File Transfer...
February 2012
Med's Request
April 4th, 2012
Med's Done....
May 1st, 2012, e-cas "med received" July 2nd
Anik said:
Hi all,
We are going for medicals this week (here in Canada as my parents are visiting) and I have a couple of questions:

1) Which office to send the results: since our case is at an LVO, our medical forms instructs us to have the results sent to London, UK. However, when I was making an appointment, the receptionist said that they send all results to Ottawa (as they are in Canada). Should I insist that our results are sent to London, UK instead (and possibly pay for sending them)? Or is it OK if the results go to Ottawa instead of London, UK? Will the latter result in any issues or delays?

2) Photographs: we are required to bring more photographs to the visit.
We have more of the same photographs that we sent with the application in February (the same photos that are already affixed to our medical forms). however those were taken slighly more than 6 months ago. Would those work (given that they are already on the forms anyway) or should we go and take new ones? we are a bit pressed for time and I did not think about that before

Thanks for your help in advance
Hello Anik.
My friend's mother was in same case that your parents. She was in Canada when received medicalas request from LVO. She done here medicals and the office send results to Ottawa.5-6 weeks after her ecas show med received. So, it's OK if the results will be send to Ottawa.

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
Nouna said:
you indicated you do not like London office
just my personal opinion...
i don't like London office because they requested additional test and did not let me know about it... and i read about cases when request for additional test from London was send 3-4 months after first medicals were completed (instead of 2 weeks - 1 month from Ottawa)...

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
kandel said:
Yeah you are right sakamath....but its was a lot of workk notarizing certificates and making affidavits etc & we will have to do it again.
Based on the forms posted by jatt-going-canada, I noticed NDelhi is asking for marriage certificates of our siblings too. Hope that is not the case for all applicants! Can any one who received medical requests from NDelhi confirm what specific documents they ask for?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Shuga said:
i was not asked for any income proof... but i provided option C printout for all years since 2008 without CIC asking me about it... i belive that some people were asked to provide T4s and other proof of income...
thank you for your reply. the income they look at Option C is not good for us, as we have much higher income from farmig and we are applying as self-employed - T4 does not work for us either.
we are trying to contact our accountant for any ideas he might have.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
does anyone know how to change the amount of family members?
thank you.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Suin said:
thank you for your reply. the income they look at Option C is not good for us, as we have much higher income from farmig and we are applying as self-employed - T4 does not work for us either.
Not sure if this helps...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5482E.PDF

Doesn't Q 11 on pg 2 apply to you? It specifically mentions to add "Income from other personal self-employment endeavours such as farming, fishing, commission sales, consulting and child care that are conducted for profit"

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
Suin said:
the income they look at Option C is not good for us, as we have much higher income from farmig and we are applying as self-employed - T4 does not work for us either.
i'm not self-employed - so not familiar with how income/tax works with self-emplyed... but i was under impression that if you have income from whatever source then you are supposed to report it and pay tax on it... and it will appear in Option C printout...

i thought that 12 months option is for those who apply in the middle of the year and option C for the previous year does not show enough income but the income has increased and you can show more for the current year... but havent' filed tax return yet so it's not in Option C yet... then you can show some other proof of income for the current year...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Shuga said:
i'm not self-employed - so not familiar with how income/tax works with self-emplyed... but i was under impression that if you have income from whatever source then you are supposed to report it and pay tax on it... and it will appear in Option C printout...

i thought that 12 months option is for those who apply in the middle of the year and option C for the previous year does not show enough income but the income has increased and you can show more for the current year... but havent' filed tax return yet so it's not in Option C yet... then you can show some other proof of income for the current year...
thats correct
What matters is option C as it shows your income - I feel an accountant would be in a good position to answer this

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Shuga said:
just my personal opinion...

i would not insist on sending medicals to London... i think it's a regular procedure for a doctor to send medical results to the regional office he 'belongs to'... so i think it will not delay the process... in addition to that - i personally don't like medical office in London...

i would not take new pictures... nobody will pay attention to how long ago they were taken if a person on the picture is easily recognizible (the same hair colour, weight, etc)
This is what I am leaning towards too :) THe "path of the least resistance" or 'go with the flow' choices so to speak... (very zen of me :) ) I know that there are no guarantees either way, of course...

