+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Shuga said:
my parents also did not submit a representative form - i'm not a representative... i thought that it might be easier for them to talk to a regional office directly then through me... but we wrote MY e-mail address in their IMM 0008... we also wrote MY canadian address as my parents mailing address... and i got an e-mail from CIC with medical forms...
I did the same as Shuga and got email for medical.

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Rick2007 said:
this is my observation till now,

If needs any local knowledge than CIC is transferring file to local office....i.e. in my case in education field for parents i put NONE that means parents are not understanding english but understand and speak only local language.

This above one of the reason that my file has been trasferred to local office..
My parents don't know English either and only speak Persian but I did put their education and selected English as language of correspondence. My file was transferred to CPP-O not local

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
rajmalhotra7 said:
Thanks sponsorparents. Now the real issue will start. My father had heart surgery last month. I dont know whether he'd pass the medical exam or not. Did you make yourself as a representative on your parents application. If yes, then you should get letter at your address, otherwise your parents will get back home. I'd say please check with CPP-O, if they mailed medical letter in your case. I know you didnt provide email adddress.
Congrats!
I think the best way is to call one of the designated physicians offices close to your parents and ask them what should your father take to the medical examination regarding his heart surgery.

ICJ

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Nomination.....
May 13, 2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
June 03, 2014
File Transfer...
June 03, 2014, Processing from July 03, 2014
Med's Request
April 18, 2015
Med's Done....
April 23, 2015- 3rd Line Updated April 28, 2015-medicals received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 03, 2015-Passports submitted June 04, 2015-4th Line Decision Made-June 05, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 12, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015-Ottawa
Congrats rajmalhotra7!!! Great news!
rajmalhotra7 said:
Today, I have received letter (NOT e-mail) on my Canadian address from CPP-Ottawa requesting Medical and PCC for my parents. The letter is dated March 08. The reason is that I am a Representative for my parents and I did not provide my email address in Representative form (IMM5476E). However, i did provide my fathers email address in IMM0008.

mash_afg

Dec 31, 2011
hello
how r u guys
as nice to see all useful information here as when u guys received the additional forms imm008 so did u guys fill it urself and then mailed to ur parents back home to get their signature and then they sent u and then u mailed that to cic in canada so how it works as one u guys recieved the request for additional forms and documents so how u send to cic we are supposed to mail it or parents from back home which one is right way
thanks

mash_afg

Dec 31, 2011
hello mahbubeh
when u filled the form as you put your parents education did u also submit the supporting documents for their education like suppose if u put 14 yrs of education then did u submit the document to support that
should we do that as if we dont have that in hand then what as if we put 14 yrs but in future if they ask to support that then and also when u filled it asks u if you speak english or french suppose if parents dont speak any of them then what u choose u choose none or english or how it works
i will appreciate if u or anyone here answers
thanks

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
mash_afg said:
hello mahbubeh
when u filled the form as you put your parents education did u also submit the supporting documents for their education like suppose if u put 14 yrs of education then did u submit the document to support that
should we do that as if we dont have that in hand then what as if we put 14 yrs but in future if they ask to support that then and also when u filled it asks u if you speak english or french suppose if parents dont speak any of them then what u choose u choose none or english or how it works
i will appreciate if u or anyone here answers
thanks
I did not provide any documents for my parents education. I think as my parents are not coming as skilled worker, the education part is not that important.
The language question:
I don't remember the question now but when the question was referring to my parents, I selected none and when it was asking what language you prefer for correspondence, I selected English because all forms, goes through me and my sisters translate everything for my parents.

I hope this helps :)

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
mash_afg said:
hello
how r u guys
as nice to see all useful information here as when u guys received the additional forms imm008 so did u guys fill it urself and then mailed to ur parents back home to get their signature and then they sent u and then u mailed that to cic in canada so how it works as one u guys recieved the request for additional forms and documents so how u send to cic we are supposed to mail it or parents from back home which one is right way
thanks
I don't think it matters, who mails the documents. However in my case I mailed them because, I wanted to see and check everything before mailing them to CIC.
Here is how I filled the forms:
1- Used PDF exchange viewer to fill the forms and save filled forms (http://pdf-xchange-viewer.en.softonic.com/)
2-Downloaded all necessary forms and filled all parts that I had the information for them.
3- sent the form to my sister and she filled the rest with the help from my parents
4- she emailed the forms and I double checked everything was fine ( consistency in dates and spelling of names are very important)
5- my parents signed the filled forms and sent me the forms and documents
6- checked everything (believe it or not I still could find a mistake in one of addresses, and as it was a small one just corrected it manually)
7- mailed forms and documents to CIC

Note: I provided my address and my email address to CIC for correspondence

I hope this help

Rick2007

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-02-2012
Med's Request
07-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
07-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-09-2012
anyone have updated information or corrospondence from local office yet...?

I received letter on Feb indicating time line and wait for another 43 months.......that's it..

anyone on forum get medical request or any addition letter from CIC local office?

cslave

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2012 from LVO
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
26-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2013
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
I don't think local visa office will response so fast. They have backlog need to clear first based on quota in 2012.

Browneagle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rick2007 said:
anyone have updated information or corrospondence from local office yet...?

I received letter on Feb indicating time line and wait for another 43 months.......that's it..

anyone on forum get medical request or any addition letter from CIC local office?
I think there's someone whose file is transfer to Delhi in last week on January got acknowlegment email from them.

Teri

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2008
Doc's Request.
28-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-12-2011
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
File Transfer...
07-02-2012
Med's Request
16-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
24-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2012
Any news, from anyone, from the local visa offices?

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
So far, the most we know is that a few people whose files were transferred to the local office have received a standard email giving out the timeline. Based on my understanding of the email and the timeline in it, the process should not take too long. In my particular case, my file was transferred to the local office on March 8th. CPC-M informed me about it, but I have not yet received the email from the local office. Nor has anything else changed on the e-cas.

Rick2007

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-02-2012
Med's Request
07-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
07-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-09-2012
sakamath said:
So far, the most we know is that a few people whose files were transferred to the local office have received a standard email giving out the timeline. Based on my understanding of the email and the timeline in it, the process should not take too long. In my particular case, my file was transferred to the local office on March 8th. CPC-M informed me about it, but I have not yet received the email from the local office. Nor has anything else changed on the e-cas.
I received e-mail from local visa office (New-Delhi) as you mentioned in your post......same standard e-mail says you have to wait for another 43 months..

what a mess by CIC, pray to God and Hope another forum members files are not transfering in local visa office...

If file transfer to Ottawa than you are lucky, b'cos process is so fast...

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Rick2007 said:
...same standard e-mail says you have to wait for another 43 months...

...pray to God and Hope another forum members files are not transfering in local visa office...
Rick2007: I strongly believe that those people (including myself) whose files have been transferred to the local office, would get the final visa at more or less the same timeline as those, whose files are processed at CPP-O. Your 43 month wait time starts from the date the local visa office has received the file and I believe that to be some time in 2008. You shall hear from the local office soon.