Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
What was the processing time of your paper based application? May I know applied date and result date?
Mine was in 2021, so may not be relevant anymore in today's situation. But it took four months, from March to June.

sidmannn7575

Jul 15, 2024
I am also in the same boat. IRCC received my paper application on 27th, December. IRCC customer care agent helped me to link this application to my IRCC online account. Currently, it is at the step - Background check.

hi. i am also in the same situation. IRCC received my paper-based application on Dec 16, 2023. still waiting. any updates?

sidmannn7575

Jul 15, 2024
Hello, did you receive any update I applied on December 26th, 2023 and now it's been almost 6 months and it's still stuck in processing...
hi. i am also in the same situation. IRCC received my paper-based application on Dec 16, 2023. still waiting. any updates?

dileepkumar1

Jul 17, 2024
which applications takes less processing time paper or online ? can any once suggest me pls ?

Also, as the Spouse work permits are dependent on the PGWP extension, do we need to wait until the primary applicant get result ? or can we apply spouse work permit extension also at the same time along with PGWP extn?

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
which applications takes less processing time paper or online ? can any once suggest me pls ?

Also, as the Spouse work permits are dependent on the PGWP extension, do we need to wait until the primary applicant get result ? or can we apply spouse work permit extension also at the same time along with PGWP extn?
Go for online application, even if IRCC recommends you to do a paper application. I applied on August 2023 and I am still waiting for my PGWP renewal.

Peace.zone

Dec 30, 2022
Approved!!!
Applied: Oct 31
Linked to Gc Key Nov 16
Review started July 15
Final decision July 17
Hope this would be helpful to everyone waiting.
good luck everyone!

Reactions: anknai

Anthony.mic

Jul 20, 2024
Hi, is there any website as a guide to apply on paper or online , I am unable to find any information on the fee payment , in the IRCC site it says to pay 155$ for work permit extension and another 100$ for open work permit holder fee. and what address will the work permit come to since I wont know where ill be in 8 month time. thank you

Vane2044

Nov 23, 2023
Applied (they received it): Nov 27th, 2023
Linked to Gc Key Feb 10
Review started: nothing...
Final decision: nothing...
Hope they will check mine sooner, based on @Peace.zone feedback he waited 260 days, as today I am at 240 days (7 months, 27 days, when the processing time in the page is 17 days). Hopefully I get mine reviewed soon. I'll keep you guys posted.

Vane2044

Nov 23, 2023
Same here I applied since August 25 2023. No updates.... I called ircc last week and the agent actually said that it's not suppose to be this long. They check my application status and their said my application is in "idle" ??? They contacted someone in Edmonton office but no answer yet so i will try to follow up this week. My friend who applied the same time as me already got hers 2 weeks ago. Her permit expired in Oct last year maybe that's why they pushing her application first but she's been calling ircc everyday since Jan 2024 so i guess i'll try to do the same.
Any updates as per today's date?

anknai

Jul 28, 2024
Approved!!!
Applied: Oct 31
Linked to Gc Key Nov 16
Review started July 15
Final decision July 17
Hope this would be helpful to everyone waiting.
good luck everyone!

Hello, Congratulations!

2 quick questions:
- How did you link the application to GC key?
- You applied using paper/post application?

Jul 29, 2024
Hey, quick question for those who got approval:

How is the new PGWP length calculated?

1. From the first work permit expiration date to the remaining work permit time
2. From the approval date to the remaining work permit time
3. If my work permit is approved before the current one expires, will I get fewer months?