+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extention due to passport expiry?

Tinu1234

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Hello guys

my passport will expiry in February 2025 and i have work permit till February 2025 but now I have renewed my passport and applied for work permit extension. it has been 4 months but I haven't got any update yet. did any one facing the same issue?

time line
applied on 30st may
received WP-EXT letter on 1st Jun
Implied status letter ??
U applied paper or online ?

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Its a bit contradicting though

Extend or change the conditions of your work permit
After you extend
If you applied online to extend or change your work permit
After you apply online, we’ll send you a letter in your account (WP-EXT except PGWP) that you can use as proof that you’re authorized to keep working, if you’re eligible.
  • You can print this letter or show it with your current work permit.
  • The letter is proof that you’re authorized to keep working under the same conditions as your original work permituntil we process your application.
    • You can keep working past the expiry date on the letter until we process your application if the conditions are the same as on your original work permit.
So it means you can apply online as well?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Its a bit contradicting though

Extend or change the conditions of your work permit
After you extend
If you applied online to extend or change your work permit
After you apply online, we’ll send you a letter in your account (WP-EXT except PGWP) that you can use as proof that you’re authorized to keep working, if you’re eligible.
  • You can print this letter or show it with your current work permit.
  • The letter is proof that you’re authorized to keep working under the same conditions as your original work permituntil we process your application.
    • You can keep working past the expiry date on the letter until we process your application if the conditions are the same as on your original work permit.
So it means you can apply online as well?
What is contradictory? Says except PGWP.

Aug 6, 2024
Same here I applied since August 25 2023. No updates.... I called ircc last week and the agent actually said that it's not suppose to be this long. They check my application status and their said my application is in "idle" ??? They contacted someone in Edmonton office but no answer yet so i will try to follow up this week. My friend who applied the same time as me already got hers 2 weeks ago. Her permit expired in Oct last year maybe that's why they pushing her application first but she's been calling ircc everyday since Jan 2024 so i guess i'll try to do the same.
do you know the number that you tried ?

savan14

Sep 25, 2024
PGWP extension approved..!!!

Applied- 4 March 2024
Link to GC key- 18 June 2024
Biometric letter- 23 Sept 2024
Review- They never update this
Final decision- 3 Oct 2024

Total wait time- 213 days