+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

Anjupatel@9594

Sep 29, 2019
Hello, I have submitted PGP application this june 1st 2024, but nothing received any update so far. i see many june appliant receiving documents updates so far. Anyone having similar situation?

jokerR

Aug 22, 2016
I also noticed in the other group chat that they are now requesting new versions of some forms : IMM5669e and IMM5406e .. Has anyone who has already submitted received same requests ? And also requesting that some forms be printed and signed by hand despite the guide stating that it should be signed electronically ?
They are requesting these if you miss something on these forms.

Reactions: katie26

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahh I am so confused now because initially that is what I thought but I saw other forums and whatsapp group where they say to put all travels for long period of time in the personal history as well.. My mom would stay in Canada for a year at a time but she would leave after 6 months either for short trip or go backhome for a few weeks and then come back to Canada so technically it would be 1 year and that's what she did for a few years until we got a super visa.. I just feel what is the worst that they can do, they can send me a request to fill it out again and ask not to put trips there.. Don't know now what to do .. I have it filled out with all the trips in both forms just to be safe .. :rolleyes:
In a case like this, easiest thing to do would be just put it in both sections (I know this contradicts what I said earlier lol). It honestly won't hurt to do that. Remember, in these applications, too much information is normally better than not enough. That should cover all your bases. For me, just because I went to visit for 6 months doesn't mean my official country of residence changes. Does that make sense?So whether it's a short trip or a long trip..it's still only a temporary trip.

There's also a question one of the first forms about the the principal applicant (and their dependents) resident in a country for longer than 6 months and what their status was. In this case I put in my parents' 7 month trip and I put their status as visitor (they had a super visa which is a visitor visa).

TLDR: it wouldn't hurt to put it in personal history and travel history if it gives you piece of mind. Worse case scenario, the visa officer will roll their eyes because you're duplicating information lol.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I have submitted PGP application this june 1st 2024, but nothing received any update so far. i see many june appliant receiving documents updates so far. Anyone having similar situation?
if you follow the trackers, most PGP applicants aren't receiving their AOR until at least a couple months after they've applied. Just wait it out for now. I wouldn't expect you to hear back anything until August at the earliest

GiveMePR

May 8, 2020
Hi, I'm applying PGP application only for my mother. My father and both my maternal grandparents are deceased. We don't have a death certificate or know the exact day of the death of my grandmother but we do know the month and year. Can I put an approximate death date and provide an explanation? Would this be sufficient?

katie26

Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
In a case like this, easiest thing to do would be just put it in both sections (I know this contradicts what I said earlier lol). It honestly won't hurt to do that. Remember, in these applications, too much information is normally better than not enough. That should cover all your bases. For me, just because I went to visit for 6 months doesn't mean my official country of residence changes. Does that make sense?So whether it's a short trip or a long trip..it's still only a temporary trip.

There's also a question one of the first forms about the the principal applicant (and their dependents) resident in a country for longer than 6 months and what their status was. In this case I put in my parents' 7 month trip and I put their status as visitor (they had a super visa which is a visitor visa).

TLDR: it wouldn't hurt to put it in personal history and travel history if it gives you piece of mind. Worse case scenario, the visa officer will roll their eyes because you're duplicating information lol.
Thank you for the detailed reply!! :) Yes I agree better be safe than sorry even though it will mean a little extra reading for them lol

I have another question- for the education part for IMM5669 section C (education) they say in checklist not to leave any time gaps in education but my father graduated from high school and has a a big gap before he went to university.. Do we indicate in section C which just lists education that he was not studying and the year from and to?

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the detailed reply!! :) Yes I agree better be safe than sorry even though it will mean a little extra reading for them lol

I have another question- for the education part for IMM5669 section C (education) they say in checklist not to leave any time gaps in education but my father graduated from high school and has a a big gap before he went to university.. Do we indicate in section C which just lists education that he was not studying and the year from and to?
Hmm you should be allowed to have gaps for education. Are you sure that's not for the personal history? I know in personal history when that's the cause you'd put [Time in high school] -> [Unemployed/Employed periods] -> [Time in university]

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I'm applying PGP application only for my mother. My father and both my maternal grandparents are deceased. We don't have a death certificate or know the exact day of the death of my grandmother but we do know the month and year. Can I put an approximate death date and provide an explanation? Would this be sufficient?
You don't need a death certificate for anyone. You just need to provide the date of death and location (e.g. 01/03/1996 - Kingston, Jamaica). If you don't know what it is exactly then you can just the location of where they died and provide a letter of explanation saying that you do not know the date.

