+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, if anyone could help in the situation, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Because I only meet income requirements for a family size of 3 including myself, I'll be sponsoring my mom and dad.
However, I'm also thinking to apply a supervisa separately for my grand mother, since I cannot meet the income requirements for a family size of 4 for the last three years to sponsor her too.
Can any one confirm if it will be okay to have a separate application for my grandmother, to be submitted later after applying the sponsorship for my parents and keeping the family size 3?
So you received two invitation to apply - one for parents and one for grandmother? If not, you were not eligible to sponsor grandmother. For LICO for supervisa you include you, parents and grandparents (and children/spouse).

Reactions: VisaServices96

jessoabr

Star Member
May 14, 2018
So you received two invitation to apply - one for parents and one for grandmother? If not, you were not eligible to sponsor grandmother. For LICO for supervisa you include you, parents and grandparents (and children/spouse).
I only received one invite for PGP 2024 program. So does that mean I can only sponsor my parents and cannot include grandmother?
Thanks in advance for clarifying!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I only received one invite for PGP 2024 program. So does that mean I can only sponsor my parents and cannot include grandmother?
Thanks in advance for clarifying!
Well you would have submitted a profile in 2020 for your parents and grandmother. They are not dependant on each other. So you are sponsoring your parents. You can apply for supervisa for grandmother if you meet LICO and she passes the medical.

ankuraxy

May 16, 2016
Hello everyone,

I received the invitation after many years of wait. While filling the application, I have come up with many questions. Can you please guide me with the below?

1) My parents already have US and Canada Visitors Visa, it was applied through an agent so I don't know what information was entered then. If the information is different in PR documents now, can there be consequences?
2) Should I give the UCI number since they have visitors visa already? Or Can I leave it blank?
3) I don't have a birth certificate, which document should I use instead. Also, if letter of explanation is required, what is the format/template?
4) Parents don't have a marriage certificate, which document should I use instead. Also, if letter of explanation is required, what is the format/template?
5) My parents have travelled from India to Canada/US multiple times and between US and Canada too. Do I have to list each entry and exit in the travel history?
6) I do not have birth date for my fathers siblings and my grandparents. Can I leave it blank?
7) My mother's name is different in my documents and her documents. Do I have to provide a letter of explanation? If yes, what should be the format/template?
8) My father has Bachelor's and Master's degree but there was no college/institute associated, means it was private. What can I write in the Name of Institution?
9) My Father owned a business since the beginning, what should be the CV/Resume format? Also, under name of the company section, can I just mention Business Person?
10) There was a change in the district last year but my parents Passport is with the old district name. What should go under the address then? Can I use like New (Old). Or should I just use the new one?

Thanks in advance.

SC1989

May 2, 2024
Can someone guide on IMM 5406, will we need to send 2 copies of Imm 5406 Additional Family Information- One for my father and One copy for my mother. Is that true!

Amrinder Singh1986

Aug 9, 2017
Hello all…,
I am going to submit my mother’s application. Do I have to upload representative form online while doing all other forms.. because it’s not showing up on portal when I login to the account. All other forms coming up to do when I login. I’m not paid representative,, so what should I do….?
Which option did you choose from below ? i need to sponser and i I’m not paid representative too,,

For the 2024 intake, you and the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor must submit a complete application online through the Permanent Residence Portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login). The application must be submitted by the principal applicant (your parent or grandparent) or by a paid authorized representative on their behalf. If a paid authorized representative is submitting the application online on behalf of the principal applicant, the paid authorized representative must sign in to their Representative Permanent Residence Portal account to do so (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/rep/login).

jessoabr

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Well you would have submitted a profile in 2020 for your parents and grandmother. They are not dependant on each other. So you are sponsoring your parents. You can apply for supervisa for grandmother if you meet LICO and she passes the medical.
Ahh! I was under the impression that you "have" to include grandparents in the family size for meeting the income requirements to be eligible even if you are only for sponsoring parents.
Now, I'll sponsor my parents and apply for supervisa separately for grandma. Thank you! :)

eXclusif

Jun 11, 2024
Having hard time downloading IMM 1344 E: Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking

Is anyone able to download and post here for me.

Please and thank you.

Mani_28

Jun 3, 2024
Hi All, PGP 2024, My father is principal applicant and mother is dependent spouse, as application will be submitted by father for both principal applicant and dependent. DO my mother (dependent) need to sign USE OF REPRESENTATIVE FORM as application is being submitted by father?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Update to below post. We have obtained the death certificate from the hospital. It’s handwritten but on hospital letterhead and also stamped and signed. Would this work? Or do we need to provide a govt one?

1)My dad had a first wife that passed away. The checklist mentions that we must upload a death certificate. We are thinking of obtaining the certificate from from the hospital that she passed away in. Would that work? Or would we need an official govt certificate?

2) the checklist also mentions “if the principle applicant was previously married”
a) provide given/family names of previous spouse
b) the length of time they were together.

does this answer information have to be provided in word doc and then uploaded? Or is it sufficient that’s it’s captured already in the generic application form?

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Morning All,

imm 5768 question# 12 do i need to list my parents whom i m sponsoring and two children? if i need to add one additional row how can i do it ? please let me thanks abhi

Last edited:

ibrahim0175

Jun 26, 2014
I havent been selected for this years lottery program,I submitted the interest to sponsor form back in 2020,couldn't find the confirmation number,therefore used the lost confirmation number tool to submit a request to retrieve that number,cic got back to me today stating that they havent found my confirmation number,I carefully searched my email again today and found that number,it starts with C2,my question is “has CIC lost my confirmation number from their server?” is my number even in the pool to participate in this flawed lottery program?what can I do from my end to fix it?