+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

-----------Pakistanis still waiting, please connect here---------------

freedbasra

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well somebody mentioned earlier that now normal processing time of study permits has been increased from 11 weeks to 16 weeks. And these 16 weeks doesn't include weekends and public holidays This is what he was told by VF office when he inquired about his application status.
According to this time frame, For me, who applied on 18 June, 16 weeks threshold is not over yet. And they have clearly mentioned that we will not respond to any enquiry whose processing time is not over.

So what I think, need to wait a bit more.

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
freedbasra said:
Well somebody mentioned earlier that now normal processing time of study permits has been increased from 11 weeks to 16 weeks. And these 16 weeks doesn't include weekends and public holidays This is what he was told by VF office when he inquired about his application status.
According to this time frame, For me, who applied on 18 June, 16 weeks threshold is not over yet. And they have clearly mentioned that we will not respond to any enquiry whose processing time is not over.

It is mate. 16 weeks mean 112 day- now even if you add 32 weekends in it it becomes 144 days. So, we are already there.

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
yasir8959 said:
It is mate. 16 weeks mean 112 day- now even if you add 32 weekends in it it becomes 144 days. So, we are already there.
But there were two for ashura and 5 for eid and add 8 days more to it means our processing time ends on 153 days. Means 10 days from no for those who applied on June 18.

Nabeel1

Oct 28, 2014
yasir8959 said:
But there were two for ashura and 5 for eid and add 8 days more to it means our processing time ends on 153 days. Means 10 days from no for those who applied on June 18.
what for them who already cross the time limit and has not got any reply .. i think there is no fix criteria . some got visa approved in 2 to 3 months time. Is any one here who knows about some one who got visa 160,170,180,190 ,or above 200 days ..

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
yasir8959 said:
Whats CSE and and what document did you submit? Were you in the original sheet that brass started? With your visa application date and all that and program and university?
*CSE = Case Specific enquiry.
*I submitted a recommendation letter to support my file.
*I was not on that sheet, brass asked me once and then I could not come here until few days ago.
*27 aug, Seneca college, Aviation Operation.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
Nabeel1 said:
Have you send your document on this email id ISBADIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca ..or its better we should go to VFs office to send additional doc to be attach with our current application . what is a right thing to do
I sent through Enquiry form on their portal

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
freedbasra said:

well Its still on their website that normal processing time is 11weeks.

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
silent3y3s said:
well Its still on their website that normal processing time is 11weeks.
[/quot

Its different at different places. At some its 8 weeks, at some its 11, at some its 16... Info on this one is pretty diffuse. Cant say which one is right, By my reckoning, taking 16 weeks us better bcoz its most conservative estimate.

freedbasra

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nabeel1 said:
what for them who already cross the time limit and has not got any reply .. i think there is no fix criteria . some got visa approved in 2 to 3 months time. Is any one here who knows about some one who got visa 160,170,180,190 ,or above 200 days ..
Yar there are two groups, those who are lucky and those who are unluckily
Yasir , if you remeber there was another fellow on this forum , mohsinis; he also applied on 18 june and his visa was issued in late August. Whereas me and you are still waiting. So, we can can't complain why they issued them visa in time. And my perception is that those who were admitted in better programs were issued visas on priority, well there are exceptions, but the overall trend is same.

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
freedbasra said:
Yasir , if you remeber there was another fellow on this forum , mohsinis; he also applied on 18 june and his visa was issued in late August. Whereas me and you are still waiting. So, we can can't complain why they issued them visa in time. And my perception is that those who were admitted in better programs were issued visas on priority, well there are exceptions, but the overall trend is same.
I have never been a lucky brute. Went n bought myself tickets for a raffle at school in class 3, they were giving a little lamb that year. Christmas day. The lamb right died before night of 24th. You can imagine how lucky i am. (The story is for impressionistic effect)!
Yeah Mohsinis did get it. Though he applied the same day as us. Cant really say whats the bargain with us. What are your thoughts please? What happened this time around?

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
freedbasra said:
What do you mean by better program? Brass was in Phd and had funding for 200000 USD. I was in MSc an had funding for 50000 usd. What else are better programs. There are guys on funded Phd programs ho havent got visas. So, dont think its like that. And besides, guys from best uni, like york, western etc didnt got visas. What are better programs if not these....

freedbasra

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasir8959 said:
What do you mean by better program? Brass was in Phd and had funding for 200000 USD. I was in MSc an had funding for 50000 usd. What else are better programs. There are guys on funded Phd programs ho havent got visas. So, dont think its like that. And besides, guys from best uni, like york, western etc didnt got visas. What are better programs if not these....
You are absolutely right, thats why i said exceptions are there too, but just have a comparison in the spreadsheet, those who were admitted in MSC PROGRAMS in universities and compare them with others.. You will know what I mean.

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
freedbasra said:
You are absolutely right, thats why i said exceptions are there too, but just have a comparison in the spreadsheet, those who were admitted in MSC PROGRAMS in universities and compare them with others.. You will know what I mean.
K. Lets see.

freedbasra

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasir8959 said:
Well, I would say you are among the most unlucky ones unfortunately :-X