+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

MeetS

May 4, 2017
Thanks for the clarification....one more question When my husband submitted interest form in 2020 he was PR but now he`s a Citizen so according to underneath wording from IRCC website do we need to upload his PR card as well?
You must include a copy of the same status in Canada document you submitted with your Interest to Sponsor form in 2020 with your application to sponsor your parents and grandparents. Upload your status in Canada document to your online application under the section “Supporting documents.”

The PR card should not exist since they make you destroy it during Oath ceremony. But you probably own a digital copy, so it doesn't hurt to upload it. If it's not needed by IRCC, they will probably ignore it.

Reactions: Son gill

vijaycrvi

Sep 14, 2015
Thanks for the clarification....one more question When my husband submitted interest form in 2020 he was PR but now he`s a Citizen so according to underneath wording from IRCC website do we need to upload his PR card as well?
You must include a copy of the same status in Canada document you submitted with your Interest to Sponsor form in 2020 with your application to sponsor your parents and grandparents. Upload your status in Canada document to your online application under the section “Supporting documents.”

Since you already a citizen , you should just upload the citizenship certificate. As the other person mentioned during oath you would destroy the PR card and no more its valid.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under ‘Supporting documents’ they are asking for Invitation to Apply letter but when i read that letter it says you have to upload digital copy of this page under ‘Additional Supporting Documents’ with the document name of “other” in the portal
Is it two different things?..one the whole letter and other one just that one page with barcode ?
Please reply thanks
There's a section to specific upload the invitation letter but if you want to be on the safe side, you can upload it in the assigned section and as an additional document.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do we have any shared excel file for tracking application...?
Google PGP 2023 tracker (2024 doesn't seem to be online yet so I see people entering 2024 information in the 2023 tracker).

rajakaali

Dec 6, 2017
Hi - I need an urgent help to confirm signature requirements for IMM1344. I am confused about the correct way of signing the form.
1. Do we need to print the form and physically sign the form and upload it including the barcode page??
or
2. Digitally sign the form, click validate and then upload the form.

If I digitally sign the form and upload it, I noticed that the barcode page has disappeared in the online version I uploaded to the portal.
Please let me know what is the correct way of uploading the form. Need to submit my application today.
Much appreciated. Thank you

vijaycrvi

Sep 14, 2015
Hi - I need an urgent help to confirm signature requirements for IMM1344. I am confused about the correct way of signing the form.
1. Do we need to print the form and physically sign the form and upload it including the barcode page??
or

If I digitally sign the form and upload it, I noticed that the barcode page has disappeared in the online version I uploaded to the portal.
Please let me know what is the correct way of uploading the form. Need to submit my application today.
Digitally Sign and upload

rajakaali

Dec 6, 2017
or

For those interested. I had the issue with barcode page disappearing because I was using PDF-XChange Editor. When I used Adobe Acrobat, I did not have the barcode issue. I was able to talk to an IRCC agent and the agent confirm that a physical signature is not required.
Hope that helps someone.

Kittu987

Apr 28, 2019
There's a section to specific upload the invitation letter but if you want to be on the safe side, you can upload it in the assigned section and as an additional document.
Hello submitted applicaiton around same time, what is the approximate processing time?

kau_shik_patel

Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SASKATCHEWAN - NDVO
NOC Code......
2281/2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
Nomination.....
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
19-08-2016
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
28-12-2016
Interview........
00-00-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2017
LANDED..........
00-00-2017
Which Month application for Parent & Grandparent are going on right now. till what date the application of 2024 are processed

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello submitted applicaiton around same time, what is the approximate processing time?
No idea - but from this tracker:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTK6r_pQKgB5L_pO2f6iKQoLD0ix-VGvhbzUbkwXpmypfwxiM_OAQu7ODKsypHdsIyHFVlrpgk4PY_z/pubhtml?gid=1401443512&single=true

Most people that that have received PPR (which is normally the final step before landing) it's been about 8-9 months. Also looks like 2-3 months to get an AOR. Tough to know for sure.

Last edited:

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
Hi everyone, I have submitted my PGP 2024 application on July 12, 2024 after receiving invite on May 22 2024. When can I expect AOR? also how much time are they giving to get police clearance and medicals?

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
Thank you for your response, That is what I was thinking too, please keep me posted if you get updates
I raised a web form to check if my documentation was received by IRCC.
i got a reply after 10 days and they mentioned all new attachments are received and are with the office handling my case.