+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extention due to passport expiry?

V!n!t p@tel

Jul 20, 2021
Approved.......

Applied: December 18,2023
Linked to GC KEY : March 18, 2024
First Update: August 26, 2024 ( Biometric Correspondence Letter)
Final Decision: August 27, 2024

Total Wait time - 254 days
You were able to work that time when you are on implied status did you get any latter or something that you can prove to your employer that you can work legally.please assist me

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
You were able to work that time when you are on implied status did you get any latter or something that you can prove to your employer that you can work legally.please assist me
If you already have a job you could keep working. If you just got a new job that will be difficult cause employers are always skeptical about that stuff. Unless they are very aware about immigration rules.

Reactions: V!n!t p@tel

Rohan2608

Jun 15, 2024
Hello guys

my passport will expiry in February 2025 and i have work permit till February 2025 but now I have renewed my passport and applied for work permit extension. it has been 4 months but I haven't got any update yet. did any one facing the same issue?

time line
applied on 30st may
received WP-EXT letter on 1st Jun

V!n!t p@tel

Jul 20, 2021
Approved!!!
Applied: Oct 31
Linked to Gc Key Nov 16
Review started July 15
Final decision July 17
Hope this would be helpful to everyone waiting.
good luck everyone!
How did you join your account to gc key online?
I have tried lots of times can you tell me what options you are selecting?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have applied online

does it necessary to apply offline in this type of case?
PGWP extension must be done on paper, so what did you apply for?

If you need to extend your PGWP or change its conditions
You must apply on paper if you’re extending or changing the conditions of your PGWP. You can only extend your PGWP if your passport expired before your PGWP’s validity period.

Rohan2608

Jun 15, 2024

You must apply on paper if you’re extending or changing the conditions of your PGWP. You can only extend your PGWP if your passport expired before your PGWP’s validity period.
i have watched some youtube videos and saw here some people are applying online as well so i applied online.
i have applied for my work permit extension as i only got of 1 year 6 month due to passport expiry

question.
1. what should i do now? should i continue the online application and apply on paper as well? should i cancel my online application and then apply on paper
2. I have my work permit till February 2025 in old passport with TRV and i have emergency in India in January 2025 so can i able to go to India ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have watched some youtube videos and saw here some people are applying online as well so i applied online.
i have applied for my work permit extension as i only got of 1 year 6 month due to passport expiry

question.
1. what should i do now? should i continue the online application and apply on paper as well? should i cancel my online application and then apply on paper
2. I have my work permit till February 2025 in old passport with TRV and i have emergency in India in January 2025 so can i able to go to India ?
You can wait and see but IRCC site states clearly that PGWP is a paper application. Your decision...follow IRCC directions or listen to Youtubers. If you have TRV until February then you are fine.

Last edited:

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018

People just don't like to follow rules.. it's crazy

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018

question.
Bro. Did you check the dates on those applications you saw on YouTube? . That was during the time they gave extra 18 months pgwp during covid. That was a temporary policy so they just went with it. But right now they are back to only on paper.. it's clearly stated. Also, you get extra time while you wait for the application when you do it on paper, right now the wait time is like 7 to 8 months. So why will you risk it

Reactions: Naturgrl