+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

pg23

Star Member
Dec 7, 2023
Recieved PPR letter - Date July 12 2024
Just received new message titled information letter on portal and its PPR, however application status has not changed and still says application in progress with final decision date

Final decision - July 9, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi
You dont have to worry. Status will be pending approval untill PP is stamped or you complete virtual landing if you are inland.
Eligibility, background completed and approved will be updated together

Reactions: inder009

sharmausct

Jun 24, 2013
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)
Hello All,

I need help with some of the forms. Please advise.

A. Generic Application Form(IMM 0008)

1. Current country of residence- It has 3 fields- Country, Status, From and To dates

My mother is in Canada at present and she came on a Super visa recently. I am confused about the following.

Is the status Visitor for Super Visa as well?

To date: what should I put there?
As she is still here should I put today's date
or the date when she will leave Canada(5 years max stay possible)
or the date of expiry of her super visa?

From date: what should I put there?
Date when she got the Super visa
or the date she came to Canada.

2. Previous country of residence: It has 4 fields- Country, Immigration Status, Start date of immigration status, End date of immigration status

Before coming to Canada, my mother was in the USA(first on a visitor visa, and then she got a green card). I am confused about the following.

For the Period when she lived in the USA as a Green card holder
End date of immigration status: what should I put there?
The date when she left the USA
or the date when her green card expires??
Start date of immigration status: what should I put there?
The date when she got the Green card??

For the Period when she lived in the USA on a Visitor Visa(Her status changed from Visitor to Green card while she was in the USA)
End date of immigration status: what should I put there?
The date when she reached the USA
or the date when she was given the visitor visa??

3. National Identity Documents: Expiry Filed

India has the Adhar card, which does not have an expiry. But the expiry date filed can not be left blank. What should I put there?

B. Digital Photo:

Do I need to upload a digital photo or a scan of the physical photo?

Instructions given are as follows:
a scanned professional photo (don’t take a picture of a paper photo with your digital camera or phone).

If I upload a digital photo then
Should I also attach a sepretate paper for the photographer's address, date, name, and date of birth confirmation?

If I upload a scanned photo then
Should I also scan the back of the photo with the photographer's address, date, name, and date of birth confirmation?

C. Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship (IMM 5768)

1. Signature- The instruction says to electronically sign and date the statement to give IRCC consent to collect your SIN to ask for your income tax information. However, the original form can not be signed electronically. What should I do?

Print to pdf the original form and then sign electronically using the Adobe signature tool.
or Take a print of the original form, sign by hand, and then scan and upload the form?

D. Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)

Co-Signer Personal Details- telephone number: Can I leave it blank?

This form has some bugs in it. If I enter Candian phone number and then validate, it works fine. But if I reopen the form it it gives an error and validation goes away. The only way to save this form without error is to leave the phone number field blank. Not sure if the phone number filed is a required field but I can still validate the form without entering the phone.

E. Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)
Signature: Instructions say"Sign it electronically and get your immigration representative to do so also"

In the form, I can do 2 things to do the electronic signature. Which one should I do?
Type the full names in the Signature
or Use the Adobe signature tool and draw the actual signature and use that?

Solarmanng

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Hello All,

I need help with some of the forms. Please advise.

A. Generic Application Form(IMM 0008)

1. Current country of residence- It has 3 fields- Country, Status, From and To dates

My mother is in Canada at present and she came on a Super visa recently. I am confused about the following.

Is the status Visitor for Super Visa as well? Status is VISITOR

To date:
what should I put there? I will suggest expiry date of her visa since that's the day her visitor status ends.
As she is still here should I put today's date
or the date when she will leave Canada(5 years max stay possible)
or the date of expiry of her super visa?

From date: what should I put there? Date she arrived Canada
Date when she got the Super visa
or the date she came to Canada.

2. Previous country of residence: It has 4 fields- Country, Immigration Status, Start date of immigration status, End date of immigration status

Before coming to Canada, my mother was in the USA(first on a visitor visa, and then she got a green card). I am confused about the following.

For the Period when she lived in the USA as a Green card holder
End date of immigration status: what should I put there? Date she left the US
The date when she left the USA
or the date when her green card expires??
The date when she got the Green card?? Date she got the Green since she got it while still living in US

For the Period when she lived in the USA on a Visitor Visa(Her status changed from Visitor to Green card while she was in the USA)
End date of immigration status: what should I put there? Date she got Green card (since her status changed from visitor to resident.
Start date of immigration status: what should I put there? Date she arrived US on a visitor visa
The date when she reached the USA
or the date when she was given the visitor visa??

3. National Identity Documents: Expiry Filed

India has the Adhar card, which does not have an expiry. But the expiry date filed can not be left blank. What should I put there? Not sure about this

B. Digital Photo: Scan the passport photograph front and back and upload

Do I need to upload a digital photo or a scan of the physical photo? YES

Instructions given are as follows:
a scanned professional photo (don’t take a picture of a paper photo with your digital camera or phone).

If I upload a digital photo then
Should I also attach a sepretate paper for the photographer's address, date, name, and date of birth confirmation? NO

If I upload a scanned photo then

Should I also scan the back of the photo with the photographer's address, date, name, and date of birth confirmation? YES

C.
Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship (IMM 5768)

Print to pdf the original form and then sign electronically using the Adobe signature tool.

