Passport Req..
20-04-2016

mp5

Jun 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Nothing wrong or illegal in applying to multiple provinces. You'll just have to choose one of the nominations if you end up getting more than one.

All the best!
Many thanks Asivad Anac for your instant reply.

I would like to know your opinion in my specific case. My NOC is 0213. CRS: 435, applied for OOPNP under FSWP, no ties with Ontario. Have not received AOR yet.

Saskatewan, as people say, is more Agricultural based economy. Do you recommend to apply for Saskatewan Express Entry PNP as well, or should I wait for OOPNP process to get over to see what it has for me. Appreciate your advice.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mp5 said:
Many thanks Asivad Anac for your instant reply.

I would like to know your opinion in my specific case. My NOC is 0213. CRS: 435, applied for OOPNP under FSWP, no ties with Ontario. Have not received AOR yet.

Saskatewan, as people say, is more Agricultural based economy. Do you recommend to apply for Saskatewan Express Entry PNP as well, or should I wait for OOPNP process to get over to see what it has for me. Appreciate your advice.
Computer and IS managers would certainly have disproportionately higher chances of landing a suitable job in Ontario than in Saskatchewan but that doesn't mean that SINP is out of bounds for you.

Canadian constitution allows citizens and PRs complete mobility rights to live and work anywhere in Canada. You can certainly apply to a province and, if you get nominated, try your best to find a job and settle there for a reasonable time (say, a year or so) and then relocate to another province where you have better career prospects. I'm not advocating that you treat a provincial nomination as just an entry into Canada but I'm definitely informing you of your rights as a PR holder and also that your obligations (if any at all) to the province are not for life.

All the best!

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Right before sending out my Ontario PNP EE today, I have just got ITA from CIC. Which one should I apply? Can I apply both?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
specialmary said:
I could be wrong, but I thought there was more certainty in PNP programs than CIC programs.
Only for borderline cases, but since you clearly got an ITA, it shouldn't be a problem for you. IMO, the CIC application is less complicated compared to OOPNP.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
bellaluna said:
Only for borderline cases, but since you clearly got an ITA, it shouldn't be a problem for you. IMO, the CIC application is less complicated compared to OOPNP.
You are right. But if there is no difference in the outcome (except higher application fee and double amount of work to apply for PNP), is there any advantage to apply CIC directly? I may have troubles getting work letters for my current employer, and thus my work experience may not be as long as stated in my EE profile. Employers elsewhere in the world are not as helpful as those in Canada to provide work letters.

Rao2015

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
specialmary said:
I could be wrong, but I thought there was more certainty in PNP programs than CIC programs.
Keep in mind you still have to go through CIC application once you receive PNP and ITA. so... you just saved yourself 1500 bucks.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Rao2015 said:
Keep in mind you still have to go through CIC application once you receive PNP and ITA. so... you just saved yourself 1500 bucks.
I assume that Ontario PNP officers will also assess whether I fulfill the FSW requirement, and therefore, if they are okay with my application CIC officers may also accept my application. Hopefully my assumption is correct. I had previous FSW applications filed years ago but got rejected due to job code mismatch, etc, by CIC officers, and thus I felt that the process can easily fall apart if applying directly to CIC officers.

Obviously, if Ontario PNP officers think yes but CIC officers thinks no, then there are problems.

zhk

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Regarding work reference letter, are we required to peovide the reference letter from all of the employers in the past 10 years regardless of the NOC or just relevant work experience (NOC 0,A or B)?

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
zhk said:
Regarding work reference letter, are we required to peovide the reference letter from all of the employers in the past 10 years regardless of the NOC or just relevant work experience (NOC 0,A or B)?
I only sent O, A, and B. Some people here stated to show some evidence of your non-relevant work to fulfill the reference letter requirement. I doubt Ontario PNP even needs it but a quick call to them will clarify.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
specialmary said:
I only sent O, A, and B. Some people here stated to show some evidence of your non-relevant work to fulfill the reference letter requirement. I doubt Ontario PNP even needs it but a quick call to them will clarify.
First up, Congratulations on getting an ITA!

If you have an ITA, proceed with the EE route. PR is no guarantee either way but the PNP route has 1 additional step and a 1500 CAD component.

Whether you choose the 'regular' ITA route or the PNP route, the success of your PR application depends on the quality of your documents. And that is monitored and guided by CIC at almost every step. Even the provinces have to ensure that you are eligible for FSWP/CEC before allowing you a PNP. And the quality, authenticity and validity of your work reference letters (or documents in lieu of those) has considerable bearing on their decision making process.

Be it CIC or provinces, they are not keen on full disclosure of an applicant's education, work experience or personal financials. You are expected to provide full disclosure only on items like criminal history, travel history, medical history etc. It won't be ever considered a misrepresentation if you did not declare a certification course, part-time or full time employment for which you did not gain points or a housing mortgage you hold in your country of residence.

So, declare only as much work experience as you need points. Be it CRS points (up to 3 years of full time work experience across multiple NOCs) or FSWP eligibility points (up to 6+ years of full time work experience in the same NOC).

All the best!

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Asivad Anac said:
First up, Congratulations on getting an ITA!

If you have an ITA, proceed with the EE route. PR is no guarantee either way but the PNP route has 1 additional step and a 1500 CAD component.

Whether you choose the 'regular' ITA route or the PNP route, the success of your PR application depends on the quality of your documents. And that is monitored and guided by CIC at almost every step. Even the provinces have to ensure that you are eligible for FSWP/CEC before allowing you a PNP. And the quality, authenticity and validity of your work reference letters (or documents in lieu of those) has considerable bearing on their decision making process.

Be it CIC or provinces, they are not keen on full disclosure of an applicant's education, work experience or personal financials. You are expected to provide full disclosure only on items like criminal history, travel history, medical history etc. It won't be ever considered a misrepresentation if you did not declare a certification course, part-time or full time employment for which you did not gain points or a housing mortgage you hold in your country of residence.

So, declare only as much work experience as you need points. Be it CRS points (up to 3 years of full time work experience across multiple NOCs) or FSWP eligibility points (up to 6+ years of full time work experience in the same NOC).

All the best!
Thanks for your advice. As I said I do not think they are very keen on experience that is not O, A and B.

Your reply triggers a question: In reality, can PNP EE approve an application but CIC reject an application (due to the quality of your application)? I am not talking about inadmissibility issues here.