Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Dancu said:
Thanks a lot for your answers!

Regarding your questions: I suggest you change on E-Cas the address from Romania to your home address in Canada - I did the same for my mother. The change of address takes effect online in 2 weeks - so you could also send them a letter (probably to Bucharest since they have your file) telling them that the new mailing address for your mother is your address in Canada (I did the same thing with CPP-Ottawa). Generally the request for passport comes by email, but in your case (since it is processed by the old rules), it might come by regular mail (actually even for the new rules, I'm not so sure that it won't come by regular mail anyway - so that's why I announced them about the address change for my mother).

As for the mailing part: when I applied for PR for me, I was already in Canada working on a working visa and I received the request for passport from Bucharest. I mailed the passport by DHL to Bucharest and also included a pre-paid DHL envelope which they used to return my passport a week later. If it was possible then, I think it should be possible also now.
I discussed this part about change of mailing address ( many pages ago ) , but it clearly says IF file is in Canada ( aka CPP-O ), not for files which are in LVO, however, you can be rep and give your mailing address. I faxed rep from and my parents home mailing address changed to mine within a day in Ecas

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can0can, does your passport request say anything about how long the passport should be valid for?

zafarsaeed

Jan 11, 2012
Hello everyone
Can someone please answer following points:
1. Does getting any financial aid from government, federal or provincial, housing or income support, affect super visa for parents?
2. If it does, for how long? For instance, if some one has taken financial support of any of the above type 15 months ago, can she sponsor her parents for a super visa now?

thanks for anticipated replies.

mushkan

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-08-2007
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
3-12-2011
Med's Done....
12-1-2012
Passport Req..
3-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
5-4-2014
congratulations to all of those who got visa or PPR.

Wish i can also see change in my application status.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
zafarsaeed said:
Hello everyone
Can someone please answer following points:
1. Does getting any financial aid from government, federal or provincial, housing or income support, affect super visa for parents?
2. If it does, for how long? For instance, if some one has taken financial support of any of the above type 15 months ago, can she sponsor her parents for a super visa now?

thanks for anticipated replies.
Sponsor ( Inviter ) needs to meet LICO - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables

Typically, you can show last 12 months income but frankly they can check if they want to, if you were taking govt aid. But regardless of being able to invite folks on supervisa, there are lot of other factors as you must have read

gaggidhillon

Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2008
Doc's Request.
30 nov 2011
Nomination.....
27-jan-2012 doc send
AOR Received.
11-may-2012
File Transfer...
29 august 2012,AOR FROM NEW DELHI ON 9 OCTOBER 2012
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
07 dec 2012,ecas acknowledge medical on 30/12/12
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06- march 2013 ("address change on 8 march"DM on 11 march")
LANDED..........
Last week of march
raju735 said:
Hi,

I have a question, till yesterday (Sept. 25, 2012) when i checked ECAS with my mothers info, ECAS was showing my address under your current home address, and when i checked ECAS today my address was also shown under your current mailing address

anyone has idea as to what does this mean?
Hi raju same thing happen in our e-cas till yesterday my mailing address is india.but from today i saw both my home address and mailing address change to canada one dont know if there is any sign of letter but happens today

gaggidhillon

Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2008
Doc's Request.
30 nov 2011
Nomination.....
27-jan-2012 doc send
AOR Received.
11-may-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Last week of march
Hi to all .i changed my mailing address on 12 sept it shows on e-cas 14 of sept with indian mail address then after 13 days today i login with file number i saw 2 address both the home and mailing address change to my sponser canada address .what happen i have no clue???

taking4eva

Jun 14, 2012
gaggidhillon said:
Hi to all .i changed my mailing address on 12 sept it shows on e-cas 14 of sept with indian mail address then after 13 days today i login with file number i saw 2 address both the home and mailing address change to my sponser canada address .what happen i have no clue???
If your address or any info. on ecas not correct you can send email to question@cic.gc.ca along with a printscreen of the information that's incorrect and they will correct it. Personally I dont like to change info. online .The last time I contacted them at this email address they made the change in less than a week, however they dont reply to you.

gaggidhillon

Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2008
Doc's Request.
30 nov 2011
Nomination.....
27-jan-2012 doc send
AOR Received.
11-may-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
08-NOV-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
08-NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Last week of march
taking4eva said:
If your address or any info. on ecas not correct you can send email to question @ cic.gc.ca along with a printscreen of the information that's incorrect and they will correct it. Personally I dont like to change info. online .The last time I contacted them at this email address they made the change in less than a week, however they dont reply to you.
Hi i already done that they changed but know from today it again change my address to canada one what they done i cant know i am sending again letter sign by PA.