1. Signature- The instruction says to electronically sign and date the statement to give IRCC consent to collect your SIN to ask for your income tax information. However, the original form can not be signed electronically. What should I do?

Print to pdf the original form and then sign electronically using the Adobe signature tool. YES
or Take a print of the original form, sign by hand, and then scan and upload the form?

D. Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)

Co-Signer Personal Details- telephone number: Can I leave it blank? Validation of the form takes priority to having Co-signer phone number. If having that phone number there doesn't allow form validation, I will suggest you leave it blank.

This form has some bugs in it. If I enter Candian phone number and then validate, it works fine. But if I reopen the form it it gives an error and validation goes away. The only way to save this form without error is to leave the phone number field blank. Not sure if the phone number filed is a required field but I can still validate the form without entering the phone.

E. Use of a Representative (IMM 5476). Use the Adobe signature tool and draw the actual signature
Signature: Instructions say"Sign it electronically and get your immigration representative to do so also"

In the form, I can do 2 things to do the electronic signature. Which one should I do?
Type the full names in the Signature
or Use the Adobe signature tool and draw the actual signature and use that?

See my comments in RED within your questions, good luck!

rajesh7

Jul 14, 2024
Nov 2023 applicant . Parents are in India . Got PPR letter from CIC Mississauga . The PPR doesn’t have any Appendix A form ( height , eye color , etc info form ) but the VAC Website instruction says to submit it . Anyone suggest pls

inder009

Jun 9, 2014
Canada
Nov 2023 applicant . Parents are in India . Got PPR letter from CIC Mississauga . The PPR doesn’t have any Appendix A form ( height , eye color , etc info form ) but the VAC Website instruction says to submit it . Anyone suggest pls
My parents submitted passport today in Chandigarh, they didn’t submitted this appendix at VFS and VFS didn’t ask for this. Just submit all documents as instructed in PPR letter

Mar 22, 2024
Vietnam
Recieved PPR letter - Date July 12 2024
Just received new message titled information letter on portal and its PPR, however application status has not changed and still says application in progress with final decision date

Final decision - July 9, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Good for you, you will receive a passport request very soon, within 2 weeks.

Dynamite007

Jun 25, 2024
Here is my timeline:

App submitted: Dec 14 2023

Biometrics & AOR: June 18 2024

Sponsor Eligibility letter: June 24 2024 (file transferred to Vancouver for processing)

Medical request and pre arrreceived on GC Key portal: July 9 2024

But PCC not received yet.

Can you share yours.

Thanks
here is my timeline for my mom, she is currently in Canada with me on a visitor record
Got invited OCT 13TH 2023
Applied Nov 10th 2023
AOR June 13th 2024
biometrics req June 14th 2024
Met requirements for eligibility as a sponsor June 24 2024 and transferred to Montreal immigration (does anyone know who also has this office for processing and has been approved)
linked to her GCKEY ACCOUNT June 24
I am her representative(I am an RCIC) and submitted via my APR portal.
I also have not been able to check the ECAS status as of now as well
pre arrival on GC Key portal: July 6 2024
Medical request July 8th
Medicals done July 11th/15th

Imroz

Oct 16, 2017
Hi
Does anyone know what to fill in Family Name on the Imm5406 form if someone doesn't have a family name on their passport?

mike2611

Aug 10, 2018
Hello,

My parents were in Canada for 8 months on Super visa and hence they need a Criminal Record Check done from Canada. Can someone guide me through process on how to do it when they are outside Canada? They are now in India. Thanks in Advance

maniayyappan

Mar 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
AOR Received.
02-October-2014
Med's Request
02-April-2015
Med's Done....
14-April-2015 for self and 12-July-2015 for wife due to pregnancy
Passport Req..
14-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-July-2015
LANDED..........
12-August-2015, PR Cards Received on 01 Oct 2015
I have received notification from IRCC. I didnot include my wife as co-signer for sponsoring my parents because I have met myself the income requirement. But I received a letter mentioning "Potential Co-signer/Clarification of Principal Applicant and Dependant: It appears that you may be using a Co-signer on the application. A Co-signer can be a spouse or common-law partner of the Sponsor. Please provide a written explanation as to whether or not you are using a Co-signer." I checked the original application and still wondering what might have caused this understanding. Is it expected to use co-signer for parent/grandparents sponsorship ?

sai_murthy

Aug 2, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CCP-O
App. Filed.......
05-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-10.2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Interview........
Waivied
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
Hi
Does anyone know what to fill in Family Name on the Imm5406 form if someone doesn't have a family name on their passport?
Check the guide on Page 52 and 61 :

If you don’t know a family member’s complete date of birth, use “01” inplace of the day, month or year you don’t know. Include a letter ofexplanation saying why you couldn’t include the complete date.

If you don’t have a family name on your passport or travel document,enter all given names in the family name field and leave the given nameblank.

If you don’t have a given name on your passport or travel document,leave the given name field blank.

If the name on your status in Canada document (citizenship certificate,permanent resident card, etc.) is different than on your othersupporting documents (for example, your birth certificate), you shouldattach a proof of name change and a letter of explanation.

Reactions: Imroz and YVR123