+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
panjab said:
Yes and they told my dad they will not issue visa on that passport. And the Indian passport authority will not issue passport because the expiry date is in the future so they say you cannot get one, because your exiting one is still valid. So if anybody has passport with pictures with colored background beware. Not sure if it is the officer handling my case or is this a new guideline. Could not find anything to that effect anywhere on the CIC website
I'd advise to take a letter from CHC New Delhi (mentioning that visa cannot be issued because of colored background)and show it to Passport Officer. Try to cancel your parents current passport and apply for a new one ASAP. Talk to Regional Passport Officer.

hmadra

Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
Waiting
panjab said:
Yes and they told my dad they will not issue visa on that passport. And the Indian passport authority will not issue passport because the expiry date is in the future so they say you cannot get one, because your exiting one is still valid. So if anybody has passport with pictures with colored background beware. Not sure if it is the officer handling my case or is this a new guideline. Could not find anything to that effect anywhere on the CIC website
Just loose the damn passports , pay someone at the police station , file the DDR , and get a new issued.

panjab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2007
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
rajmalhotra7 said:
I'd advise to take a letter from CHC New Delhi (mentioning that visa cannot be issued because of colored background)and show it to Passport Officer. Try to cancel your parents current passport and apply for a new one ASAP. Talk to Regional Passport Officer.
Don't need to do anything of that sort. My parents new passports are on there way, they will have them tomorrow, so hopefully soon they will have Visa, cause we know now that the Visa is ready to be stamped. Hopefully next week.

Cmarwah

Sep 29, 2012
panjab said:
Really?.. Never heard this before..

panjab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2007
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
hmadra said:
Just loose the damn passports , pay someone at the police station , file the DDR , and get a new issued.
Yes that would work to, but it is a long drawn process, file a lost complaint, wait for verification by PO and then wait for the new one.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
panjab said:
Don't need to do anything of that sort. My parents new passports are on there way, they will have them tomorrow, so hopefully soon they will have Visa, cause we know now that the Visa is ready to be stamped. Hopefully next week.
Great. so your parents already got a new one :)

Cmarwah

Sep 29, 2012
panjab said:
How did your parents managed to get a new passport when they already had a passport?

nabha

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
decemeber 2008
Doc's Request.
25 nov 2011
AOR Received.
dont remember
Med's Request
feb 2012
Med's Done....
march 2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
18 sept
VISA ISSUED...
3 0ct
LANDED..........
not yet
panjab said:
Our passports came back in 3 days but they said there was an issue. Can you tell me something, did your parents passport have pics with White background or colored? My parents were told passports were invalid and need new passports :mad:
I don't know Panjab my dad got a call from courier company that they recieved there passport. I don't know abt the picture background but they have had visitor visa from Canada before so I don't think so there should be any problem. But I ll get to know tonight cause they still have to pick passports up but they took 10 days including weekend to send passports back so hope there is no issue like that . But this is bullshit that they cannot issue visa with coloured background

panjab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2007
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
Cmarwah said:
Really?.. Never heard this before..
Well tell me about it. I was amazed, when I came here my passports which I still have had pictures with colored backgrounds. And they will not give you or tell you this in writing. My dad had to goto the Consulate request them to tell him why his passport was invalid, they just sent him a letter with no explanation why there passport was invalid. Initially I thought may be they read the expiry date wrong. I cross checked everything else and ruled it out. Only thing left was there was a mistake made.

But I was astonished and angry when my dad was told this. And they would not let my dad talk to the VO, the receptionist went back to the VO and spoke and came back and told my Dad. When my dad requested them to give it in writing they said no we cannot give that in writing.

WTF. I hope after the new passport there are no new issues

Cmarwah

Sep 29, 2012
nabha said:
I don't know Panjab my dad got a call from courier company that they recieved there passport. I don't know abt the picture background but they have had visitor visa from Canada before so I don't think so there should be any problem. But I ll get to know tonight cause they still have to pick passports up but they took 10 days including weekend to send passports back so hope there is no issue like that . But this is bull*censored word* that they cannot issue visa with coloured background
I think you should be OK.

Cmarwah

Sep 29, 2012
panjab said:
Well tell me about it. I was amazed, when I came here my passports which I still have had pictures with colored backgrounds. And they will not give you or tell you this in writing. My dad had to goto the Consulate request them to tell him why his passport was invalid, they just sent him a letter with no explanation why there passport was invalid. Initially I thought may be they read the expiry date wrong. I cross checked everything else and ruled it out. Only thing left was there was a mistake made.

But I was astonished and angry when my dad was told this. And they would not let my dad talk to the VO, the receptionist went back to the VO and spoke and came back and told my Dad. When my dad requested them to give it in writing they said no we cannot give that in writing.

WTF. I hope after the new passport there are no new issues
wow.. just wow.. speechless.. :eek:

panjab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2007
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
nabha said:
I don't know Panjab my dad got a call from courier company that they recieved there passport. I don't know abt the picture background but they have had visitor visa from Canada before so I don't think so there should be any problem. But I ll get to know tonight cause they still have to pick passports up but they took 10 days including weekend to send passports back so hope there is no issue like that . But this is bull*censored word* that they cannot issue visa with coloured background
Have you provided an email for your parents? Did you get the request to submit passports in an email. If you got the passport request in an email and there is no new communication in email after that you should be ok. Because in my case I got an email the second day and the third day the passports came back.

panjab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2007
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
Cmarwah said:
How did your parents managed to get a new passport when they already had a passport?
They cancelled the old one and got a new one issued.

lucy31

Aug 4, 2012
rajmalhotra7 said:
was your income for the respective years just met LICO. I have heard that if LICO is barely met then CIC gives hard time.
Oh, my income was all fine, actually! Unless, the number of dependents attracted their eyes! :(
I have been maintaining well on the Income as I work for the same company for the last 8 years. But, I am not sure about their reason that they may have.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lucy31 said:
Oh, my income was all fine, actually! Unless, the number of dependents attracted their eyes! :(
I have been maintaining well on the Income as I work for the same company for the last 8 years. But, I am not sure about their reason that they may have.
4 persons being sponsored should not have any impact on sponsorship application. But having 4 persons being sponsored can have slow processing impact at LVO. One of my friend sponsored parents and siblings in 2004 and sponsorship was approved in 2006. There file was in New Delhi for almost 5 years (until 2011). There were a total of 6 persons for visa at LVO (2 parents and 4 siblings/dependents)