+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am sponsoring both my parents and my sister (she is under 22) as a dependant child. I just received medical request for my father and mother but not for my sister. Why would this be? Does she not need to do her medical exam? Anyone else sponsoring a dependent child and had the same issue?
She needs to do her medical exam. If she's included in the application this may be a mistake on the IRCC side.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hey everyone, looking for some insight or guidance for my application. I received the PCC request today - my mother has lived in Kenya since 1988~ and the letter is requiring us to send the PCC from Kenya and India. I'm not sure what the process is to request the PCC from India as the address she lived at is no longer known to us. Any insight on how I can obtain the PCC from there?
You will have to get it done through BLS.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
We just got a notification for medicals, but I have a question, she is here in Canada. how come they are asking her to do medicals when IRCC has suspended medicals for inland Canada applicants?
They don't suspend medicals any longer. Plus IRCC can choose to ask for new medical.

Reactions: Dynamite007

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You cannot sponsor a dependant brother or sister unless they are orphan! His parents are alive!
AGAIN, member asking this question is NOT trying to sponsor his sister.
He is asking about medical exam of a dependent of his parents. (under 22 years old and assuming single)

This is commonly done for PGP.

And his parents are being sponsor by this member. Please understand the saturation before you post a response/answer.

navsingh01

Aug 1, 2014

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
AGAIN, member asking this question is NOT trying to sponsor his sister.
He is asking about medical exam of a dependent of his parents. (under 22 years old and assuming single)

This is commonly done for PGP.

And his parents are being sponsor by this member. Please understand the saturation before you post a response/answer.
You replied to my response to him which is why i responded to you.
Please refrain from giving wrong advice if you do not understand the situation in the first place.
He has not got a medical request for his sister because she is not eligible to be sponsored!

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Thanks! Got a date in my province but it's not till next month, the date stated on the IRCC letter is 8/7/2024 and that's the appointment date. Will try to get everything done online and go to their office to see if they'll accept the documents sooner. Did you also get the request for PCC??
That's great! Just medical and biometric requests so far. No PCC request.

faaarii

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
I am sponsoring both my parents and my sister (she is under 22) as a dependant child. I just received medical request for my father and mother but not for my sister. Why would this be? Does she not need to do her medical exam? Anyone else sponsoring a dependent child and had the same issue?
You will need to wait fro her medical letter. Sometimes it takes time to generate the letters for all the members in the application.
Also ignore the comments that says you can not sponsor sister.
Since it is a PGP application that allows you to sponsor your parents and grand parents AND IF THEY HAVE KIDS UNDER 22, they are eligible to apply for their dependent kids at the same time as of PGP application.
Rest sponsoring a sibling ALONE is a separate thing and have rules BUT this does not apply here.
so just wait.

Reactions: BQ921 and YVR123

IMMAYANK

Jul 9, 2024
Hi, For my parents PR application, additional documents were requested in March and I provided those via email within a week. Later in May, I received a letter that my application was rejected because I didn't reply to them. I reached out to them via IRCC webform and then they said we returned all documents so if you want to re-apply mail all your documents again and then we can link them to your online account. Now they did not provide any mailing address. So not sure where they want me to mail all documents ?

punjabiguy

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
***Anybody plz help... if cic ask to provide current mailing address info and how we can update on gc key....need info plz help**

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
I have a question, anyone from Quebec got the final decision? base on the processing time we have to wait 48 months. Is it correct base on the latest update for Quebec application?