+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

homroy

Nov 5, 2023
Hello friends, I have applied PGP for my parents on December 7th, 2023. When I linked my docs it is showing the status below. Any idea what is going on? Please note my parents already had Biometrics and Medical done(2023 September) for supervisa. Does that mean they no need to undergo with Medical test? Also, any idea about the next steps?

Review of eligibility -
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results -
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents -
  • Not applicable.
Interview -
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics -
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check -
  • Not applicable.
Final decision -
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

malwai3x

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
17-10-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Hello friend, congratulations. I also got a letter asking for passports. I have one question if you can help please - The letter is addresses to my mother who is primary applicant and my dad is accompanying dependent. When I am applying on VFS website for passport submission appointment in Jalandhar VAC, it is asking to upload the first page of passport request letter for both applicants. Should I upload the same letter even if it is not addressed to my dad and his name is not mentioned anywhere in that letter. However, this is what is mentioned in the letter:

a. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.

Do we get one passport request letter for multiple applicants or separate? Thanks a lot for the help.
Could someone who has submitted their passports in India answer please?

capok

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
09-12-2014
Med's Request
24-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVE
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
LANDED..........
JULY END-MID AUG
I received AOR and in AOR it is mentioned to submit IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation form "if not included with the application". I have submitted IMM 5768 form with the application. Do I need to resubmit the form?
I received AOR and in AOR it is mentioned to submit IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation form "if not included with the application". I have submitted IMM 5768 form with the application. Do I need to resubmit the form?

I received my AOR but does not have UCI on that just application no is that normal? That had the same message like submit imm 5768 if no it included with the application.

I did include IMM 5768 with application.

Skcanada2011

Jun 9, 2024
My husband applied for Parent PR. it is in process until medical done for both of them but recently the principle applicant deceased so what are the next steps…
1. To inform embassy
2. Can we apply for visitor visa or super visa for mother as we don’t want her live alone in India.
Please advise

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
Hello friends, I have applied PGP for my parents on December 7th, 2023. When I linked my docs it is showing the status below. Any idea what is going on? Please note my parents already had Biometrics and Medical done(2023 September) for supervisa. Does that mean they no need to undergo with Medical test? Also, any idea about the next steps?

Review of eligibility -
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results -
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents -
  • Not applicable.
Interview -
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics -
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check -
  • Not applicable.
Final decision -
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
The above is a generic status update. However, you will still require to undergo medicals and Biometrics for PR. Thanks

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
I received my AOR but does not have UCI on that just application no is that normal? That had the same message like submit imm 5768 if no it included with the application.

I did include IMM 5768 with application.
I had the same situation. The AOR didn't have the UCI. However, subsequent correspondence like biometric letter and sponsor eligibility letter all have UCIs on them.

Reactions: GNPLC

chinmay16

Jun 9, 2024
Could someone who has submitted their passports in India answer please?
Hi,
i had the same question. I also uploaded same letter in VFS portal for passort pick n drop. But i got 2 different email for both the parents.
As per VFS- each applicant should have to prepare 1 package and give passport n other docs.
whereas IRCC letter - says only 1 package to be sent with letter and passport?

what the way forward- 1 pack or 2 different pack for parents ?

capok

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
09-12-2014
Med's Request
24-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVE
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
LANDED..........
JULY END-MID AUG
I had the same situation. The AOR didn't have the UCI. However, subsequent correspondence like biometric letter and sponsor eligibility letter all have UCIs on them.
Oklooks like that is normal.

Thanks for confirming.

Reactions: ali.tariq

tulip07

Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Update on this - we received a mail with another request to complete a document. I'm using a representative so they requested to have the IMM5476E document completed and sent.
Hi Nav Singh, Are you able to see the status of application online, I am not able to see any application status online. i have tried searching both as an applicant or as an sponsor. I still do not see the status online. Last communication I had with CIC was when they wanted me to submit the new passport of my parent, and I did that. No response since that time??

tulip07

Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
May I please ask what information did you use to link the application? I have tried many times but haven't been successful.
Hi Folks, Are you able to see the status of application online, I am not able to see any application status online. i have tried searching both as an applicant or as an sponsor. I still do not see the status online. Last communication I had with CIC was when they wanted me to submit the new passport of my parent, and I did that. No response since that time??

tulip07

Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Category........
FAM

Re.
Hi , Are you able to see the status of application online, I am not able to see any application status online. i have tried searching both as an applicant or as an sponsor. I still do not see the status online. Last communication I had with CIC was when they wanted me to submit the new passport of my parent, and I did that. No response since that time??