+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PT- Anyone got PT from OONP recently

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rafzy said:
+1 for such motivation bro ... You rock ! 8)

If you get nominated and you probably will, then you are guaranteed an ITA cause your score would be way over 1000 points.
Thanks man!! Today is Friday! Most invites are sent out on a Friday! Lets hope we all get one today :) :) :) .

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes the fee is non-refundable. But below are the points to consider :

1) Toronto and Ottawa are in Ontario. Toronto is home to more than 11,000 hi-tech firms (Google Greater Toronto Area - GTA). It is also the heart of all financial institutions in Canada.

2) Ontario does not refuse a person arbitrarily. Since they charge a processing fee, they scrutinize applications with great care. Unless you you commit a blunder (like choose a irrelevant NOC, write a very lame settlement plan etc), the chances are rejection are relatively less to other provinces like Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia.

3) Considering you do things correctly, this 1500 CAD is an investment, not an expenditure.

4) Almost 45 - 50% of the immigrants immigrate to Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal. And guess where Toronto is! Yea! In Ontario.

5) There are hell a lot of jobs out there in Ontario. Even if you do not get a job in your field immediately, you will get an opportunity to take some time and start gaining "Canadian Work Experience" that almost all Canadian Employers crave for.

6) Niagara falls is near by ;) .

So, I guess the above mentioned reasons would give you some time to think and decide carefully!

All the very best.. Keep us posted!
Superb. Thanks
Are you in India? If yes, can we connect?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
today is Friday...3 more hours to drop the scores. they are about to make a draw..they are worried....its not happening above 450...they are discussing to make a draw or not....

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, something weird happened - my consultancy called me up yesterday and asked me if I got any notification regarding EE profile. I said 'No', and I confirmed that I have been checking my emails / spam folders etc on a regular basis, and I haven't got anything.

She said it seems there was some technical screw up. This is what she told me - 'Since you were interested for Ontario, I sent a follow up email to our lawyer who has filed your EE to check if there was anything happening, he opened your EE profile and noticed you had received a notification and now that is expired.' :'(

Anyone else here who has got a similar story to share?

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, there were a few invites sent on Friday, I got mine. Gathering docs now for submitting application.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
rohitbites said:
Well, something weird happened - my consultancy called me up yesterday and asked me if I got any notification regarding EE profile. I said 'No', and I confirmed that I have been checking my emails / spam folders etc on a regular basis, and I haven't got anything.

She said it seems there was some technical screw up. This is what she told me - 'Since you were interested for Ontario, I sent a follow up email to our lawyer who has filed your EE to check if there was anything happening, he opened your EE profile and noticed you had received a notification and now that is expired.' :'(

Anyone else here who has got a similar story to share?
OUCH. :(
You tell your lawyer and see what they can do with MCIIT/OINP since this is clear negligence on their part.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm. I was a bit disappointed, but since my CRS stands at 427, I am keeping realistic hopes of getting ITA by end of this year. Meanwhile, my lawyer has re-entered my profile in the express entry pool and is actively following up.

Canada has elections on Oct 19, and lets see what unfolds now. There have been quite some dissatisfaction around the express entry not being able to cater to the USP they introduced early this year. One of the reports mentions out of 74000 targeted to be absorbed in 2015, they have managed to absorb only 24000 applicants most of whom were already there in Canada with temporary work visas. That leaves a HUGE backlog for next year, and also, I read in those reports that the mid-size and small size companies aren't able to get new skillset employed inspite of having ample open positions in their respective industries due to LMIA scenes. They too seem to out pour their woes.

In a nutshell, we can hope some changes coming up for good sooner.

All the best. :)

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
rohitbites said:
Hmm. I was a bit disappointed, but since my CRS stands at 427, I am keeping realistic hopes of getting ITA by end of this year. Meanwhile, my lawyer has re-entered my profile in the express entry pool and is actively following up.

Canada has elections on Oct 19, and lets see what unfolds now. There have been quite some dissatisfaction around the express entry not being able to cater to the USP they introduced early this year. One of the reports mentions out of 74000 targeted to be absorbed in 2015, they have managed to absorb only 24000 applicants most of whom were already there in Canada with temporary work visas. That leaves a HUGE backlog for next year, and also, I read in those reports that the mid-size and small size companies aren't able to get new skillset employed inspite of having ample open positions in their respective industries due to LMIA scenes. They too seem to out pour their woes.

In a nutshell, we can hope some changes coming up for good sooner.

All the best. :)
It is very unlikely that scores will drop to 427 by end of the year. Call your consultant and ask for a refund.

Then create a fresh profile and hope to get Ontario PT. Your consultant is screwing you up.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
One_Topsy said:
It is very unlikely that scores will drop to 427 by end of the year. Call your consultant and ask for a refund.

Then create a fresh profile and hope to get Ontario PT. Your consultant is screwing you up.
Exactly. Your consultant is misleading you if he/she has led you to believe the scores could drop to 420s by the end of this year. In fact, it might not happen even in 2016 for all we know. (Really, we have folks here stuck at 449 for a year now!)

And again, even if a PT mail from Ontario has expired, you would still see it in your list of messages - not sure why your consultant would say "oh, you did not see the mail? It has expired, and you lost an opportunity. I blame you!". Ask for access to your MyCIC account and confirm it yourself, if possible. This has happened to folks I know, and it is among the reasons I decided not to use an agent/consultant for this - when you ask for a refund, you are blamed for lost opportunities and they refuse a refund on those grounds.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I checked with my consultant, and she said they have created a fresh profile and added it to EE as on Oct 15, 2015. And they aren't charging me anything for it. So I am good to go until October 2016. Hoping to be picked up again. :D

And the part where I mentioned that scores would drop was actually from an article I read on the internet - http://www.immigration.ca/fr/canada-immigration-blog/188-canada-immigration-news-articles/2015/october/2024-express-entry-immigration-overview-the-first-9-months.html

This is an interesting read. :D