+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistanis Applying for student Visa for September 2015 intake!

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
se7en said:
Brother, dont get confused. Pakistani winter cloths is not compatible with the winter here in Canada. As I said in my previous comments buy one jacket but buy it from here and same for the shoes because most of the time it snows in the winter except downsouth parts of BC.
Bring lots of spices and cigarettes if you smoke. Cigarettes are expensive here. :p
How many cigarettes can we bring along?

SufyanJawed

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2015
File Transfer...
20/05/2015
Med's Request
waiting
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
yasir8959 said:
How many cigarettes can we bring along?
See the link below to find out what you can bring in Canada

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ifcrc-rpcrc-eng.html#a5

It says you can bring upto 200 cigarettes.

coolrc_04

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
If you are coming for the first time and landing in some major city e.g Toronto, Montreal, etc then do not bring any cigarettes. That would be my first advice to you. You are already spending alot on ticket and you international fee. You can easily afford your smoking here. Also, try not to bring any spices, sweets or any food at all. If you are on some medication then bring your prescription along wit h its receipt. These few steps will make you immigration smoother.

Best of luck and fly safe!

seena

Apr 30, 2015
coolrc_04 said:
If you are coming for the first time and landing in some major city e.g Toronto, Montreal, etc then do not bring any cigarettes. That would be my first advice to you. You are already spending alot on ticket and you international fee. You can easily afford your smoking here. Also, try not to bring any spices, sweets or any food at all. If you are on some medication then bring your prescription along wit h its receipt. These few steps will make you immigration smoother.

Could you please tell me what is the proper style to write medicinal prescription?
I mean is there any specification needed in prescription or it should be kind of general style
Name ... date ... doctor signature stamp etc is enough ?

seena

Apr 30, 2015
coolrc_04 said:
Yes. Have it signed and stamped from your doctor, with his/her contact information stated clearly.
And what do you mean receipt?
I will buy medicines from different sources ... or should I buy from one place ...?

coolrc_04

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Even if you are buying from different places just keep all the receipts handy. They might ask you for the value of medicines you are carrying to Canada.

seena

Apr 30, 2015
coolrc_04 said:
Even if you are buying from different places just keep all the receipts handy. They might ask you for the value of medicines you are carrying to Canada.
Omg
I have intented to bring OTC drugs which buy from different pharmacies .. some restricted allergic medicine will buy from hospital.... its really hectic .... Pakistan ne spoiled krdia hmko sach ma ...:(

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
coolrc_04 said:

I second that, its good to avoid bringing sweets and spices as they are easily available here.
For cigarettes, it costs around $10-15 here and Gold Leaf is available only in Toronto with a few desi stores. I believe there should not be any issue by bringing two sticks only or 200 cigarettes. And its good to declare them on the form which they give you in plane before it lands in Canada.

For medicines as my brother said, do not bring any unless they are very needful and properly prescribed by a doctor. (Do bring prescription)

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
SufyanJawed said:
See the link below to find out what you can bring in Canada

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ifcrc-rpcrc-eng.html#a5

It says you can bring upto 200 cigarettes.
Good Share Sufyan. Thanks mate

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
seena said:
Neend urrr gai meri Canada k visa lgne k badh

Whats happening with me :eek:
Same thing happened with me 4 years before. I couldn't sleep in peace between the day I got my passport and the day I had flight.

There are several phases you have to pass through until you get permanent residency.

Good luck with your journey.