+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistanis Applying for student Visa for September 2015 intake!

Uikhan88

Aug 14, 2015
I have submitted my passport on 17th August, with my old and current passport, it was fowarded to CHC islamabad on 18th August. haven't renewed my passport cause my current passport is still valid till end of may 2017, and I need study permit till then

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Im going to apply for jan16 paperbased and need guidance.

1. My name on my birth certificate is Bilal Ahmed
Everywhere else its Bilal Ahmad
Is that going to be an issue? Do we even have to submit the birth certificate as I didnt see it on CICs checklist.

2. My father's name on my passport is Faisal Ahmad Khan but on all my educational documents its Dr. Faisal Ahmed
Is it going to be a problem as I dont have much time to change all the certificates
I searched and some people are saying to submit an affidavit along with the package stating variations in spellings

Hassaan1992

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Khanlala1 said:
@ Hassan
June , Paper based, Not enough money to support my studies and living expense , i showed 50 Lac statement.
If 50Lac statement is not enough, then what they want ? Was it a running a/c and for how much time it was matured ?

Xmen

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
18th May, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
07th Aug, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30th Oct, 2015
imacuser said:
Can we submit upfront medical with paper based application?
Yes You can submit Upfront medical with Paper based application.

umar127

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@xmen

Just pray now coz u must had to submit the old one...a guy got rejection because of this........But he did that while applying for visa paper based...he only submitted new one and not the old one

sarz

Aug 27, 2015
Xmen said:
Important finding !!!

Guys I just had conversation with a friend from this forum and concluded that why our passports are not returned due to one common reason. (23 days passed after "original passport request") online applicant

We have duplicate passports and we only have sent new one through VAC. We should have sent them the old one too which may have pace-up our process. They must be curios about our old passport and may have been performing some scanning and security clearance etc.

It is to inform you people those who have renewed their passports should send both new and old passport when asked to submit passport .
if they wanted old passports they should have written it in the passport request letter. so i don't think they care for old passports.

attiqueahmad

Aug 29, 2015
okay guys newbie here, I have been reading all your posts for last two days and this is the right time to share my own experience and get some advice from you.

I applied for study permit on 1st June, 2015 with upfront medical dated 14/05/2015 (submitted eMedical report).

File was forwarded to VAC on 2nd June, 2015.

I was supposed to take class on 31st August, 2015, which I couldn't. Why? Here is why.

See, I get this email from from CIC with the attachment of IMM1017 in which they requested my initial medical. I was quite confused and worried because I had already submitted my medical with application and other documents. So I emailed IOM and it took a more than a week to get the answer. IOM representative gave me my specific UMI number and told me to share it with CHC, CIC and application specific enquiry, which I did.

Meanwhile, I was in contact with my institute and I kept them updating about my current situation. They recommended me to defer my intake to January-16. I refused and requested them to hold my seat for two weeks.

31st August was here, I was still in Pakistan waiting for my VISA. So yesterday I took a step and wrote to "case specific enquiry", CHC and islamabad-im-enquiry about the whole situation and I re-mentioned my UMI #. Now, here is the thing which I did wrong I said that I have requested my institute to hold my class for two weeks and they agreed :mad: . This was definitely nothing but a foolish mistake, because right after 10 minutes of writing this I get email from my institute which said "We cannot hold your seat for two weeks as there will b a lot of material left to catch up although, we can hold your seat for one week, but considering your classes have already started and your current status I do not think that you will get in next 3-4 days. Therefore, I have requested our registration department to defer your intake."

Now after understanding this whole situation what do you think that I need to do now? What could possibly happen if I get VISA and I fly to Canada with REVISED LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE, How would I make CBSA officer understand my position?
or any other suggestion?

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Xmen said:
Yes You can submit Upfront medical with Paper based application.
imacuser said:
Im going to apply for jan16 paperbased and need guidance.

1. My name on my birth certificate is Bilal Ahmed
Everywhere else its Bilal Ahmad
Is that going to be an issue? Do we even have to submit the birth certificate as I didnt see it on CICs checklist.

