+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Harmin_15

Nov 13, 2014
Brampton, Canada
NOC Code......
They gave request letter in Sep 2023, and then asked me to provide their current residence.

My parents were in Australia there, I am waiting since then.

And now they asked to redo medical

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
They gave request letter in Sep 2023, and then asked me to provide their current residence.

Thank you very much for your information!

I guess your case started security check since Sep 2023.

IRCC asked for my parents' updated resume and current residence on Oct 2023. And since then, no updates.

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023

Since IRCC requested the second medical test, I think your case will be complete soon after IRCC receive the results of the second medical test.

Please keep posted if there is any updated information.

Thanks again for sharing your information!

aleeaheed

Nov 21, 2022
Just noticed while checking status of file online that under the heading Current status it was displaying "Application/profile updated". Nothing has changed inside of the file. After going back the status changed back to "Submitted".

I called IRCC today to ask and the agent said "Looks like that you security has been picked up by our partner agency". No sure what she meant. I was hoping that the update is that IRCC has received the security screening and will be making a decision soon since its has been almost 31 months now. Neither of my parents have any military background.

Any idea what this means?

Last edited:

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Just noticed while checking status of file online that under the heading Current status it was displaying "Application/profile updated". Nothing has changed inside of the file. After going back the status changed back to "Submitted".

I called IRCC today to ask and the agent said "Looks like that you security has been picked up by our partner agency". No sure what she meant. I was hoping that the update is that IRCC has received the security screening and will be making a decision soon since its has been almost 31 months now. Neither of my parents have any military background.

"Partner agency" could be referring to CBSA or CSIS. The only way to know for sure is to make an ATIP request to CBSA and CSIS for notes.
I recommend being a little patient before requesting notes. 31 months is a long time to be waiting, but since your application faced delays due to sponsor eligibility problems this is unfortunately to be expected.

Reactions: aleeaheed

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
"Partner agency" could be referring to CBSA or CSIS. The only way to know for sure is to make an ATIP request to CBSA and CSIS for notes.
I recommend being a little patient before requesting notes. 31 months is a long time to be waiting, but since your application faced delays due to sponsor eligibility problems this is unfortunately to be expected.
Thank you for sharing your information.

I ordered IRCC notes and it shows "security screening in process by CBSA". Does that mean our case only sent to CBSA?

I ordered CBSA notes already but I do not receive the result yet.

Do I need to order CSIS notes?

Any input will be highly appreciated!

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I ordered IRCC notes and it shows "security screening in process by CBSA". Does that mean our case only sent to CBSA?
Not necessarily. The notes I requested from IRCC and CBSA also show "security: in process by CBSA" because CSIS already completed their processing and sent it back to CBSA.
If you want to be sure, you can send an ATIP request to CSIS to confirm if they have a file on either of your parents. CSIS confirmed for me that they had no file for my mom, but they did have a file for my dad and they confirmed that they sent CBSA their recommendation in August of last year.

Reactions: katezhu

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Is your father’s enhanced security screening still in process? It seems it has been over a year since it started in May 2023.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Is your father’s enhanced security screening still in process? It seems it has been over a year since it started in May 2023.
I believe so. CSIS received the request from CBSA in May 2023 and sent their recommendation back in August 2023. Since then, there has been no update from CBSA - still pending. Criminality passed in February 2024.

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023

Just curious which number you called for IRCC. I've been unable to get in touch with any of the agents.

Thanks

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Can someone pls help understand what is happening with my mother-in-law's PGP PR application?

Background:
  • Dec 2021 application
  • IRCC asked for PC in 2022 - submitted them immediately
  • Medical test asked to be done again in 2022 as previous one had expired. Did so and submitted
  • Somewhere in late 2022, IRCC confirmed medical test has been completed and file was being processed in Mississauga office
  • Then there was radio silence for many many months. Following up did not help
  • Early this year, the background check status showed in progress. Status also said they need more info
  • After 2 months, got a call from IRCC agent asking for my father-in-law's details to be added. My mother-in-law and father-in-law have been separated (without formal divorce for 30 years and we are unaware of where he is). We were asked to fill in form with him as a dependent as formal divorce has not happened. We submitted new form with his name stating that we cannot upload all forms or get his signatures as we do not know where he is
  • 2 weeks later, IRCC updated my father-in-law's name as a dependent
  • 1 month later in May, got a letter that application is being moved from Mississauga office to Vancouver office - no concrete reason given
  • Status then changed and showed Medical is being reviewed, additional document still required, background change still being done etc.
  • Last night, the status had an update and only the background check moved to "not applicable"
The current status is as below:

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents
We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
Not applicable.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.