+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extention due to passport expiry?

Tinu1234

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
2. IMM5710
3. https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp. Scroll down and selection either option 1 or 2 depending on which fees your paying.
4. fee is $255
5 and 6 I am unsure about
7. Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
c/o Student work permits/Same employer, Station 202
9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

hope this helps
what all supporting documents you attached to the application

Tinu1234

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Approved.......

Applied: December 18,2023
Linked to GC KEY : March 18, 2024
First Update: August 26, 2024 ( Biometric Correspondence Letter)
Final Decision: August 27, 2024

Total Wait time - 254 days
Did u get any implied status letter after linking

Tinu1234

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Approved!!!
Applied: Nov 27, 2023
Linked to Gc Key Feb 15, 2024
Review started: "never" - they didn't update this
Biometrics letter: August 12th, 2023 (First and only update in my application)
Final decision: August 13th, 2023
Hope this would be helpful, and don't lose hope. I was very stressed out but we can't do much just wait. I will say the backlog is so big, count 260 days after they received your application.
good luck everyone!
Did u get any implied status letter after linking

Tinu1234

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Summary of fees
All prices are in Canadian dollars.

FeeQuantityPrice ($CAN)Total Amount (C$)
Temporary residence
Work permit (including extensions) – per person1$155.00$155.00
Open work permitholder1$100.00$100.00
Total amount for all applications:$255.00

hemanth0549

Jul 23, 2024
Hi, I have applied for work permit extension online on Feb 20th, and still Waiting. Is there anyone here applied online and waiting in the same Boat?

maremm199

Sep 9, 2024
I had a similar case. Recently, I reached out to my local MP to request that they contact IRCC on my behalf. In response, I received the following communication:

“CPC-Edmonton is currently processing PAPER PGWP singles applications received up to and including 2023/11/01.

Applications are in queue for processing and will be processed in date order received.”

I hope this helps.
Hey! Do you have a draft of the email you sent to your MP?

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi guys I just found out that I have an issue . So I flagpoled in January 2024 and got my post graduation work permit. I was eligible for 20 months pgwp but due to my passport expiring on June 9th 2024 my time was given till that date. Now I went and renewed my passport and did the application and mailed it to ircc in Edmonton. The problem was theu got it on the 10th morning and not 9th. I just spoke to ircc on the phone and they said I was out of status since it was received the next day and not 9th the previous day and since I didn't reach them since 3 months I might have to leave Canada. Please does anyone know how I can fix this?

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi guys I just found out that I have an issue . So I flagpoled in January 2024 and got my post graduation work permit. I was eligible for 20 months pgwp but due to my passport expiring on June 9th 2024 my time was given till that date. Now I went and renewed my passport and did the application and mailed it to ircc in Edmonton. The problem was theu got it on the 10th morning and not 9th. I just spoke to ircc on the phone and they said I was out of status since it was received the next day and not 9th the previous day and since I didn't reach them since 3 months I might have to leave Canada. Please does anyone know how I can fix this?
Apparently, the last ircc agent I spoke with was just trying to give me a though time. I called back and got a much nicer agent. She told me that it was fine and that ircc always backdate the "received" date by 7 days for paper applications if it arrives when your status expired.
There's the link;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
What I've learned so far is, NEVER speak to an ircc agent based in Ottawa, they are much tougher and shit in the way they talk and do things.

V!n!t p@tel

Jul 20, 2021
They got my application Nov 27,2023 and is still in process. I’m not out of status, cause I applied before it expired, so I’m under an implied status (google that status)so I can stay and keep working meanwhile until they take a decision. Another person here in this thread mentioned his time even got longer than pgwp allowed because of the processing time.
I have a same situation I have applied on may 2024 but no update till date and can’t link online account my PGWP already expired on 21 july 2024. My employer asking me for valid work permit to work so can I work ? Please clarify my doubts

Sopunuchi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
I have a same situation I have applied on may 2024 but no update till date and can’t link online account my PGWP already expired on 21 july 2024. My employer asking me for valid work permit to work so can I work ? Please clarify my doubts
You should have gotten a job before it expired. That's what I did. So now I'm still working. It will be difficult finding job without it unless they ask you for just your sin number. Or just work cash. It can take up till 8 months from what I'm seeing.