2. My father's name on my passport is Faisal Ahmad Khan but on all my educational documents its Dr. Faisal Ahmed
Is it going to be a problem as I dont have much time to change all the certificates
I searched and some people are saying to submit an affidavit along with the package stating variations in spellings
Thanks.
Do you any idea about this? Or any other experienced member?

sarz

Aug 27, 2015
attiqueahmad said:
okay guys newbie here, I have been reading all your posts for last two days and this is the right time to share my own experience and get some advice from you.

I applied for study permit on 1st June, 2015 with upfront medical dated 14/05/2015 (submitted eMedical report).

File was forwarded to VAC on 2nd June, 2015.

I was supposed to take class on 31st August, 2015, which I couldn't. Why? Here is why.

See, I get this email from from CIC with the attachment of IMM1017 in which they requested my initial medical. I was quite confused and worried because I had already submitted my medical with application and other documents. So I emailed IOM and it took a more than a week to get the answer. IOM representative gave me my specific UMI number and told me to share it with CHC, CIC and application specific enquiry, which I did.

Meanwhile, I was in contact with my institute and I kept them updating about my current situation. They recommended me to defer my intake to January-16. I refused and requested them to hold my seat for two weeks.

31st August was here, I was still in Pakistan waiting for my VISA. So yesterday I took a step and wrote to "case specific enquiry", CHC and islamabad-im-enquiry about the whole situation and I re-mentioned my UMI #. Now, here is the thing which I did wrong I said that I have requested my institute to hold my class for two weeks and they agreed :mad: . This was definitely nothing but a foolish mistake, because right after 10 minutes of writing this I get email from my institute which said "We cannot hold your seat for two weeks as there will b a lot of material left to catch up although, we can hold your seat for one week, but considering your classes have already started and your current status I do not think that you will get in next 3-4 days. Therefore, I have requested our registration department to defer your intake."

Now after understanding this whole situation what do you think that I need to do now? What could possibly happen if I get VISA and I fly to Canada with REVISED LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE, How would I make CBSA officer understand my position?
or any other suggestion?
Attique, I applied on 2nd june, and I think i will also have to defer my admissions. Frankly speaking, I'm also very confused like you as to what would happen. However, from what i have heard on this forum, if our visa is accepted CHC will issue us temporary visa. When we arrive at Entry port in canada, we will get our study permit there, which means the dates of semester etc are not stamped on our passports here. Therefore, i think ( this is just my assumption) if you get temporary visa, you can always update CHC with revised letter, which you will also show in canada.

Regarding, your case specific email, i have sent a ton of emails and none of it ever gets replied to, except for an auto-generated email which says thank you for your patience, your file is under review.

Secondly, i have been told on the forum here that if the decision of our visa takes a lot of time and CHC realizes that the entry dates for our classes have passed, they will request us for revised letter of acceptance (which in our case would be new offer letters for Spring semester).once we supply them the letter they will issue us temporary visa.

swa123

May 20, 2015
Hi guys Alhumdulillah got my visa approval today (Online Applicant 27th May). Can anyone tell me when I can collect my passport from VAC because I have got approval email and no passport dispatch notification ... Plz help me out!!

steph_2015

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi Everyone!
I wish and pray everyone gets their visa and application approved. This post has been really useful and I am so happy to see how everyone are genuinely cooperative in helping each other out. Does anyone know what happens after the application is approved? I read that you receive the "Letter of introduction"- for Pakistani's where is this letter sent for online applicants? Also, besides this letter of introduction, what else do we need to travel?
Would appreciate your reply. Thanks again. All the best!

Xmen

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
18th May, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
07th Aug, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30th Oct, 2015
swa123 said:
Hi guys Alhumdulillah got my visa approval today (Online Applicant 27th May). Can anyone tell me when I can collect my passport from VAC because I have got approval email and no passport dispatch notification ... Plz help me out!!
Congrats Man. Normally passport dispatch email comes with approval email, wait for a while after dispatch Email you can collect your passport on next working day in late hours.

Xmen

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Karachi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
18th May, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
07th Aug, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30th Oct, 2015
abbasraza78 said:
Guys finally got my visa issued....thanks god
Good to go . Congrats Canada awaits you...