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
Hello all,

I have been away due to illness and couldn't really follow the forum for some while.
And WOW! CONGRATULATIONS to so many of you!
I am excited for all of you who have seen the light at the end of this long journey!
That gives us hope as well!

It seems like India's moving fast these days! (I'm not from India..)
I hope other countries will also speed up.

Furthermore, Can0Can mentioned that he got a passport request without ecas update, so hopefully my 'APPLICATION RECEIVED' isn't that bad after all.
Esp, Shuga, I hope you'll hear back from CIC soon.

Dancu

Aug 17, 2012
Dancu said:
Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether someone knows how long it takes to receive the letter/email from CIC after the E-Cas shows "Decision Made"?
Since August 4th I see "Decision Made" on my mother's E-Cas but I haven't received any communication from CIC. My mother's application is with CPP-Ottawa.
It would be very helpful to know how long it took for other people to receive the letter or email from CIC after reaching the stage "Decision Made". Does anyone know this - maybe from similar cases in June or July?

Thanks a lot!
Hello everyone,

I just received passport request from CPP-Ottawa -- we have to send the passport within 30 days to Seattle Consulate. I've got one question - it refers to their instructions for mailing the passport back to us:

"Please include a plain 9" x 12" self-addressed "Canada Post Photo Mailer" envelope. No postage is necessary,
unless they are US stamps.

The Consulate will send all mail to addresses in Canada via regular mail (U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail)
only. We will not use registered mail, certified mail, Canadian postage coupons or Canadian Xpresspost envelopes.
The Consulate is not responsible for any passports lost in the mail.

NOTE: The Visa Office will not return your passport using registered mail, certified mail, return postage coupons.
The Visa Office will not return passports to addresses in the United States or Canada using ANY commercial courier
services (e.g. UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.)"

I'll ask Canada Post what is the Photo mailer envelope and if there is some possibility of a more secure means of mailing still within the received instructions. Does any of you have any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!
I hope all of you will receive soon PR visas for your families!

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dancu said:
I'll ask Canada Post what is the Photo mailer envelope and if there is some possibility of a more secure means of mailing still within the received instructions. Does any of you have any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!
Just a suggestion - Don't know if it is feasible.
You can get US expresspost envelope from USA, if they have one (either by going in person across the border or have someone mail it to you, if you have someone in USA). The US expresspost envelope should be good to mail from US to Canada. Check on US mail website.

Canapost offers Xpresspost pre-paid envelope for mailing from Canada to USA. If US Postal department offers same kind of xpresspost pre-paid envelope to be mailed from USA to Canada.

Just found one...
Chk the link - http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10054&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=2

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Dancu said:
Hello everyone,

I just received passport request from CPP-Ottawa -- we have to send the passport within 30 days to Seattle Consulate. I've got one question - it refers to their instructions for mailing the passport back to us:

"Please include a plain 9" x 12" self-addressed "Canada Post Photo Mailer" envelope. No postage is necessary,
unless they are US stamps.

The Consulate will send all mail to addresses in Canada via regular mail (U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail)
only. We will not use registered mail, certified mail, Canadian postage coupons or Canadian Xpresspost envelopes.
The Consulate is not responsible for any passports lost in the mail.

NOTE: The Visa Office will not return your passport using registered mail, certified mail, return postage coupons.
The Visa Office will not return passports to addresses in the United States or Canada using ANY commercial courier
services (e.g. UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.)"

Thanks a lot!
I hope all of you will receive soon PR visas for your families!
Congrats, can u share ur home country and time line