+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA Case Pilot Office - for 2007 London Applicants only

akiliyaz

Jan 1, 2011
Gentlemen,
Happy New Year -2011.
I am new to this forum , Mine is a similar case like you all, I sent my docs to ottawa office in July 2nd week , But I have not heard anything form them, nor my Status has changed,

When I do a self evaluation, (due to less scoring in ILTS ), I get about 67 points, I have worked and lived in 4 different countries in the middle east including Yemen, can this delay the response from Ottawa ofice, any experts advise is well come.

Best Regards & good luck to all applicants.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
hi akiliyaz, happy new year to you too. It's long now but there are other few applicants in the same boat who also hasn't received anything, you may want to drop an email to check any update on your case. Travelling check comes after medicals and you haven't had medicals yet. Travelling to different countries doesn't prolong the checks too much though.

akiliyaz

Jan 1, 2011
Thank you ahmadtajwer , I am just worried about my scoring in IELTS , I got 6.5 overall, I took it very easy and attend the test without any preparation, I reliased to my standard, it required some preparation, Can I redo the test and send the results , will that help .

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI all!
Status is still the same, done meds in September 2010, e-case blank.
welcome here akiliyaz and arcticmaple!
The Case Processing Pilot in Ottawa is (as far as I understand) a new office prototype that CIC created to try and deal with the backlog. London office having one of the worst backlog, they sent some of their backlog to CPPO who now deals with our application, although London is still responsible for issuing med requests etc.
It's supposed to make things faster, but I get the feeling that as in all new experiments it takes time getting organised, and there are some communication problems between London and Ottawa (for instance they both sent 2 different list of the documents they requested, one wanted 2 ID photos and the other needed 4, you get the idea...)
We applied in September 2007, so it's now 40 months. At the time London said 36-42 months I think, so we can't really say CPPO has made it faster... but knowing London, maybe it would have been even longer!!

Anyway we really hope we'll get PPR soon (this month ;D), and then...

patelppuk

Sep 21, 2010
London Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 sep 2007
Doc's Request.
10 feb 2010
Med's Done....
20 sep2010
Passport Req..
18 feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 mar 2011
LANDED..........
28 May 2011
hi all,
i have done medical in sep 10 and my e-case showing blank.
hope we all get reply soon.
I have got que. about passport request.
how do they contact us for passport request, via email or post?

phmagdi

Jul 22, 2010
Hi everybody, it seems that most of us had already done with his medical. For me, it was done on 29/11/2010 and sent to London in Dec 10. They didn't ask for The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). Does any one of you have a similar case?

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hey,
I can see that not many changes have taken place for the Ottawa pilot applicants.
I am starting to get worried because my medical was done last July, which theoretically mean that I need to land in Canada before then. If I do not receive my PPR soon, it means that I won't be given that much time to plan my visit over there.
I wonder if Ottawa has not figured out a way to notify applicants and at the same time notify London CHC, since they are the ones who will have to issue the visa ultimately.
Any thoughts?

ultimate_mr_universe

Jan 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 2007
Doc's Request.
march 2010
File Transfer...
CPP-O, June 2010
Med's Request
SEPT-2010
Med's Done....
SEPT-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2011
Hi Everyone!...I am new here and just yesterday came to know such forum existed. My details are a below..

Received File No- Sept 2007( London Office)
Received Doc Requirements- Mar 2010
Documents submitted- May 2010
File Transfered to CPP-O- June 2010
Medicals & Landing fees requirements received- Sept- 2010
Medicals & Landing fees submitted- sept 2010
PPR- Awaiting
Good to see so many of you like me ..... :)

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi and welcome! It's good to hear some news as well! At least we have something in our inbox that says CPPO in it! ;D

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
What are the landing fees?
I did my medicals and was not asked to pay anything.
The only thing I paid so far was the initial fee per applicant when I submitted my simplified application.
Can anyone clarify?

Nectar

Dec 18, 2010
edupolo said:
What are the landing fees?
I did my medicals and was not asked to pay anything.
The only thing I paid so far was the initial fee per applicant when I submitted my simplified application.
Can anyone clarify?
Dear edupolo,

The other name of RPRF is landing fees and must be requested by CHC London and other High Commissions after a positive selection decision. The fee are cost recovery management.

That's what I told that CHC London will be stamping visas in a strict choronological order and the current processing time for pre-February 2008 applications at CHC London might change to 45 months.

You will also be agreed that one additional request by CHC London delay the process for about 2-3 months.

By Canadian law, IN A SMOOTH PROCESSING PATTERN CHC London will not be finalising September 2007 applications before the finalisation of SAP July/August 2007 applications but some applications need more time -depends on an individual application for example if CHC London is awaiting for results of routine background enquries or more thorough checking called background checks.

Like other applications Ottawa applicants will also either be asked to submit RPRF with PHEP or RPRF & Immigrant Summary & Supplementary Information Form and afterwards PHEP. The whole processing from now and onwards will take about 3-4 months.

Nectar

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey nectar,

What's PHEP? What do you mean by "not finalising sept applications before july/august". Does that mean that if some july/august applications are delayed they're gonna wait until they're resolved before moving on to ours...? What if someone delays their application for several months?
Sorry but this is all very troubling...
Thanks!

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey all,

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to share the email I sent to CPPO this evening. I really can't stand it, I'm gonna go mad...
anyway, the timeline of 40 months for me has now been reached so I thought I deserved a little info :D

Here's what I wrote, I'll let you know what they say...

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you regarding my application for permanent residence in Canada. I received one year ago the update request letter explaining about my transfer to CPPO and asking for documents. I had my medicals request in September 2010 and they were done the same month.
This January will mark the 40 months processing time that was confirmed in my update letter last year.
I know that CPPO and CHC London have to deal with a large number of requests but I would like some update on my case as I am trying to plan important events for this year (including wedding).

Can I still expect a passeport request at the beginning of this year?
Is there any chance that I will not have my visa issued after March 2011?
Who will contact me next (yourselves or CHC London) and what are the final stages/timeline?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Thanks M+JM for doing that, i'll be desperately waiting for their response to you which will hopefully clear the things up. They have said that they'll start issuing the things from January but i hope when they respond you, that'll clear the things up even more.

PHEP is Photo Height Eye colour & Passport request letter or we call it as PPR (Passport Request letter) as when we receive request for passport, it always include to give height details, eye colour details and photo reqs again.

Good luck to you and fingers crossed.