+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

SSMirza

Jun 18, 2024
Hi everyone

Applied on November 23rd 2021. Today got the email saying "

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf
of xxxxxx and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for
Permanent Residence for your relative will be forwarded to London IRCC for further processing.
This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

However, I am unable to link the GC Key as it says file unable to locate. What do I do now? And is this AOR?

Thanks

aleeaheed

Nov 21, 2022
December 2021 applicant. Last update was medical in July 2023. When I call IRCC, they tell me that the application is on its last step which is Security screening. 30 months of processing. It is getting frustrating with every passing day.

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
December 2021 applicant. Last update was medical in July 2023. When I call IRCC, they tell me that the application is on its last step which is Security screening. 30 months of processing. It is getting frustrating with every passing day.
I totally understand your feeling!
Same here, since medical passed on Oct 2023, security screening started. No updates since Oct 2023.

jay21

Star Member
Apr 28, 2022
Applied for Supervisa from outside Canada.
Applied On : 28/June/2024
Passport request: 20/July/2024

Here’s the catch: Name is different on application submission letter & passport request letter, rest of the details including Biometric numbers and application, address all info same.

Applicant’s spousal name is part of given name but IRCC put applicant’s father name instead.

What should I do? I sent webform but it will take long & only 30 days timelimit to send passport for visa stamping.

They don’t talk on call for outland visitor visa application.

OR Should I just send for stamping?

Harmin_15

Nov 13, 2014
Brampton, Canada
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

CIC has asked to redo my Parents Medicals as the previous one expired, i received Arrival letter in Sep 2023, and medical expired in Mar 2024.

Any idea on the timeline, on how much time they take after medical is submitted to send passport request.

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Hello Everyone,

CIC has asked to redo my Parents Medicals as the previous one expired, i received Arrival letter in Sep 2023, and medical expired in Mar 2024.

Any idea on the timeline, on how much time they take after medical is submitted to send passport request.
It looks like your case is in security check. Did your parents have military services or work for government before?

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Anyone can help me here : I am in process in submitting my mom's application.. she plans to travel to Canada around December /Jan .. can she do the PCC, biometrics and medical here Incase she received the request while she's here in Canada ??

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Hi Harmin,

in our case from the time resubmitting the medical to passport request took about 4-months.
i was also watching other cases then and some got their ppr in 2-months and this is never a pattern. hth.

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Hi Harmin,

in our case from the time resubmitting the medical to passport request took about 4-months.
i was also watching other cases then and some got their ppr in 2-months and this is never a pattern. hth.
Thank you for sharing information.

May I aske a question: did your parents have military services experience or work for government before?

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Yes my dad was jn army
Thanks for sharing your information!

My dad also had military service experience more than 50 years ago. Our case is in security check since Oct 2023.

Did you order GCMS notes? When your case started security check?

If you could share more information, it will be very helpful for us to expect the process in future.