+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extention due to passport expiry?

sita123

Aug 8, 2024
Hi Guys
My 1 yr PGWP is expiring in the end of August. I already submitted Paper based application twice (In May and In July )but IRCC says they haven't received yet. But when I call canada post, they says IRCC person already received my pakage and there is the signature of the receiver too. I am so stressed, I don't know what to do. Can anyone suggest what should I do?

Jul 29, 2024
Hi Guys
My 1 yr PGWP is expiring in the end of August. I already submitted Paper based application twice (In May and In July )but IRCC says they haven't received yet. But when I call canada post, they says IRCC person already received my pakage and there is the signature of the receiver too. I am so stressed, I don't know what to do. Can anyone suggest what should I do?
Apply online

Prince13578

Aug 9, 2024
My pgwp expired on July 9th. Sent my first extension application on June 20th and second on July 10th via letter but no response from customer service. I initially tried doing it online but they don’t allow extensions through online. Today the customer rep asked me to ‘courier’ a third application with the status restoration amount 384$. I have my TRV on the passport but I was told I can’t stay in the country for more than 90 days after the pgwp expiration. I’m so worried and nervous. Can someone please help

Prince13578

Aug 9, 2024
My pgwp expired on July 9th. Sent my first extension application on June 20th and second on July 10th via letter but no response from customer service. I initially tried doing it online but they don’t allow extensions through online. Today the customer rep asked me to ‘courier’ a third application with the status restoration amount 384$. I have my TRV on the passport but I was told I can’t stay in the country for more than 90 days after the pgwp expiration. I’m so worried and nervous. Can someone please help
If I do apply online now and say it’s for an initial PGWP, do I upload my current work permit where it says the study permit?

Vane2044

Nov 23, 2023
Is a paper application mandatory?
I was wondering the same and the IRCC officer told me yes, for this type of renewal of the PGWP due to passport he told me it has to be on paper and that if I apply online will be rejected, but then I realized many people has done it online and all good. So I did on paper cause I didn't want to risk it.

Prince13578

Aug 9, 2024
I was wondering the same and the IRCC officer told me yes, for this type of renewal of the PGWP due to passport he told me it has to be on paper and that if I apply online will be rejected, but then I realized many people has done it online and all good. So I did on paper cause I didn't want to risk it.
May I know when you applied and if it got approved yet? And also how did you stay out of status for over 90 days after expiry?

Vane2044

Nov 23, 2023
May I know when you applied and if it got approved yet? And also how did you stay out of status for over 90 days after expiry?
They got my application Nov 27,2023 and is still in process. I’m not out of status, cause I applied before it expired, so I’m under an implied status (google that status)so I can stay and keep working meanwhile until they take a decision. Another person here in this thread mentioned his time even got longer than pgwp allowed because of the processing time.

Vane2044

Nov 23, 2023
Approved!!!
Applied: Nov 27, 2023
Linked to Gc Key Feb 15, 2024
Review started: "never" - they didn't update this
Biometrics letter: August 12th, 2023 (First and only update in my application)
Final decision: August 13th, 2023
Hope this would be helpful, and don't lose hope. I was very stressed out but we can't do much just wait. I will say the backlog is so big, count 260 days after they received your application.
good luck everyone!

Saideep

Aug 10, 2024
I had a similar case. Recently, I reached out to my local MP to request that they contact IRCC on my behalf. In response, I received the following communication:

“CPC-Edmonton is currently processing PAPER PGWP singles applications received up to and including 2023/11/01.

Applications are in queue for processing and will be processed in date order received.”

I hope this helps.

Prince13578

Aug 9, 2024
Approved!!!
Hope this would be helpful, and don't lose hope. I was very stressed out but we can't do much just wait. I will say the backlog is so big, count 260 days after they received your application.
good luck everyone!
That sounds awesome! I’m so happy for you and hopefully wish the same for the rest of uss could you please let me know if u received any email when you were able to link the application?

Vane2044

Nov 23, 2023
That sounds awesome! I’m so happy for you and hopefully wish the same for the rest of uss could you please let me know if u received any email when you were able to link the application?
Yes I did, saying we have link your application successfully.

Ridge24

Aug 20, 2024
Approved!!!
good luck everyone!
Hi,
So in total did you get more than 3 years (including the maintained status period)?