+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

ms shabbir

Jan 11, 2013
Can anyone tell me if the income requirement is for the complete house hold income? Like I am self employed so my net income is not that much so if I am getting my spouse as co signer ,that also not fulfilling the last year 2023 requirement .Can I include the company income as well in that? Or Can my brother be included s 2nd co signer ? Or can I go with 2020,2021,2022 NOA as 2023 I am not meeting the requirement and finally after 4 years got the invitation to apply:(

KacheCanadian91

Jun 5, 2017
Can anyone tell me if the income requirement is for the complete house hold income? Like I am self employed so my net income is not that much so if I am getting my spouse as co signer ,that also not fulfilling the last year 2023 requirement .Can I include the company income as well in that? Or Can my brother be included s 2nd co signer ? Or can I go with 2020,2021,2022 NOA as 2023 I am not meeting the requirement and finally after 4 years got the invitation to apply:(
You can't include corporate income if it is not realized personally. Only your spouse can be a co-signer.

Reactions: mehul1313

KacheCanadian91

Jun 5, 2017
Also Ms Shabbir, as you are applying in the year 2024; 2023 NOA is mandatory. You can amend your T1 for 2023 and show higher income, if that works for you. Does comes with CRA audit and IRCC audit risk

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Hi All,

My spouse received an Interest to Sponsor for PGP a few days back. We had her brother added in the application when we submitted in Oct 2020 and he was just 19 years old then, which made him eligible for Sponsorship. And today he is not eligible anymore, as he is more than 22 years old.

So what should we do here? Without their son, the parents are not willing to process the application.

It took almost 4 years for the Canada Govt to invite.

Any suggestions?

yycrockyeagle

May 28, 2024
Hi Everyone, I received an invitation letter to apply for my parents. I have a question. I am a business owner, I decide the T4 amount every year Unfortunately it doesnt match the financial requirments. But my business income is above the required amount. In this case, I gathered, my T2 corporate tax returns which show my business income, Letter from employer who pays the majority of my income, I also gathered all my business bank statements clearly show how much i deposit every month. Do you think that will work? I have been looking for answers online with no luck!

Also, I am from Gaza... when I applied for my parents in 2020 it was only parents.... in December 2023, I lost 4 siblings and their entire families. Except, one neice survived and she lives with my parents now, she is 13 and dependent on my parents, I included her in my Application and will explain that in a letter to IRCC.

Any thoughts and ideas please help.

Thank you all and best of luck.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Hi, i am actually trying to fill up the same form right now. I am trying to follow the below order (adjusted obviously to the years 2023, 2022, 2021 and 2024 (up to May).

2024-01-01 - Present $ (summed up the gross income up to May 2024)
2023-01-01 - 2023-12-31
2022-01-01 - 2022-12-31
2021-01-01 - 2021-12-31

i found this older thread helpful : (1) A little help completing IMM5768 FINANCIAL EVALUATION FOR PGP. | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

I had a question on this form too please: for Q15 : I have not included my wife as co-signer but regardless i believe i need to provide details of her employment status as response to this question, correct? Q16 and Q17: i will be leaving blank (unanswered) because i am not including her as co-signer
Have read somewhere to include spouse as a cosigner. There are times when they can take 4 to 5 years to approve the PR application. If financial circumstances of one person change at least the income of two people could help to stay eligible from household income perspective.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Hi All,

My spouse received an Interest to Sponsor for PGP a few days back. We had her brother added in the application when we submitted in Oct 2020 and he was just 19 years old then, which made him eligible for Sponsorship. And today he is not eligible anymore, as he is more than 22 years old.

So what should we do here? Without their son, the parents are not willing to process the application.

It took almost 4 years for the Canada Govt to invite.

Any suggestions?
Your best bet is to explain to them that how this lottery works and no one knows how it will be in the future. If the family wants to move together then the other sibling can come on a student visa and later following the process that thousands of students follow get to the PR. It can take almost 2 years on an average for the application to be processed so in parallel the student visa etc. options can be worked out. Just my 2 cents.

yycrockyeagle

May 28, 2024
Hi. Quick question on income requirement.

In case of co-signer, do they consider total family income or individual income?

Also does the co-signer needs to have income every year in last 3 years?

Background:
In my case, I was employed full time in 2021 and 2022. In 2023, we started self employment and my spouse is also part of the incorporation. In 2023, our combined income is more than the threshold whereas individual income is less than the threshold.

Am I eligible to accept the invitation? Do you for see any problems. Suggestions recommended.

Because if I don't use co-signer my income will be less than threshold and if I use co-signer, my spouse doesn't have any income in the past years. That's the reason , I need clarity.
Im in the same boat and looking for answers i hope that doesnt unqualify us.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Hi. Quick question on income requirement.

In case of co-signer, do they consider total family income or individual income?

Also does the co-signer needs to have income every year in last 3 years?

Background:
In my case, I was employed full time in 2021 and 2022. In 2023, we started self employment and my spouse is also part of the incorporation. In 2023, our combined income is more than the threshold whereas individual income is less than the threshold.

Am I eligible to accept the invitation? Do you for see any problems. Suggestions recommended.

Because if I don't use co-signer my income will be less than threshold and if I use co-signer, my spouse doesn't have any income in the past years. That's the reason , I need clarity.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#income

Based on what you wrote you do not have a choice to not have a cosigner. And if cosigner had no income in any year why would it nullify the income which they did earn?

Reactions: mehul1313

mpatel2

Jun 20, 2022
I have a qn regarding PGP 2024

1)Since I was Co signer In Year 2020 for my Inlaws & my wife was Sponsorer
In the year 2024 Can I be the sponsorer for my parents and my wife b Co signer.
2) Considering Yes to the above scenario
What are the options if I am not eligible based on Income
Since qualifying for family of 8 is most likely impossible.
We are family of 4 + 2 (in laws) +2 ( my parents) =8
Please help if you guys have any solution .
Hi,
there should not be any issue, as your in-laws are not counted as family members as they have already PR & they are filing their taxes separately.

mehul1313

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi,
there should not be any issue, as your in-laws are not counted as family members as they have already PR & they are filing their taxes separately.
that is incorrect. The in-laws are considered dependent for 20 years from when they are sponsored. The total family income criteria for 8 people must be met to sponsor their parents now.