+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
I have seen people reaching out to local MP to expedite the process of CPR in case parents are here in Canada. Can somebody please explain what is local MP and how can we reach out to them ?
MP is a Member of Parliament, representing your constituency. Find your MP from this link https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en , just enter your postal code and find their contact details. Also, note CIC is not obliged to expedite or action requests made by an MP, it is up to their discretion. However, it won't harm contacting MP. I contacted a couple of times and CIC did nothing. Involving an MP didn't help for me, maybe it will for you.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys i need your help regarding the minimum income cutoff for parents sponsorship so i know i need to show $40000 for 2020 to be eligible for this program but right now im on working sharing means i work for few days and get rest of money from EI so i think I will reach $40000 if i add both EI and my work payment .
So my question is that does cra count EI Payments as income ?
2nd question is that if i put some money in RRSP account my net income will come to less than cut off income so do they need our gross or net income to be eligible for this prog?
Thanks guys
If you applied in 2019, your EI income will not be counted. That was the rule for PGP 2019 applications.

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
MP is a Member of Parliament, representing your constituency. Find your MP from this link https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en , just enter your postal code and find their contact details. Also, note CIC is not obliged to expedite or action requests made by an MP, it is up to their discretion. However, it won't harm contacting MP. I contacted a couple of times and CIC did nothing. Involving an MP didn't help for me, maybe it will for you.
Thank you so much for explaining this to me !

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you applied in 2019, your EI income will not be counted. That was the rule for PGP 2019 applications.
RRSP does not affect your total income so you should be good.
I thought special EI can be counted so you need to do some research on it.

@YVR123 can you please provide a reference to what you mentioned? Thanks.

jscheema

Aug 24, 2014
 Please provide a copy of the original Option C Printout for tax year 2017 and 2018. Please note we do not accept the online version of the Option C nor do we accept any Notice of Assessments. You can obtain a free-of-charge original Option C printout by calling the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281
 Special Benefits (ESDC). Please provide proof of special benefits income from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada confirming the type of benefits received in 2017 and 2018. This can be obtained online from your Service Canada account under My Past Claims

I got this today from immigration department for my wife who is co signor with me for my mother's file. Since She is already have CRA login services, can she get it download from her account or she has to call CRA to get this Option C .
The special benefits she got was regular employment insurance benefits which is temporary lay off every year due to closure of her institution during summer and Christmas time. Is it any concern for my mother's application for claiming regular ei benefits.
Please help me for this. I really appreciate it.
Thanks

LanaN

Apr 26, 2017
Hello ,
It could be some good news/move for processing the cases of parents, who are not in Canada.
My mom did a medical exam and biometrics in January ,2020, office-Mississauga. No news since then until yesterday.That’s what I got asked: “

After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:
Name:
> Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document Our records indicate that
your passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months. Please apply for and then submit a copy of your new passport which has greater than 12 months of validity remaining.
This must be received at this office by: 2021/02/01
> CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications
and experience. Please provide a detailed CV/resume containing your education, employment and professional history from the age of 18. For periods of employment ensure to include the name of the employer, your position title, job duties, and location. There must be NO gaps in information.
> Death Certificate: Death certificate Please provide a death certificate for your late spouse
<Name> legally issued by the local governmental authorities. This must be received at this office by: 2021/02/01”.

my questions is:
Do I need to translate the documents, related to CV in English? It’s quite a bit of the lifestyle story, lol
Has anyone done this with CV in English only and submitted related extra documents in original language and it was enough for approval?

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Hello ,
It could be some good news/move for processing the cases of parents, who are not in Canada.
My mom did a medical exam and biometrics in January ,2020, office-Mississauga. No news since then until yesterday.That’s what I got asked: “

After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:
Name:
> Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document Our records indicate that
your passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months. Please apply for and then submit a copy of your new passport which has greater than 12 months of validity remaining.
> CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications
and experience. Please provide a detailed CV/resume containing your education, employment and professional history from the age of 18. For periods of employment ensure to include the name of the employer, your position title, job duties, and location. There must be NO gaps in information.
> Death Certificate: Death certificate Please provide a death certificate for your late spouse
<Name> legally issued by the local governmental authorities. This must be received at this office by: 2021/02/01”.

my questions is:
Do I need to translate the documents, related to CV in English? It’s quite a bit of the lifestyle story, lol
Has anyone done this with CV in English only and submitted related extra documents in original language and it was enough for approval?
Are you in tracker? i am also having similar timeline. Just wondering. @YULIA-2016