+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Random_09

May 30, 2024
I applied for my mother's PGP in December and got a letter to resubmit two forms and I did not put complete information in them.

IMM 5406 and IMM 5669

I resubmitted the forms and other documentation but did not include other information such as the date of births of my mother's siblings (she does not remember them). I also did not include a letter as to why I cannot provide that information.

I received a letter today that her application is rejected and returned.

I want to know if there is anyway I can have her application reconsidered?

All help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

UrbanNomad

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Was fortunate to be part of the 2023 draw. Sent documentation in November 2023. Got a request for Proof of relationship & 5406 in March. Nothing after those were submitted … till this week.

Last 48 hours we have received AOR, requests for Biometrics, Medical, PCC. Today received CPCM / CTDM - OVS SPR Eligibility Decision Letter.

Question i have: once biometrics, PCC & Medical are done, is there anything else pending for final decision - like further eligibility etc. Or will this be it?

and any idea what does CPCM / CTDM stand for?

Angliu

Dec 4, 2023
Hello, I applied on Oct 19, 2023 and received AOR on Mar 5, 2024. After that no update at all… 3 months’ complete silence… getting worried. Anyone having similar situation? No update after AOR? Thanks.

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Hello, I applied on Oct 19, 2023 and received AOR on Mar 5, 2024. After that no update at all… 3 months’ complete silence… getting worried. Anyone having similar situation? No update after AOR? Thanks.
try linking your GC key . I got biometrics the day after i linked my app

Reactions: punjabiguy

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Hey folks,

I'm just wondering if anyone who submitted the application in November last year still waiting for AOR ? Mine was submitted on Nov 22 but I'm still waiting for AOR

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
I see the 2024 pgp is reaching out to anyone that sumbitted an interest to pgp sponser in 2020

my question is, how do i sunbit an interest to sponser? I’ve been waiting since 2021

Slugo

May 30, 2024
Hey folks,

I'm just wondering if anyone who submitted the application in November last year still waiting for AOR ? Mine was submitted on Nov 22 but I'm still waiting for AOR
[/QUOT
We applied November 2022 too and the last response we got was in January 2024. Nothing since but here is our timeline:
Thank you for sharing your update. Our timeline is similar to yours but we haven't been hearing anything back. Should we be concerned about the fact that we were told we didn't pay our applications fees in full (when if fact we did, we have a CIC receipt for that plus we paid the difference that was claimed to be owed)? Any thoughts?
Oct-2022 Invitation to apply
Nov-2022 We submitted our application
Nov-2022 Application Submitted
Dec-2022 Request for Medical & Police Report (with a 30 day timeline)
Jan 2023 Confirmation that all documents were received
April 2023 Biometrics Request was received
May 2023 Approval Letter that we have met the requirements
January 2024 Police Report and Medical submitted
January 2024 Letter received stating that our Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) was not paid in full and the application process cannot be completed (NOTE: our fees were paid in full and our receipt to prove it was also submitted so not sure what happened but we still submitted the monies requested by the London office. We are hoping that at the end of the process when the mistake is realized we will be fully refunded)

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Congratulation.

I would not send the PCC with the initial application for the same reason you've stated. AT least wait till you get your first communication from them, which for your batch most likely wont happen until after August when the form submission deadline is reached.

When they get in touch with you the first time with AOR, or additional document request link you application to the GCKey and start sending documents upfront if you have any.

PCC, medicals, etc. are time sensitive, you don't want to waste their validity while you're waiting to hear from IRCC.

The only exception to this is if you have already obtained the PCC for other reasons, otherwise dont spend time or effort on it now. Focus on the forms, its very intensive, make sure you fill it right, make no mistakes and provide all of the details and documents. Good luck.
When the PCC is of a country that the person doesn't intend to travel to again is it still time sensitive?

Slugo

May 30, 2024
I was able to link on Jan 29, a month before getting AOR on Mar 5. Then complete silence till now. Not sure what’s going on.
Linking isn't working for us. Did you follow the exact steps the gave or did you had to do something slightly different?

Slugo

May 30, 2024
Question about co-signer
Hi All

I got the invite yesterday for the 2024 PGP category and I have a question about the co-signer.
when I filled the interest to sponsor form in 2020, i added my wife as a co-signer. but she not working any more now from the last one year.
My income alone is sufficient enough to meet the income requirements for 2023, 2022, 2021. So when i submit the application is it ok, if i can just be a single sponsor without my wife since in any case her income last year was nil so it wont make any difference. Please suggest,

regards
K
The answer is yes. When we applied my partner and I co-sponsored but the process allows for a single sponsor providing you qualify the income requirements for the three years. Best of luck!

Slugo

May 30, 2024
On the Brightside, the letter contains the Application number. However I tried linking to the GCKey, but it cant find the record for my application. Did anyone else have this issue?
We're having the same issue, the information used is correct but linking doesn't seem to be working

Rockstar999

May 29, 2024
Hi Folks,
I am the sponsor for my parents. I am working on getting the forms filled out and submit the application in next couple. Of weeks.
I am moving to a new house after 2 months. How could I being a sponsor update the sponsors new address in the application afterwards? Please advise.
Help is much appreciated.
RS