pablotoronto

May 16, 2024
Good morning! Can someone please help. I am confused about the instructions, it says information we put in the sponsorship application should match the interest form in 2020, including status in Canada. If the sponsor was PR in 2020 but now became a citizen, what should we put in the current sponsorship form? Thank you!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning! Can someone please help. I am confused about the instructions, it says information we put in the sponsorship application should match the interest form in 2020, including status in Canada. If the sponsor was PR in 2020 but now became a citizen, what should we put in the current sponsorship form? Thank you!!
Citizen

Reactions: pablotoronto

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
For the family information form IMM5406. It says "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. "

So should I not include myself (the sponsor) as I am already a Canadian citizen? I have seen people here get the following instructions to resubmit this form. This contradicts the above instructions. Should I list myself on the form anyways to be safe?

For Section B, please ensure that you include ALL children, including ALL
adopted, step-children, and those who are currently a Canadian citizen or
permanent resident, regardless of age.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I got an email from IRCC requesting re-submit IMM5469 and IMM5406. I know how to redo the 5469 but get confused with 5406. I double checked the form I submitted. I do include all information of principal, dependent, parents of principle, children and siblings. Anyone has any ideas about this. PS: 5406 is an online portal form, it cannot be hand signature as original submission. The email from IRCC is below:
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and
dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all
dependants aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must
sign their own copy of this form by hand. Sections A, B and C must be fully
completed. For Section B, please ensure that you include ALL children, including ALL
permanent resident, regardless of age. For Section C, please ensure that you include
ALL brothers and sisters including half, step-brothers/sisters and those who are
currently a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. The Name, Marital Status,
Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address must be filled. The
street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for
Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City,
Province/State/Parish and Country. If any information is not known, please enter in
“Unknown”. If you are unable to provide any of the information listed above for any
individual listed in section A, B and C, you must provide an explanation. Please ensure
that you sign the form by hand and dated once it has been printed. Please submit
the most recent version of this form.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.
pdf
I am filling out this form, I (the son) am the sponsor and a Canadian citizen. Should I list myself on the additional family information form IMM 5406? The instructions from IRCC seem to say not to list those children that are already Canadian citizens?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
For the family information form IMM5406. It says "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. "

So should I not include myself (the sponsor) as I am already a Canadian citizen? I have seen people here get the following instructions to resubmit this form. This contradicts the above instructions. Should I list myself on the form anyways to be safe?

For Section B, please ensure that you include ALL children, including ALL
permanent resident, regardless of age.
You need to include all children of the principal applicant whether they are Canadian citizens or permanent residents. This applies to all dependents of the principal applicant on whose behalf the principal applicant is filling out IMM5406.

The confusing part in the instruction is this line: "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. "

So the principle applicant must fill all generic mandatory forms:
  • Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
  • Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
  • Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
  • Supplementary Information: Your Travels (IMM 5562)
The principle applicant must fill ALL of these forms above on behalf of all family members 18 and above who are not already Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

For example you are sponsoring your parents and this is the family composition:

Example 1:
Parent1, Parent2, biological Child1 (sponsor), and biological Child2.
Let's say Child1 is sponsoring based on the invite as a result of winning the PGP lottery.
Let's say Child2 is also a Canadian citizen but did not will the PGP lottery.
Let's say Parent1 is the primary applicant. Parent1 who is the primary applicant, must fill IMM 0008, IMM 5406, IMM 5669, and IMM 5652 for themselves and also on behalf of Parent2. They don't need to fill this form out for Child2 as they are already a Canadian citizen

Example 2:
Parent1, Parent2, biological Child1 (sponsor), and biological Child2.
Let's say Child1 is sponsoring based on the invite as a result of winning the PGP lottery.
Let's say Child2 is over 18 but not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Let's say Parent1 is the primary applicant. Parent1 who is the primary applicant, must fill IMM 0008, IMM 5406, IMM 5669, and IMM 5652 for themselves and also on behalf of Parent2 and Child2.

This does not exclude the Parent1 from listing both Child1 and Child2 in IMM 5406 in both examples. Additionally, Parent2 must also list Child1 and Child2 on IMM 5406

TL;DR: List ALL children, including adopted children and step-children, regardless of age and status in Canada.

Last edited:

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Thanks
You need to include all children of the principal applicant whether they are Canadian citizens or permanent residents. This applies to all dependents of the principal applicant on whose behalf the principal applicant is filling out IMM5406.

TL;DR: List ALL children, including adopted children and step-children, regardless of age and status in Canada.
Thanks! Should I also include myself in my mom’s additional family information form too then? Hers pops up under the spouse section of the form on the portal.