent. One thing I observed is that most of us that submitted around that time, we got our PGWP approval same day or same week. I added this for those that will be in your shoes too. Cheer up buddy, it will come. I can assure you. My panicking got me sick. Don't be like me. it will come in one week more or so.

Last edited:

drrakeshdent

Jul 10, 2019
154 days since Aug 14, not got approved yet. f*ck
Hi buddy,

I applied May 25th, 2023 and my application got approved in October 24th, 2023. It took 5 months. About 156 days. I was freaking tired. I did everything. I went to the MP, I called their call centre, I wrote webforms (countless). i could not sleep. I needed to travel for emergency purpose in November ending. I was stocked here in Canada. I could not apply for a new job, most employers did not accept the temporary letter of authorization to work. I could not sleep. It was freaking 156 days. Most people who applied after me got theirs after 1 or 2 months. In totality, I can relate with you very well. It will come soon. The problem is that your application is being processed by the CPC Edmonton office. They are so slow in that office. One thing I can advice you to do is to take your mind off it for one more week, call the call center and tell them your application has passed processing time. They will help you put a note on your application for the officer to see. Well, like I said I am not sure which one worked but they approved my application after 2 weeks the note was left for the officer by IRCC agent. One thing I observed is that most of us that submitted around that time, we got our PGWP approval same day or same week. I added this for those that will be in your shoes too. Cheer up buddy, it will come. I can assure you. My panicking got me sick. Don't be like me. it will come in one week more or so.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It will help others to keep patience and stay motivated.

Reactions: Adejimi25

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
I applied on July 22 and still waiting for the decision. I raised webform and called but nothing is working right now.
Wow. I know how you feel. It is EDMONTON OFFICE issh. Call the IRCC call centre and request that the agent put a note on your application for the officer since your application has passed processing time. The officer will definitely respond within 2 weeks. One thing I am sure of is that you will get it soon.

Dec 13, 2023
Wow. I know how you feel. It is EDMONTON OFFICE issh. Call the IRCC call centre and request that the agent put a note on your application for the officer since your application has passed processing time. The officer will definitely respond within 2 weeks. One thing I am sure of is that you will get it soon.
I did call IRCC and they even put the note and its been 1 month since they put the note.. I haven't gotten anything. Its just showing that they are doing background check from last 3-4 months. I am so worried.. I have family emergency back home but I cannot go back.

Adejimi25

Star Member
Oct 5, 2023
I got a correnspondence letter today, and the portal says "Final decision - January 24, 2024:Your application is in progress. "
You should get the approval letter tomorrow. Congratulations. Your WP will be emailed to your address within 1-2 weeks

approvalplease

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Not a pgwp but in SOWP ext and also at Edmonton office. Applied on July 25, 2023. Nothing yet?. Already did MP. Smh I am sick with stress. What’s crazy is that the wait time is 109 days.

Reactions: canadaasp1