+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Sorry reposting this in the 2023 forum in case any members have experience or can provide some advice

1)My dad had a first wife that passed away. The checklist mentions that we must upload a death certificate. We are thinking of obtaining the certificate from from the hospital that she passed away in. Would that work? Or would we need an official govt certificate?

2) the checklist also mentions “if the principle applicant was previously married”
a) provide given/family names of previous spouse
b) the length of time they were together.

does this answer information have to be provided in word doc and then uploaded? Or is it sufficient that’s it’s captured already in the generic application form?

Whistle

Nov 17, 2023
I received my AOR but does not have UCI on that just application no is that normal? That had the same message like submit imm 5768 if no it included with the application.

I did include IMM 5768 with application.
In my AOR, I don't have UCI number but you will see UCI number when you link the account with Gckey. I didn't send IMM 5768 again as it was already included with my application.

ashbak

May 16, 2019
Hi Everyone,

We recently received the medical, biometric and PCC request for our parents. We received the AOR on Oct 2023. Due to unexpected family emergency (my husband's grandmother is seriously ill), we need to postpone all these 3. They have given us 30 days to submit all these. My questions:

1. Has anyone requested a delay for medical, biometric and PCC? If yes, did you use webforms and which one?
2. What are the current timelines by CIC from e-COPR to landing in Canada? Our parents are not in Canada.

Thanks for your inputs in advance :)

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Sorry reposting this in the 2023 forum in case any members have experience or can provide some advice

1)My dad had a first wife that passed away. The checklist mentions that we must upload a death certificate. We are thinking of obtaining the certificate from from the hospital that she passed away in. Would that work? Or would we need an official govt certificate?

2) the checklist also mentions “if the principle applicant was previously married”
a) provide given/family names of previous spouse
b) the length of time they were together.

does this answer information have to be provided in word doc and then uploaded? Or is it sufficient that’s it’s captured already in the generic application form?
Any thoughts?

Baby 2

Jun 10, 2024
Hi everyone
If you don’t have birth certificate what I have some description on my BC and all another document need to proof your relatinho ship to your principal applicants (Dad) I will provid oci old passport pan card. And matriculation certificate

Last edited:

Imroz

Oct 16, 2017
Hi can any one reply
if you don't have a birth certificate then you can provide all these documents - your school/college certificate, Old Passport, and OCI in which your dad's name is mentioned and you also have to write an explanation letter for not attaching the birth certificate

Reactions: YVR123

neelesh.baldi

Jul 29, 2019
HI,
I received email from asking me to provide IMM5768E Financial Evaluation for Parents Grandparents Sponsorship from the email id CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC.
I have already provided this document when I got the invitation letter last year in Nov 2023, I do not understand why they are asking me to submit the form again.
The letter from CIC do not mention or say anything about anything missing in IMM5768E.

What it says
" Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to
sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
To facilitate processing, you may send the requested information/document(s) via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
** Please include “PGP-Sponsorship” in the subject line of the email **

"

I also do not understand which email CIC is mentioning about to respond since no email id has been provided so the only option is to upload the form on this URL
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Anyone come across with such scenario.

capok

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
09-12-2014
Med's Request
24-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVE
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
LANDED..........
JULY END-MID AUG
In my AOR, I don't have UCI number but you will see UCI number when you link the account with Gckey. I didn't send IMM 5768 again as it was already included with my application.
I tried to link my account with Gckey but I couldn’t do . Can someone help.

Thanks

Baby 2

Jun 10, 2024
if you don't have a birth certificate then you can provide all these documents - your school/college certificate, Old Passport, and OCI in which your dad's name is mentioned and you also have to write an explanation letter for not attaching the birth certificate
Thank you

DaVeer

Jul 26, 2017
Hi Guys, I have a question, I just submitted my application for parents and now I am reading that all the pages for passport were supposed to be sent. I only sent the bio pages, now my question is:
1. Is there a way to rectify this, when I just submitted my application?
2. Did anyone else that made same mistake (if anyone did) get their application returned?

pg23

Dec 7, 2023
Hi Guys, I have a question, I just submitted my application for parents and now I am reading that all the pages for passport were supposed to be sent. I only sent the bio pages, now my question is:
1. Is there a way to rectify this, when I just submitted my application?
2. Did anyone else that made same mistake (if anyone did) get their application returned?
Hi
You cannot edit the application to make any additons after submission.
I think you dont have be really concerned with this. I had not included all blank pages in my application. I received AOR, Biometrics request etc also later in the process. If they require they would ask for it I guess.
If there were immigration stamps for travels, it should be included though.

Reactions: DaVeer

ganesh2583

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Hi all,

We have received Biometrics request letter couple of weeks ago, today we got another request for RCMP Criminal Record Check and Fingerprints and they said instructions for these will be provided seperately. Did anyone face this before? What is RCMP Criminal Record Check?