+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ottawa applicants

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes from Ottawa but not sure about any other information.

us2yow said:
Was this an Ottawa application from July or some other city ? Were they Family Class ?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Have any Ottawa applicants who sent their application in July 2014 heard back on test ?

Even Montreal is moving faster...Ottawa is the capital and so slow !

good2011

Jan 5, 2015
us2yow said:
Have any Ottawa applicants who sent their application in July 2014 heard back on test ?

Even Montreal is moving faster...Ottawa is the capital and so slow !
I am a July 2014 applicant who haven't heard back on test yet!
I don't even receive a book, but the ecas says they have transferred my case to Ottawa local office on February 5 2015 already.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
looks like they are probably accumulating a bunch of applications from June / July 2014 Ottawa applicants before they do a batch review and theeeeeeeeeeeeeen do the invite etc...

I am just guessing... based on fact that seems like May 2014 folks have had tests and oaths (in some cases)...so..people who applied later than May 2014 must be at differen stages of the review and processing line/queue....

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A family application from September first got the test last week only seven days before the test. Actually, nobody knows how it works in the cic offices.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
OK, for starters....we have seen that Family applications are definitely prioritized over Single applicants...

guess waiting is the name of the game...and taking one's mind off this by doing other things....

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
om saif said:
A family application from September first got the test last week only seven days before the test. Actually, nobody knows how it works in the cic offices.
Do you know if they used to issue RQ when you apply for PR renewal

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Om Saif and Ottawan people,

Finally I got my test letter. I have a test on April 30th. What things should I take with me to the test. My passport has Arabic stamps. Should I translate them before I go to the test. Could you tell me how can I find a translator in Ottawa who can translate from Arabic to English? Please help. One more thing could you suggest good websites for citizenship test? plz help

Regards

T

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
What are your dates?

Tamara_ said:

Finally I got my test letter. I have a test on April 30th. What things should I take with me to the test. My passport has Arabic stamps. Should I translate them before I go to the test. Could you tell me how can I find a translator in Ottawa who can translate from Arabic to English? Please help. One more thing could you suggest good websites for citizenship test? plz help

Regards

T

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Tamara_ said:

Regards

T
Tamara, are you a Family Class applicant? Can you give us more information ?

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Ottawa people,

I submitted my application on August 4th. Finally I got the test notice. I checked it online. My test is on April 30th. the problem is I don't have access to my mail now. I called the CIC and they informed me about the address and the documents that I should bring. My question is that can I do the test If I don't have the notice to appear to write test letter? Plz help

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!! Happy news for august applicants. I would advise to call cic again to be sure that you are in the safe side.
Tamara_ said:
Hello Ottawa people,

I submitted my application on August 4th. Finally I got the test notice. I checked it online. My test is on April 30th. the problem is I don't have access to my mail now. I called the CIC and they informed me about the address and the documents that I should bring. My question is that can I do the test If I don't have the notice to appear to write test letter? Plz help

jiwon21c

Apr 21, 2015
Tamara_ said:
Hello Ottawa people,

Even though you don't have the notice to appear to write test, you can have the test. Just check for the place to be tested(In my experience, 200 Catherine St, Ottawa, ON). I phone-talked with CIC associate, and she confirmed that I can have it.
I also was in the same situation, but I printed out the notice from the application status site and an email including your application number & Client ID number from CIC in your email-box. And also if PR card is on your hands, you can have the test after simple checking about you with ID(Driver license).
So, please keep the print-outs and PR card, Passport, 2 IDs(with photo), Landing paper.

Good luck!!!

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tamara_ said:

Regards

T
Congrats Tamara! Good luck to you on the test!