+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
PCC should not be older that 6 months after you apply.

So no earlier than 6months before the date you signed your forms.

I booked an appointment for my parents for Monday the 15th online to get an India-wide PCC using the Passport Seva Website. As I understand, if the address on aadhar card matches the passport address the PCC is issued the same day. I have eCAS / myCIC status (application received/ In process) and got AoR yesterday.

Your choice really to wait / apply proactively. Irrespective, I will update on Monday on how it goes. Cheers
Hi,
If I am applying online on Passport Seva Kendra, Can we use our CAD Visa to pay the fee and appointment will be in Passport Seva Kendra or in Local Police Station.

Thanks.

S_Thind

Apr 24, 2019
I cant still link my application with UCI and Application number on my cic account

Should I use Place of birth or Passport number? Also, Number of Family Members are including sponsor?

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
I cant still link my application with UCI and Application number on my cic account

Should I use Place of birth or Passport number? Also, Number of Family Members are including sponsor?
Should I use Place of birth or Passport number - Either should work

Number of Family Members are including sponsor - Sponsor (1) + Co signer (1) IF you have one + (0) Kids, irrespective of kids) + Principal Applicant + Dependents (Whatever number of Dependents. In most cases (1).

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ecas is still saying "Application Received" even though AOR received, May be it takes a while to update?
AOR means application received. ECAS would not change until your application is in process. When did you check your ECAS for the first time, May or June?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

Use PA passport # and date.
Family member count with following formula =
[SPONSOR+ IF COSIGNER]+[PA+IF DEP ]

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
What is the best way if parents have recently arrived in Canada for a visit and biometrics are requested??
Dont have U.S visa. Expert members please guide.
Option 1: You can ask for an extension. A user reported he got 30 days. You can ask for more, but all these will delay your application. CIC is opening Biometric center later this year. You can ask CIC to extend it multiple times if that what you are looking for.

Option 2: Apply for a US Visa, will take about 40-50 days to obtain one. Less costly travel to US

Option 3: Go to Mexico. Canadian visitor visa holder doesn't need a visa to travel to Mexico

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
You can request an extension using the webform but will ultimately have to go out of Canada and get biometrics done.
But the extension will be hardly 30 days.
Are there any challenges with doing Biometrics in Mexico? (since no visa required if one has canadian visa)?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
To apply PCC from India you need PCC request letter from CIC . Without CIC request letter for PCC I don't think passport office will issue PCC in india.
Correct me if i am wrong.
No, don't require any letter from CIC. Directly you can apply for PCC in passport office.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Option 1: You can ask for an extension. A user reported he got 30 days. You can ask for more, but all these will delay your application. CIC is opening Biometric center later this year. You can ask CIC to extend it multiple times if that what you are looking for.

Option 2: Apply for a US Visa, will take about 40-50 days to obtain one. Less costly travel to US

Option 3: Go to Mexico. Canadian visitor visa holder doesn't need a visa to travel to Mexico
Official CIC response:

Whether your parents need to give biometrics is specific to their case – we can't tell you for sure if they will need to give biometrics. You can pay the other fees with your application, and if you do need biometrics, we'll contact you and ask you to pay the fee. Note: If you are in Canada and you receive a letter notifying you that you need to give biometrics, then you will have to leave Canada to do this. You should not travel to the U.S. if you’re only going to give biometrics. The U.S. border officials may not let you enter the country. Instead, you should go to a visa application centre (VAC) in any country that you can legally enter, such as your home country.

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017

For OPTION 3 - Going to Mexico are there any challenges? Will VFS accept them to take Biometrics are there Mexican Facility even though they are not from Mexico?