+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

indbangalore

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I got the letter to resubmit IMM 5406 , provide resume and proof of relationship of my parents last month. Which I sent within 2 weeks. The application number on the letter start with XF , I tried to link with my gc key account but system was unable to find the application to attach. My question is is gc key account should be the same with principal applicant email address to link application or I ( son of applicant) can use my own account to link application. Please advise, thanks.

my second question is for IMM 5406 form submitted, initially I submit the additional request form without names in native language along with other documents as it was not mentioned in the letter to write in native language. But it was a requirement on the form itself to write in native language so I send the form again in the email with hand written native language names, mentioning the reason and reference to my previous email submitted without native languages. Just wondering if there can be any issues with my resubmission of forms, they were submitted within 30 day’s time.

My timeline
Invitation to apply received in October 2023
Applied November 11th 2023
Additional information request June 6th 2024
Additional information submitted June 24
I received the same too. It was by post. My application number starts with XF too and we were not able to link the application in GCkey.
Some one here said that XF is a temporary application number and we have to wait for AOR

Since you have sent the names written in Native language with the application number, you dont have to worry. I think you might have already mentioned in your second email about the first email.
So shouldnt be a problem.
Send a webform asking if they have received

Reactions: salman9f

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Dear All,
I have a situation and need some help. My Mother in law has been here in Canada on Supervisa since Feb 2022, Since she came before this new rule that allowed 5 years of stay, so we had to apply for an extension n Dec 2023. We also applied for her PR applicaton in Dec 2023. Her Passport Expires in June 2026. Based on this situation please respond to below questions.

1. Can my Mother in law apply for supervisa extension for second time ? She already applied once. And it expires on Dec 2, 2024, Is there any reason why we should not apply for extension ?
2. If we renew the passport here in Canada. will the supervisa expire along with the old passport cancellation.
3. We plan on renewing the passport here in Canada. As in India she doesn’t have any address and will face complications for renewal.
4. Our plan is to keep her here until PR is approved. Then she if free to travel.
Firstly, What is the the status of her PR application? Have you seen any updates? If you submitted in Dec 2023, there is a good chance her PR will come through by Dec 2024.
I am a Dec 2023 submission too and have currently received biometric, medical and PCC requests in the last few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhilashg

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
I got the letter to resubmit IMM 5406 , provide resume and proof of relationship of my parents last month. Which I sent within 2 weeks. The application number on the letter start with XF , I tried to link with my gc key account but system was unable to find the application to attach. My question is is gc key account should be the same with principal applicant email address to link application or I ( son of applicant) can use my own account to link application. Please advise, thanks.

my second question is for IMM 5406 form submitted, initially I submit the additional request form without names in native language along with other documents as it was not mentioned in the letter to write in native language. But it was a requirement on the form itself to write in native language so I send the form again in the email with hand written native language names, mentioning the reason and reference to my previous email submitted without native languages. Just wondering if there can be any issues with my resubmission of forms, they were submitted within 30 day’s time.

My timeline
Invitation to apply received in October 2023
Applied November 11th 2023
Additional information request June 6th 2024
Additional information submitted June 24
We saw our application move two months after the additional docs were received. Try calling them and confirm they have received the additional docs.

Reactions: salman9f

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Dear All,
I have a situation and need some help. My Mother in law has been here in Canada on Supervisa since Feb 2022, Since she came before this new rule that allowed 5 years of stay, so we had to apply for an extension n Dec 2023. We also applied for her PR applicaton in Dec 2023. Her Passport Expires in June 2026. Based on this situation please respond to below questions.

