+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Shuga said:
it looks like the new letter that cic sent to 2009 applicants is slightly different from the November one that we got - it asks everybody to provide option C printout...
Maybe they realized - when processing the submissions from the November 25 letter batch - that they had to request this a lot (e.g. if missing in the orignially filed application) and decided to add this to save themselves the effort of sending letters requiesting those...

I actually did not resend mine (I sent it originally as part of financial evaluation requirement and assumed they should already have it on file). I only sent option C printouts for subsequent years (as I mentioned earlier - just in case). Hope it is not going to delay my file :(

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
A question from those who where asked to submit option C:

Did you submit Option C when you originally applied (e.g. 2008)?

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anik said:
I actually did not resend mine (I sent it originally as part of financial evaluation requirement and assumed they should already have it on file). I only sent option C printouts for subsequent years (as I mentioned earlier - just in case). Hope it is not going to delay my file :(
Don't worry, Anik. As long as your 2007 income was fine under the 2008 requirements, you will be fine. I did not submit another Option C for any of the years when I submitted additional docs in Feb. I got approved and they didn't ask me any questions about my income (despite the fact that i had EI on 2007 Option C due to maternity-i was really worried about this EI).

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
kandel said:
Hi i wan to clarify that i just called cic agent and asked her same question i applied in april 2008 and she said send option c of year 2007.. ??? omg i m so confused plz someone clear this
She may have misunderstood as you filed in April/08 so she thought you are supposed to submit 2007. CIC clearly stated in the checklist that "Tax year you submitted...." so key word here is "Tax Year" if you submitted your application in 2008 then you need to send 2008 option C print out and NOT 2007. It's very simple.
My understanding is that "Don't just blindly send all year option C print out as someone suggested here, just send exactly what they asked for" sending "Everything" is unnecessary.

mohalite

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 June, 2008
Doc's Request.
25 Nov, 2011
AOR Received.
29 March, 2012
File Transfer...
10 April, 2012 to Ottawa
Med's Request
11 June, 2012
Med's Done....
21 June, 2012
Passport Req..
07 Nov, 2012
Anik said:
Thanks! We will all continue to wait I guess...I have not received any letters yet (your email last week came on the 29th and my email came on 30th - so I am one day behind based on that)
Hi Anik
Wondering if you have got the letter stating that the application is complete? Like you I am anxiously waiting for status update on eCAS. I still have two lines, second line states Application Received on both Sponsorship Application and PR columns.
Regards

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
mohalite said:
Hi Anik
Wondering if you have got the letter stating that the application is complete? Like you I am anxiously waiting for status update on eCAS. I still have two lines, second line states Application Received on both Sponsorship Application and PR columns.
Regards
I have not yet checked my postal mail today (still at work, I am on the west coast), but so far I have not received anything in mail (not even the 'application compete' one that you received). Nothing via email either and no changes in status (2 lines but no decision made)...

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Snspring said:
You need to call Canada Revenue and ask to send you Option C Printout for the tax year 2009 which you submit your application. It will takes 3 - 5 days to send you that.
don't they ask for the recent one?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
mash_afg said:
hello
i really appreciate if you guys reply to this as in the checklist that cic sent
in one section it says for the sponsor and other for the principal applicant
as for the sponsor it asked one thing so can u guys please tell what does it mean ?

FOR THE SPONSOR
1 . OPTION C PRINT OUT
Submit an original Option C print out for the tax year that you submitted the original sponsorship application

this document is different from your notice of assessment and is available to you upon request by calling Canada Revenue Agency

can anyone of you got such thing ? as in Option C print out where i highlighted the line if u guys read it says C print out for the tax year that you submitted the original sponsorship application
as what does it mean? as i started sponsorship in 2009 so does it mean i have to submit only c print out for the year 2008 or 2009 or all of years or just tax year 2011
thanks alot
have you received the request for the additional paperwork already?

salyrm

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
sanj99 said:
I applied for my in-laws on April 2009 and received for additional documents from CIC yesterday...
I think there is another batch of letters being sent out from CIC for additional documents. I got mine today, and originally I applied on June 28, 2009.

mspakp

Mar 12, 2010
Hi All

I got my sponsorship approval today..Letter was dated April 4th. My online status has no change..Here are my timelines

Sponsorship Filed - May, 2008
Additional Doc Request - Nov, 2011
Documents sent - Dec , 2011
CIC sent the Application back due to missing form - Jan , 2012
Completed Application Resent - Feb , 2012
CIC Letter Received that Application is complete - Feb, 2012
Another CIC Letter requesting Option-C Printout for 2007 - Mar 2012
Option -C Printout sent - Mar 2012
Approval & File Transfer to CPC-O - April 4, 2012 (Letter Received today, no email)

I read this thread today and found lot of useful information and I wanted help from friends here.

1. My Father's name shown is CIC Status and CIC Letter is incorrect just a couple of letters here and there. I checked the sponsorship form and the name i wrote on that is correct. Also all his forms that we submitted in Dec, 2011 have the correct name. what can i do to correct the name.

2. I did not submit any birth certificates for my parents nor any marriage certificate for them. Should i ask my parents to get them made and submit them now...if anybody has any format or more details on how many affidavits are required can you please let me know..

3. Also my parents are planning to travel to canada in May,2012. I gave my name as representative so I am hoping any further request should come to me. Any idea what are the costs of medical in Canada.

4. My status still shows 2 lines of Application Received and NO DECISION MADE. Is this any cause to worry?

5. I did not pay the fees for RPRF fee and i read in this thread that online does not show CPC-O in the list so how can we pay the RPRF fees online.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Spons

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2011
Nomination.....
Documents sent on Feb 10, 2012
AOR Received.
May 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
I am hoping to see a change in my status today. Although many have seen changes to their status during other days than Tuesday, it is stated on the CIC website that "The Client Application Status site is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays." I hope we get a lot of update after midnight.

alba1

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-3-2012
File Transfer...
13-4-2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012
Suin said:
don't they ask for the recent one?
No, they usually don't. The CIC asks for option C for the year that you submitted your original application for sponsorship. This form was mandatory when we applied on 2008, I don't know latter, but I guess they required it. So for everybody that is confused about the year, it has to be the same one that you used on your initial application. Usually, for people that applied on 2008, you had to get the 2007 option C, if you applied in 2009, you should have have used the 2008 option C

alba1

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
30-3-2012
File Transfer...
13-4-2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012
mahbubeh said:
A question from those who where asked to submit option C:

Did you submit Option C when you originally applied (e.g. 2008)?
I'm curios to know too. It looks like 2008 applicants were not required for that one, because we already did include it in our initial application in 2008. Maybe 2009 applicants were not required back then for that form, and CIC is asking them now? But it's unlikely, because we did the financial evaluation based on that form, so I don't understand it.

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
alba1 said:
I'm curios to know too. It looks like 2008 applicants were not required for that one, because we already did include it in our initial application in 2008. Maybe 2009 applicants were not required back then for that form, and CIC is asking them now? But it's unlikely, because we did the financial evaluation based on that form, so I don't understand it.
I submitted option c back in 2008 and they did not ask me for one in the checklist. It is difficult to understand how they are processing our file. I guess if we were not in this forum we would not know about these discrepancies.