+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP holders and LMIA (part of EE profile details)

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prashanth85 said:
For LMIA job posting, can we advertise on free websites. Please help me on this
Yes you can for example if you are in BC. workbc is safest

Igor26

Apr 15, 2015
Hi everyone! Same situation, working full time on PGWP, in Calgary, AB. Applied for AINP, but for me it's 25 month processing time, studied in Toronto for 2 years, worked for 1 year in 3 jobs (last one 8 month where I'm right now).

My employer supported me for AINP, but the timings are just too long and too risky, NOC is 1215 (Logistics Coordinator).

Want to get my LMIA, employer is ready to support me and even pay $1000 fee for me, but the thing is we do not know how to do it. Employer is looking at me and saying to find out and he would do that, because he wants me to stay with him for long.

For LMIA it looks like I have to be not working but searching for job, employer is saying that he spent 3 month already to find me for this position, 8 month ago before he hired me...

At the same time I do not want to quit work and let him post on Job Bank and search again for me for my position, because I applied for AINP.

Seen already 4 guys (2 from Russia) and 2 of them from India that have payed tuition, were hoping to stay here and now booking flights back... Where as some people got their PR through Tim Hortons with no education but with LMO (LMIA). :eek:

What has to be done if I'm working full time, to get LMIA? Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
@Igor26

Here's the peculiar part of getting LMIA. Your employer do have to advertise the job that you are working for some period of time (I think it's 1 month), and then report any Canadian who applied and explain why all these candidates don't qualify. And after that one month advertisement, you can submit the forms to ESDC for evaluation, but the advertisement has to keep going, until LMIA is approved (which could take months)

My employer here had applied LMOs for some other positions before and one time he had a 1 hour discussion with Service Canada people about the job they were hiring and paperworks they've done. So it's not like they are letting everyone go easily, and it's much harder under new LMIA scheme.

I've heard of some consultant who helped their clients to get >10 LMOs under the old scheme, no rejections at all. Now with the new LMIA requirements, the success rate is less than 50%. So it's clearly the government is tightening the approval rate.

rita.sm16

Aug 19, 2012
I'm in a difficult position! Don't know what to do...
I graduated with a PhD (Canada) and am now working with an open PGWP for a Canadian employer for over 3 months now.
I created an EE profile hoping to qualify to the FSWP with my Research Assistant work experience gained while I was doing my PhD.
Without the LMIA, the system does not recognize I have a job and I get 0 points for arranged employment. There was a bug in the system (in my opinion) as I qualified for the CEC program and got an invitation to apply within 2 days! And it states clearly on the CIC website that any work experience gained while studying full time will not count as work experience for the CEC program. So basically I have an invitation to apply and I know that if I apply I will get rejected immediately.

I am trying to get my employer to do the LMIA to support my application but when he started going over what's needed for the LMIA, he send me that he need to choose one of the following:
"Are you applying for an LMIA to support a foreign national's
A. permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national only after their immigration application is processed and the permanent resident visa is issued). This option does not have a processing fee. OR
B. work permit application and permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national as a temporary foreign worker before or while their permanent residence application being processed). This option requires paying a processing fee"

What should he choose? Does anyone encountered this issue? Does option even apply if I am already in canada?! If he chooses option B I will lose my open work permit and if I lose this job, I'll need to get a new LMIA if I want to stay in Canada and do not have my PR yet?

Yash Patel96

Mar 27, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I am a holder of the Post Graduate Work Permit .. and as many of you know it's an open work permit when it was first issued with no LMIA number or any limitation to an employer.
But Recently I got positive LMIA.

My question is for Intended Work in Canada - LMIA section

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

Yes

LMIA number (required)

-Mentioned the number

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

NO
( Though I have a positive LMIA NOW but since at the beginning when WP was issued to me there was nothing mentioned about my LMIA so I chose this option.)

UNDER WORK HISTORY SECTION

Which of these categories does YASH JAYESHKUMAR PATEL's job fall under?

Work Permit required, No LMIA required ( And my current NOC job is Cooks)

This section is confusing. Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if I selected the right answers