+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status- CBSA visit. Exclusion order..help!!

BABESANDI

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
It was not directed to you. Sometimes people use the wrong term and make others confused. My message actually was to the one who said that her husband was refused humanitary, then stopped signing in with cbsa, then cbsa is sending him back home.... of course I understood that he is being deported and not only holds an exclusion order. Got it?? I dont even know anymore whose case was that I would need to read all posts again. Sometimes I dont see the username only the text. Maybe it was indeed for the right person.. she said "they are sending him back" but it wasnt clear to me... sorry.
That was my case, and am the one who wrote this being my husband, it's ok. When you said deported I got really scared since that's more serious and could make him ineligible for ever coming back here. So I had to clarify that he has an exclusion order which my understanding is giving out a lot at the border and is pretty common. Either way he is banned for one year and not life.

Reactions: Betabr

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
That was my case, and am the one who wrote this being my husband, it's ok. When you said deported I got really scared since that's more serious and could make him ineligible for ever coming back here. So I had to clarify that he has an exclusion order which my understanding is giving out a lot at the border and is pretty common. Either way he is banned for one year and not life.
Ok. Clear now :)

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello! Any update on your app?
Hello Betabr, Happy New Year!! We are still waiting. checked online again and it just say "In Process".
Called CIC and the newest info for me is that my husband passed his medicals and still currently conducting background check. They have not started the eligibility process. I wish they would hurry up as its so frustrating to see April app getting DM on their application. My husband career is on the line as so many opportunities and missed sponsorship's had to be let go because of this...

Reactions: Betabr

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
what proof of evidence you submitted if he is out od status? i have friend out of status he will pass his application this month but he's proof of cohabition is not enough no rental agreement no joint account no address
pictures, home insurance, bill statements, joint back account, joint car insurance, life insureance policy and etc.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
My husband was given the exclusion order BEFORE our app was sent in. The officer did however say he was going to hold of on submitting paperwork for PRRA interview until we got it in. We met with him originally 10 months ago. Ever since our app has been going ok so far. We did finally get the prra interview letter the other day and are to attend in mississauga on Sat. But the officer we have been dealing with here in our hometown told us just the other day ( hubby consulted with him when he went to sign in) and he told him not to worry. They will most likely wait for a decision. And if not, ask for deferal. Worse case, if we were forced to do prra, last option, we should still b ok since app is almost finished with. I know our situation seems a bit different but just putting it out there that hubby WAS given exclusion order before app was submitted. Officer did not stall on that. He stalled on submitting to mississauga office to buy us time. ( i just feel that part of ur message was directed at my situation so thought id chime in lol. If it wasnt, my apologies lol)
So my husband got an exclusion order issued as of January 8 2019. The Minister's delegate did state there will be a follow up removal interview in the coming weeks/months. We still have no AOR. And based on what the CBSA officer said the final desion is ultimately up the CBSA officer who will conduct the exclusion/removal interview.

We have no choice but to wait and see what the outcome is of this interview, Hopefully with some luck our AOR comes soon and with that we can have some leeway with the officer.

We are praying for favorable outcome.
same issue with my husband. We didn’t have app in yet when given exclusion order. We have gotten aor now but from my understanding,it’s aip that may or may not help. We are April applicants and some others from April have gotten theirs. Still nothing for us yet though. We have the 2nd meeting to discuss the enforcement of removal order/or other options ( prra for example) tomorrow. Officer here in our city that we saw 10 months ago who gave the exclusion order thinks we will be ok, despite not having aor before the exclusion order was issued or even aip before this next interview, which gives us some hope. but I would feel a lot safer with aip right now lol

I’m guessing, and reading, it really all depend on ur situation and the officer in charge. Good luck. Fingers crossed

PS
It took 10 months from the time of exclusion order to next interview for us. Apparently not everyone is so lucky to have so much time, but hoping u are so that ur app can progress a little more before the time comes

Reactions: Canadianguy1989

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
same issue with my husband. We didn’t have app in yet when given exclusion order. We have gotten aor now but from my understanding,it’s aip that may or may not help. We are April applicants and some others from April have gotten theirs. Still nothing for us yet though. We have the 2nd meeting to discuss the enforcement of removal order/or other options ( prra for example) tomorrow. Officer here in our city that we saw 10 months ago who gave the exclusion order thinks we will be ok, despite not having aor before the exclusion order was issued or even aip before this next interview, which gives us some hope. but I would feel a lot safer with aip right now lol

I’m guessing, and reading, it really all depend on ur situation and the officer in charge. Good luck. Fingers crossed

PS
It took 10 months from the time of exclusion order to next interview for us. Apparently not everyone is so lucky to have so much time, but hoping u are so that ur app can progress a little more before the time comes
Omg didn’t notice u replied to me explains all this already haha. Sorry. It seems when I only follow the notifications instead of reading actual thread, I get a little lost and confused lol

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hello Betabr, Happy New Year!! We are still waiting. checked online again and it just say "In Process".
Called CIC and the newest info for me is that my husband passed his medicals and still currently conducting background check. They have not started the eligibility process. I wish they would hurry up as its so frustrating to see April app getting DM on their application. My husband career is on the line as so many opportunities and missed sponsorship's had to be let go because of this...
Happy New Year!!
I really hope you get DM in no time!!

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
what proof of evidence you submitted if he is out od status? i have friend out of status he will pass his application this month but he's proof of cohabition is not enough no rental agreement no joint account no address
Proof of cohabitation is every mail that the sponsor and PR receive with the same address. Other than the lease they can provide letters from IRCC, amazon orders, bank statements, cell phone bills, etc... with dates to prove that they are living at the same address for a certain period of time up to now.

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I don't think the AOR matters at all on their decision, what I was told is IF I get AIP they would leave me alone until IRCC has a decision on my application. But I am still waiting, it's been almost 11 months since my CBSA interview.

All the luck to you!
Did you apply for PRRA ?

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
CBSA gave my husband 14 days to apply for PRRA otherwise he has to leave the country. they said first stage is also not being approved yet . But luckily I got decision made on my side
Your situation is a bit different than mine.
I was also told that I had 14 days to waive or apply for PRRA, after that, they will take a look at my application and if I haven't gotten AIP I would have to leave, but according to their deferral of removal, which is their policy, they will wait to have a decision from IRCC.

Did he get a removal order already? Or just the exclusion order?

Who knows how they work really, I guess I have been lucky they haven't picked up my application again.

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Your situation is a bit different than mine.
I was also told that I had 14 days to waive or apply for PRRA, after that, they will take a look at my application and if I haven't gotten AIP I would have to leave, but according to their deferral of removal, which is their policy, they will wait to have a decision from IRCC.

Did he get a removal order already? Or just the exclusion order?

Who knows how they work really, I guess I have been lucky they haven't picked up my application again.
It was removal order and they suspended it .

Reactions: david_gat88

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Happy New Year!!
I really hope you get DM in no time!!
And it has come!!!!....ECAS is showing DM on both sides. Called the automated line and it has changed to background check completed and reviewing eligibility. Sent an e-mail to the lawyer to see if they received an update as well or a letter with regarding to this. Super excited and shocked....thank goodness

Reactions: Calm2019 and Betabr

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
And it has come!!!!....ECAS is showing DM on both sides. Called the automated line and it has changed to background check completed and reviewing eligibility. Sent an e-mail to the lawyer to see if they received an update as well or a letter with regarding to this. Super excited and shocked....thank goodness
Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhh congratulations!!!!! God is good all the time!!! Happy for you here!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Torablack