+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Vix2587

Oct 26, 2013
Hi Everyone, i have a quick question regarding PGP application. My parents don’t have the marriage certificate and not even my birth certificate. Could you please help me out on what can we upload?

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

i am currently preparing application and was wondering if you can please provide insights on following based on your experience:

• Does use of representative form needs to be signed by both PA and accompanying dependent spouse or just by PA?
  • Do we also need to add travel in personal history (background declaration form 5669) in addition to employment and education ?
  • Address history requires all addresses for past 10 years. My parents visited Canada twice and lived with me for 6 months each. Do i need to provide address where parents lived in Canada during previous visits ?
Would appreciate any insights

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

i am currently preparing application and was wondering if you can please provide insights on following based on your experience:

• Does use of representative form needs to be signed by both PA and accompanying dependent spouse or just by PA?
  • Do we also need to add travel in personal history (background declaration form 5669) in addition to employment and education ?
  • Address history requires all addresses for past 10 years. My parents visited canada twice and lived with me for 6 months each. Do i need to provide address where parents lived in Canada during previous visits ?
Don't have the forms in hand, so only for the last question:
Yes, include long visits like 6 months in the address history.

mithu0727

Jun 4, 2024
Hi Everyone, i have a quick question regarding PGP application. My parents don’t have the marriage certificate and not even my birth certificate. Could you please help me out on what can we upload?
I think marriage certificate and birth certificates are very important documents. You should try your grade 10 and 12 certificates or passport which usually have fathers name on them but still your parents will need some kind of certificate to prove that they are husband and wife or something which proves that they are related to each other. Rest you can call them and find out what else you can submit.

Whistle

Nov 17, 2023
I received AOR and in AOR it is mentioned to submit IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation form "if not included with the application". I have submitted IMM 5768 form with the application. Do I need to resubmit the form?

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I have question regarding Biometrics. so my parents did Biometric today. In their PR portal, do i need to upload anything? because the lady at biometric center said this will be updated on the site. my question is then why i have 2 uploads option in PR portal? Anyone can answer this?
Mine was updated the same day, I did not upload anything.

Reactions: Nikhil shah

project_canada

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-20-2023
AOR Received.
24-04-2024
Med's Request
25-04-2024
Urgent question:
My parents live outside of Canada when application was filed and we have now received Passport request.

My parents are currently in Canada on TRV and they leave on July 7th.

1. If they do virtual landing here, will they be able to leave Canada Or do they have to wait for their COPR?

Any info on virtual landing will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Tykoon

Dec 15, 2023
I received AOR and in AOR it is mentioned to submit IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation form "if not included with the application". I have submitted IMM 5768 form with the application. Do I need to resubmit the form?
When did you submit your file

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

• Address history requires all addresses for past 10 years. My parents visited Canada twice and lived with me for 6 months each. Do i need to provide address where parents lived in Canada during previous visits ?
@scylla any thoughts on the above based on your experience would be much helpful and appreciated !

malwai3x

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
17-10-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Hi Everyone,

My application has reached the final step. Thank you so much to everyone for their input in this forum. Below is my timeline -

Interested submitted: 2020
Invitation received: October 16, 2023
Sponsoring: Parents-inside Canada
Application submitted: November 02, 2023
Additional info requested on: February 07, 2024 & February 17, 2024
(1st email requested proof of relationship with sponsor, 2nd email requested proof between both parents)
Info submitted for both requests: February 28, 2024
AOR received: March 05, 2024
Processing office: Case Processing Centre Mississauga
Biometrics requested: March 19, 2024
Sponsorship approval received: March 20, 2024
Biometrics completed: March 21, 2024
Medical requested: March 21, 2024
Medical received: March 27, 2024
Pre-arrival email received: April 01, 2024
PCC requested: April 03, 2024
PCC submitted: May 01, 2024
Final decision: May 06, 2024
Email 1 received for PR portal: May 07, 2024
Email 2 received for PR Portal: May 29, 2024
eCoPR: June 06, 2024

Good luck to all of you :)
Hello friend, congratulations. I also got a letter asking for passports. I have one question if you can help please - The letter is addresses to my mother who is primary applicant and my dad is accompanying dependent. When I am applying on VFS website for passport submission appointment in Jalandhar VAC, it is asking to upload the first page of passport request letter for both applicants. Should I upload the same letter even if it is not addressed to my dad and his name is not mentioned anywhere in that letter. However, this is what is mentioned in the letter:

a. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.

Do we get one passport request letter for multiple applicants or separate? Thanks a lot for the help.