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
cesca said:
Hello Anik.
My friend's mother was in same case that your parents. She was in Canada when received medicalas request from LVO. She done here medicals and the office send results to Ottawa.5-6 weeks after her ecas show med received. So, it's OK if the results will be send to Ottawa.
THanks for letting me know!

Eddream

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Peter Rabbit said:
Friends, I need your help again, please!

The letter from Ottawa states: "your passports are to be sent by pre-paid courrier, at your expense, with the return cost included".
I just got back from the post office, where Canada post does not deliver such service.
So, if you were in a similar situation, what company have you used to send your parent's passport abroad to the Canadian embassy?
Mom is here.
She can do landing here but she still needs to send her passport to the canadian embassy in her country of origin to get the pr document.
Please kindly advise!
Thank you :)

Hi Peter Rabbit,

To expedite your courrier, there will be no problem, just fill out a regular waybill and everything will be good.

DHL, UPSor Fedex do not have prepaid courrier as they do not offer it to the public anymore. Instead they have what they call collect services where, whenever your passeport is ready to be shipped out by the embassy, they go pick up your passeport and you pay as you go pick up your passeport upon arrival at your local location. Basically they will bring to the embassy a Fedex enveloppe and a waybill that will be filled out and sealed at the embassy and will carry the package.
You will need to call them so they can provide you with a reference number and the number for the Fedex that will go pick up your passeport. Please provide that Fedex phone number and address to the embassy where your passeport will be sent so they can contact Fedex for pickup to ship back your passeport.

I went to that horrible process of the prepaid label and trut that wasn't fun cuz I almost missed my deadline :mad:.

Anyways, hope that helps

Eddream

Star Member
May 28, 2012
habibmanzoor75 said:
I got the letter today that my sponsorship application request is approved and I am so glad about it. I though have a confusion that my parents are in Canada and the file is transferred to local visa office. So what happens next, I was hoping that my parents can be here with me while the file is in-process but looks like I did not got select for CPP-O.

I did requested for the local visa office as I believe we cannot request CPP-O with in Canada as that in not the visa office.

Any one has the same situation??? What needs to be done now??
Hello habibmanzoor75,

Greta news!!!. When was your letter dater. Just want to estimate the postal delay since I am impatiently expecting my approval letter too.
Take care!

Kerria

Sep 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[quote autHello Anik.
[/quote]

Same here concerning my mom:
Meds supposed to be done in Bucharest (and sent to London); instead, meds done in Montreal (and sent to Ottawa).
No problem at all.
Or maybe, just a longer waiting time till ECas got updated to Meds received; in my case: 6 weeks.

Eddream

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Deekay09 said:
Hi Rebel,

Initial Application: July 2009
Doc Request: March 30, 2012
Doc Submitted: May 22, 2012
AOR received: June 28, 2012
Sponsorship Approval: Oct 18, 2012
Hi Deekay 09,

Congratulations on your approval !!!
I am also impatiently awaiting for mine as I recieved a call from CIC thate verything looked ok.
Hope you don't mind me asking when was the letter issued? I just want to estimate the postal delay.

Eddream

Luck786

Apr 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kandel said:
Raju do you have to send any original certificates aswell? If yes how can you cuz you already sent in nov'11 add.doc.req.?
I submitted origional proofs of continuos studies and enrollments for dependents in reply to Nov 2011 letter from college.But later my LVO didn't ask for proof of continuous studies as dependent was less then 22.So I just sent reg copies of certificates and degrees.and I also sent origonal affidavit in place of Birth certificates for my parents ,which I didn't send to LVO again .I just mentioned I provided earlier.It was a lot of hassle and will do again ,only if they will require it specifically.
So I saved myself with lot of attestation and affidavit things.
In Delhi I guess they send a form to submit ,right.But if dependent was less then 22 I think you don't need to give any proof of coninuous studies.