Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
On the Brightside, the letter contains the Application number. However I tried linking to the GCKey, but it cant find the record for my application. Did anyone else have this issue?
hi - can anyone help with this please

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Thanks Ali.

Can you share your timeline. What is the next step after AOR
Here is my timelines.
Submitted: Nov 17, 2023.
AOR: May 2nd, 2024.
Biometric letter: May 15, 2024.
Sponsor eligibility letter & transfer of file to Vancouver office : May 16,2024
Biometric completed: May 17, 2024.
Nothing since then.

Reactions: uma057

manu1

Oct 2, 2019
Hello guys, if any of you guys are able to answer this for me. . I just received an invitation from IRCC for the parents and grandparents program. I want to apply to sponsor my dad who lives in the US. He has been living in the US for a long time. his attemps at getting US green card has not been successful and he has been in an out of a work authorization which is currently expired, he has applied to renew not knowing if its going to be renewed. he pretty much has no immigration status right now. Am i still able to complete his sponsorship application to Canada while he lives in the US without a status. or will that cause more headaches down the line.

I look forward to hearing from anyone. Thanks..

paladina

Aug 1, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I submitted an application for parents on December 22nd 2023. I have the payment receipt, but other than that - its been radio silence.

This is the portal I used to log in:
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

But it is just a spinning wheel with no page being loaded.

I have no email from them confirming submission, or anything else. Did you all receive any auto confirmation when you submitted the documents? Should I be worried or doing anything differently other than just waiting?

pgp20231016

Oct 16, 2023
Hello guys, if any of you guys are able to answer this for me. . I just received an invitation from IRCC for the parents and grandparents program. I want to apply to sponsor my dad who lives in the US. He has been living in the US for a long time. his attemps at getting US green card has not been successful and he has been in an out of a work authorization which is currently expired, he has applied to renew not knowing if its going to be renewed. he pretty much has no immigration status right now. Am i still able to complete his sponsorship application to Canada while he lives in the US without a status. or will that cause more headaches down the line.
Issue will be with US immigration not with Canada i think as they do information sharing between countries

pgp20231016

Oct 16, 2023

Issue will be with US immigration as they will know about it and not sure how can you get PCC from US so its very difficult situation you are in and for sure it creates more headaches

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Congratulation.

I would not send the PCC with the initial application for the same reason you've stated. AT least wait till you get your first communication from them, which for your batch most likely wont happen until after August when the form submission deadline is reached.

When they get in touch with you the first time with AOR, or additional document request link you application to the GCKey and start sending documents upfront if you have any.

PCC, medicals, etc. are time sensitive, you don't want to waste their validity while you're waiting to hear from IRCC.

The only exception to this is if you have already obtained the PCC for other reasons, otherwise dont spend time or effort on it now. Focus on the forms, its very intensive, make sure you fill it right, make no mistakes and provide all of the details and documents. Good luck.
Thank you so much @Shankar Iyer , appreciate your time for the response, i will wait as you have suggested. Just focusing on the form filling for now :)

Reactions: Shankar Iyer

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
hi - can anyone help with this please
The last question that was asked when linking application to GCKey about how many people are in the application could be confusing.

Just to be sure you are entering the correct number of people in the application correctly; assuming you (sponsor) and your spouse (co-sponsor) are sponsoring your dad (primary applicant) and mom (dependent) with no dependent children. Therefore, the number of people in the application will be 4.
Make sure this field is correct, Good luck!

Reactions: chotu123

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
The last question that was asked when linking application to GCKey about how many people are in the application could be confusing.

Just to be sure you are entering the correct number of people in the application correctly; assuming you (sponsor) and your spouse (co-sponsor) are sponsoring your dad (primary applicant) and mom (dependent) with no dependent children. Therefore, the number of people in the application will be 4.
Make sure this field is correct, Good luck!
thanks , i'll try again. @ali.tariq please note

Reactions: ali.tariq

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
Question about co-signer
Hi All

I got the invite yesterday for the 2024 PGP category and I have a question about the co-signer.
when I filled the interest to sponsor form in 2020, i added my wife as a co-signer. but she not working any more now from the last one year.
My income alone is sufficient enough to meet the income requirements for 2023, 2022, 2021. So when i submit the application is it ok, if i can just be a single sponsor without my wife since in any case her income last year was nil so it wont make any difference. Please suggest,

regards
K

Rockstar999

May 29, 2024
Congratulations on getting the most awaited invitation and wishing you all the best with your application. In regards to your questions:

1. I would suggest your father to register in the portal with his email address and submit the application accordingly.
2. You may use a compatible pdf editor to extract the page with the bar code or can print the whole document and scan the barcode page only if you don't have access to a pdf editor.
3. Yes, this would be the letter that you received.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
I appreciate your feedback. Now it is clear to me. It helps a lot for me. You Rock !!

Reactions: SHSajib

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
I had the same problem i phoned IRCC and the agent helped me link my application. Call them.
finally was able to link. the difference was that i was putting number of applicants plus family members as 2 before. It was actually 3 - my parents plus me

The issue is that i only see details for my father who is principal application. he doesnt require biometrics and it says so on his profile. However my mother would, but there is no separate profile for my mothers. Just shows UCI when i click on dependants..

Reactions: Solarmanng