1. Can my Mother in law apply for supervisa extension for second time ? She already applied once. And it expires on Dec 2, 2024, Is there any reason why we should not apply for extension ?
2. If we renew the passport here in Canada. will the supervisa expire along with the old passport cancellation.
3. We plan on renewing the passport here in Canada. As in India she doesn’t have any address and will face complications for renewal.
4. Our plan is to keep her here until PR is approved. Then she if free to travel.
1. "supervisa extension" does not exist. You can apply to extend her stay as visitor.
2. Supervisa is used to travel into Canada. Validity of her supervisa doesn't affect her current legal status.
3. I do not know process of Indian passport renewal.
4. She will need her PR card before she can travel back to Canada. (after getting her eCOPR)

rajaram

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-May-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 3-Jun-2014
AOR Received.
Never
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Never
Med's Request
18-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
27-Sep-2014 for me and kids, 5 Jan 2015 for my wife
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
2-Mar-2015
LANDED..........
14-May-2015
Hello everyone. I picked up CoPR (s) from VSF right now. Wish you all good luck.
My time line is in the tracker.
Can you please share your timelines?

BQ921

Mar 4, 2024
I am sponsoring both my parents and my sister (she is under 22) as a dependant child. I just received medical request for my father and mother but not for my sister. Why would this be? Does she not need to do her medical exam? Anyone else sponsoring a dependent child and had the same issue?

mannkaur08

Dec 3, 2023
Hi,
I submitted my parents application in Dec 2023. I received AOR on June 20, 2024. I have not received anything after that.
Can someone please tell how do I check the status of application? I heard that I need to link my application to GCkey but I am unable to do it.
AOR letter I received has a number at top left that starts with F. Is this my application. number.

Please help!

Tykoon

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
Hi,
I submitted my parents application in Dec 2023. I received AOR on June 20, 2024. I have not received anything after that.
Can someone please tell how do I check the status of application? I heard that I need to link my application to GCkey but I am unable to do it.
AOR letter I received has a number at top left that starts with F. Is this my application. number.

Please help!
Yes that is your application number. After AOR it takes a month for next update. Thand Rakho

Reactions: mannkaur08

navsingh01

Aug 1, 2014
Hey everyone, looking for some insight or guidance for my application. I received the PCC request today - my mother has lived in Kenya since 1988~ and the letter is requiring us to send the PCC from Kenya and India. I'm not sure what the process is to request the PCC from India as the address she lived at is no longer known to us. Any insight on how I can obtain the PCC from there?

MC0284

Nov 21, 2016
what does this mean? Can I just submit my dad's Ration card, my surrendered Indian passport (I do not have an OCI), and my dad's (??) PAN card (I don't have any because I left India right after high school). Many thanks.

Proof of Relationship (SPR): As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please
provide your voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle
standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate). If you are unable to provide
these items, you may provide the principal applicant's Ration card, your Indian passports
(expired and current) and/or OCI, and PAN/Income Tax card. NOTE: Affidavits are not
acceptable as proof of relationship. If you are sponsoring your grandparent, you must
include a copy of your mother or father's birth certificate, as well as your own birth
certificate in order to support your relationship to the principal applicant. If the birth
certificate is not in English or French, a notarized (certified) translation in either English
or French with a copy of the original version must be provided. In addition also include
as proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your mother's or father's
voter ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and
Matriculation/secondary school certificate). NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof
of relationship.

Last edited:

Abhilashg

Mar 2, 2022
Firstly, What is the the status of her PR application? Have you seen any updates? If you submitted in Dec 2023, there is a good chance her PR will come through by Dec 2024.
I am a Dec 2023 submission too and have currently received biometric, medical and PCC requests in the last few days.
i am in the same position for my in laws . i have a question for pcc .they have been in canada on visiting visa for 1 year .where should they get pcc from ?

Dynamite007

Jun 25, 2024
We just got a notification for medicals, but I have a question, she is here in Canada. how come they are asking her to do medicals when IRCC has suspended medicals for inland Canada applicants?

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
I am sponsoring both my parents and my sister (she is under 22) as a dependant child. I just received medical request for my father and mother but not for my sister. Why would this be? Does she not need to do her medical exam? Anyone else sponsoring a dependent child and had the same issue?
Did you receive an AOR for your sister?
Are you sure you are able to sponsor her? Please check the link below, I dont think you can sponsor a sibling except for circumstances mentioned by IRCC.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/who-you-can-sponsor.html