+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
salyrm said:
Hi Anik

I have a question for you, do I have the option when filling in the IMM0008 to choose Ottawa versers VO, or not? I thought that if my mom is back home I have to go with VO, but if she is here in Canada I can choose Ottawa? Is that correct??
Shuga is right. We do not have an option to select Ottawa - they send some cases there but they decide which ones...
If you mom is here for more than a year then I guess you can try Buffalo

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
jolly77 said:
While going through few posts I noticed normally Stage 1 was completed in approx 2 years. I am sure when I sent in my stage 1 application waiting time was not 51 months as it says now on CIC website. Can some one please advice, what timelines will be applicable for our application? Is it current one or the one at the time of application received?
The timeline posted on the CIC websites reflect the time they took to process the applications in the 'previous 12 months'. CIC has now changed the system of processing parents/grandparents applications and are trying to clear the backlog. Based on the new quotas assigned, most applications from 2008-2009 categories would be cleared by end of 2013 (could be earlier too).

jolly77

Feb 1, 2012
CPC asking for additional documents: such as marriage certificates, etc from my parents.

My parents got married in 1976 in India and they didn’t register their marriage at that time as it was not required by law at that time. My mother’s parents are not alive anymore.

Please advice what are my options in the absence of marriage certificate? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
sakamath said:
The timeline posted on the CIC websites reflect the time they took to process the applications in the 'previous 12 months'. CIC has now changed the system of processing parents/grandparents applications and are trying to clear the backlog. Based on the new quotas assigned, most applications from 2008-2009 categories would be cleared by end of 2013 (could be earlier too).
Can you please give us a link? Any news for 2010 applicants?

h-india

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
DOCUMENTS like birth certificates.i got translated in english by certified translator here.he put stamp on original photocopy and translated copy.do i still need to notarized from notary public or ok like that.

jolly77

Feb 1, 2012
CPC asking for additional documents: such as marriage certificates, Police certificate, birth certificates, etc from my parents.

My questions are:

- My parents got married in 1976 in India and they didn’t register their marriage at that time as it was not required by law at that time. My mother’s parents are not alive anymore.

- Re establishing relationship. My birth certificate just shows my father's name not the mother's name. My father is the principal applicant.

- Is the Indian Driving license treated as national Identity document, as we do not have any national identity document.

- My father (along with my Mother) being a central government employee worked in 10 different cities of 5 states in India. Do he need to submit police certificates from all the places wherever he lived for more than 6 months. In India very city or territory issues their own PCC, their is no centralized system for PCC yet.

Please advice what are my options in the absence of marriage certificate? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Jolly

jolly77

Feb 1, 2012
CPC asking for additional documents: such as marriage certificates, Police certificate, birth certificates, etc from my parents.

My questions are:

- My parents got married in 1976 in India and they didn’t register their marriage at that time as it was not required by law at that time. My mother’s parents are not alive anymore.

- Re establishing relationship. My birth certificate just shows my father's name not the mother's name. My father is the principal applicant.

- Is the Indian Driving license treated as national Identity document, as we do not have any national identity document.

- My father (along with my Mother) being a central government employee worked in 10 different cities of 5 states in India. Do he need to submit police certificates from all the places wherever he lived for more than 6 months. In India very city or territory issues their own PCC, their is no centralized system for PCC yet.

Jolly

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
jolly77 said:

My questions are:

- My parents got married in 1976 in India and they didn't register their marriage at that time as it was not required by law at that time. My mother's parents are not alive anymore.

Jolly
-> Indian Voter ID is treated as National ID
-> PCC is per country (I think)
-> Notarized affidavit for marriage certificate.
-> So many addresses, most likely will be transferred to New Delhi.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
jolly77 said:
Your father and mother should sign a sworn affidavit (contact a lawyer, they would know exactly what this means) stating that they married at so and so place at so and so date, had x children (with names and dates of birth for each).

PCC is per country, so only one PCC needs to be submitted (if at all it has to - recent posts indicate PCC would be returned back)

mash_afg

Dec 31, 2011
hello guys

SHUGA. SPONSERYOURPARENTS,USERS, AND ALL OF U GUYS CAN U PLEASE REPLY THESE QUESTIONS

I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS IN THE FOLLOW PLEASE ANYONE HAS IDEAS SHARE

THESE QUESTIONS ARE ABOUT IMM008 FORM

1. WHICH NUMBER WE HAVE TO PUT AT UCI
2. IN CONTACT INFORMATION ABOUT CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS WHICH ADDRESS YOU GUYS PUT DID U PUT YOUR PARENTS OR OURSELVES? AS IF I PUT MY OWN ADDRESS IN CANADA AS I AM LIKE REPRESENTATIVE IS THAT OK ?
3.IN TELEPHONE NUMBER SECTION SHOULD I PUT JUST OWN NUMBERS LIKE HOME AND CELL INSTEAD OF PARENTS ?
4.IN EDUCATION SECTION AS IN QUESTION NUMBER ONE ABOUT LEVELS OF EDUCATION
AS MY PARENTS ARE ONE HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE AS STUDIED 12 YRS ? SO WHICH ONE I HAVE TO SELECT? AND OTHER HAS STUDIED 14 YEARS OF SCHOOL AS BECAME TEACHER SO WHICH ONE I HAVE TO SELECT ?
I REALLY APPRECIATE TO REPLY AS MANY QUESTIONS AS YOU GUYS KNOW
THANKS

