+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Nikhil shah

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Just posted this in the PGP 2024 thread but got no response in a couple days so trying here for anyone that's been through the process:

So something weird happened today (August 13th). My parents received an email from IRCC saying "we've updated your application". I login to the IRCC portal, both of my parents super visa applications have been updated with "Your eligibility has been reviewed" for today's date. (Their super visas were approved last september, in fact, my dad's super visa has already expired as his passport only had 7 months of validity left so that's what his super visa was approved for). Just for clarification, I submitted the PGP application on July 15th.

In the "Details about application status" section for both Super Visas I see:

Review of eligibility
  • August 13, 2024 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.

Does this mean that something is going on with the PGP application? In the PR portal, the PGP application status is still "submitted". Just weird that they're long approved super visa applications received a random update. Anyone else seen this by any chance?

I'm hoping that it means they're reviewing my application and just confirming the super visa application was legit but no idea.
your PR portal will not updated once you submitted the file. You have to link your application to GCKEY account. you need to create GCKEY account to view updates and messages regarding your PGP. one problem everyone faces while linking is how many family number to add. so if you have sponsored your parents and you are the only one that sponsor them then total will be 3. if your wife is co signer it will be 4. do not add any children.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your PR portal will not updated once you submitted the file. You have to link your application to GCKEY account. you need to create GCKEY account to view updates and messages regarding your PGP. one problem everyone faces while linking is how many family number to add. so if you have sponsored your parents and you are the only one that sponsor them then total will be 3. if your wife is co signer it will be 4. do not add any children.
Thanks, I've tried 3 and 4...didn't work unfortunately and I know the rest of the information is correct. How long before your actually able to link the application?

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Did you submit your PCC through the email provided or through your GCKEY account? I provided PCC through email and GCKEY account on July 18th and haven't gotten a reply since.
After submission of the PCC did you get an email acknowledgement or after uploading did any status change on GC key account?

Nov 21, 2017
I am wondering if anyone is in the same situation. I submitted PGP 2023 form for my mom (single) on Dec 18, 2023 and received request for extensive additional documents on April 4th 2024 from CPC Mississuaga (proof of relationship and bunch of other documents such as passport which were all submitted in the original application) and then I submitted it all back on April 5th 2024, but after that I have received no communication at all. No AOR, No Biometric or Medical request. Nothing. Just radio silence. Phone call with IRCC was not helpful either as they said its well within 24 months, so nothing much they can do. For information, I live in Vancouver and her application indicated Vancouver as intended city but I have not get any information about change in processing center to Vancouver from MIssissauga, so I cant say if its transferred.

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Thanks, I've tried 3 and 4...didn't work unfortunately and I know the rest of the information is correct. How long before your actually able to link the application?
I believe you submitted your application this year. If this is the case, I doubt if you will be able link the application now because IRCC haven’t started processing it yet.
Generally, you should be able to link the application once you receive AOR which comes with an Application number. Good luck!

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
I am wondering if anyone is in the same situation. I submitted PGP 2023 form for my mom (single) on Dec 18, 2023 and received request for extensive additional documents on April 4th 2024 from CPC Mississuaga (proof of relationship and bunch of other documents such as passport which were all submitted in the original application) and then I submitted it all back on April 5th 2024, but after that I have received no communication at all. No AOR, No Biometric or Medical request. Nothing. Just radio silence. Phone call with IRCC was not helpful either as they said its well within 24 months, so nothing much they can do. For information, I live in Vancouver and her application indicated Vancouver as intended city but I have not get any information about change in processing center to Vancouver from MIssissauga, so I cant say if its transferred.
I believe you will be receiving updates in couple of days with the way things are moving now.
Have you tried linking your application to GCKey account?

Nikhil shah

Star Member
May 4, 2016
it took me while to link. if you are 2024 applicant, i guess it will take time. keep trying once every week to see. also if you cannot link no need to worry all communication will be in email.

Ami091

May 17, 2017
Hey guys
We renewed my moms passport. She is in India. Her application is at decision made July 19,2024 but there has been no further information. No portal emails orPPR. Should we update her passport through webform?

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe you submitted your application this year. If this is the case, I doubt if you will be able link the application now because IRCC haven’t started processing it yet.
Generally, you should be able to link the application once you receive AOR which comes with an Application number. Good luck!
Thanks that clears things up for me. Feel a lot better. Appreciate it

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it took me while to link. if you are 2024 applicant, i guess it will take time. keep trying once every week to see. also if you cannot link no need to worry all communication will be in email.
Appreciate it..that makes a lot of sense..thanks

feliznavidad

Dec 24, 2021
I was in the same situation until a few weeks ago. No communication at all from IRCC from Oct 2023 to July 2024. But then last few weeks everything has been moving rapidly. It's just dumb luck honestly, whose application gets picked up for review and whose doesn't. If you haven't already, please reach out to your local MP and they will send a request to IRCC to get a status update. Not sure it does anything to speed things up, but IRCC is obliged to respond to the MP's office within 10 days or so.

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Hey guys
We renewed my moms passport. She is in India. Her application is at decision made July 19,2024 but there has been no further information. No portal emails orPPR. Should we update her passport through webform?
Absolutely, you need to submit the new passport via webform. Well done! You’re almost at the finish line. Good luck!