mash_afg

Dec 31, 2011
sakamath said:
Your father and mother should sign a sworn affidavit (contact a lawyer, they would know exactly what this means) stating that they married at so and so place at so and so date, had x children (with names and dates of birth for each).

PCC is per country, so only one PCC needs to be submitted (if at all it has to - recent posts indicate PCC would be returned back)
IF I SEND PCC ALONG WITH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS WILL THEY RETURN ? WHAT DO U MEAN DEAR AS IN CHECKLIST IT IS RECOMMENDED IF WE SUBMIT PCC WITH APPLICATIONS BUT WITHOUT APPLICATIONS SENDING SEPARATELY THEY WILL RETURN SO WHAT DO U MEAN DEAR I APPRECIATE IF U REPLY THANKS

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
mash_afg said:
1. WHICH NUMBER WE HAVE TO PUT AT UCI
Leave this field blank. This is not a required information. UCI is a unique number that CIC assigns to an individual. If your parents had come to Canada at any time, they would have been assigned this number. If not, then they would not have this number. Irrespective of whether you have this number or not, you can leave this blank.

2. IN CONTACT INFORMATION ABOUT CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS WHICH ADDRESS YOU GUYS PUT DID U PUT YOUR PARENTS OR OURSELVES? AS IF I PUT MY OWN ADDRESS IN CANADA AS I AM LIKE REPRESENTATIVE IS THAT OK ?
You can put your mailing address if you want to present yourself as your parent's representative. For that you would also have to fill up the Representative form. All correspondence would then come to you. Provide the same name/address/email address in the mailing address section and the Representative Form section. If you do not want to present yourself as a representative, then you should mention your parent's current residence address - as all correspondence with CIC would be to this address.

3.IN TELEPHONE NUMBER SECTION SHOULD I PUT JUST OWN NUMBERS LIKE HOME AND CELL INSTEAD OF PARENTS ?
Provide a number which is most accessible. If your parents are at home provide home number, if they work, provide the mobile number. If you are representing, then you should provide your phone number.

4.IN EDUCATION SECTION AS IN QUESTION NUMBER ONE ABOUT LEVELS OF EDUCATION
AS MY PARENTS ARE ONE HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE AS STUDIED 12 YRS ? SO WHICH ONE I HAVE TO SELECT? AND OTHER HAS STUDIED 14 YEARS OF SCHOOL AS BECAME TEACHER SO WHICH ONE I HAVE TO SELECT ?
Provide only the details of the "Principal Applicant" here, irrespective of whose education is higher. This section is not relevant for the parents sponsoring category, so the level of education does not matter (this is important for the Skilled Worker Class etc).

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
mash_afg said:
IF I SEND PCC ALONG WITH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS WILL THEY RETURN ? WHAT DO U MEAN DEAR AS IN CHECKLIST IT IS RECOMMENDED IF WE SUBMIT PCC WITH APPLICATIONS BUT WITHOUT APPLICATIONS SENDING SEPARATELY THEY WILL RETURN SO WHAT DO U MEAN DEAR I APPRECIATE IF U REPLY THANKS
Some people (not all) have received additional document request stating that PCC should not be submitted. My belief is that PCC should be submitted to the office that is processing your parent's application (Ottawa or the local VO). So I would wait to see where my file goes after the sponsorship is approved and then mail the PCC to that office.

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
sakamath said:
Some people (not all) have received additional document request stating that PCC should not be submitted. My belief is that PCC should be submitted to the office that is processing your parent's application (Ottawa or the local VO). So I would wait to see where my file goes after the sponsorship is approved and then mail the PCC to that office.
I have submitted PCC along with additional documents that was request 2nd time. I was informed this will speed up the process. All that are required is Medicals after file transfer. Looking at the processing time after transfer in CPC-O, it is 4-6 weeks. Next month I will know if they ask for medicals only?

jowabchay

Apr 18, 2012
apple_talk said:
I have submitted PCC along with additional documents that was request 2nd time. I was informed this will speed up the process. All that are required is Medicals after file transfer. Looking at the processing time after transfer in CPC-O, it is 4-6 weeks. Next month I will know if they ask for medicals only?