+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PT- Anyone got PT from OONP recently

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
bestofluck , rajkamalmohanram, my friends - I've been where you are right now. What I can say is that you should forget about it.

Yes, forget about it... BUT don't stop trying to resubmit your profiles (at least twice a month).

I say this because I got the PT at the time I was least expecting it. Actually I wasn't expecting it anymore!!!!
I had moved on with my life just hoping for the scores to drop to 440's.

But when I thought I should resubmit one more time just for the heck of it, I got one, thank God.

The bottom line here is that don't be too expectant and just go on with your lives as if you're never going to receive one anymore (cross fingers).

But don't lose hope. They're still sending PTs out. The latest I saw was October 8. This means you still have a chance!

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope you are right T365. I desperately need a PT. I do believe that not all people accept and apply for PT's, especially those above 450. So there might be some hope left for us after all.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
T365 said:
bestofluck , rajkamalmohanram, my friends - I've been where you are right now. What I can say is that you should forget about it.

Yes, forget about it... BUT don't stop trying to resubmit your profiles (at least twice a month).

I say this because I got the PT at the time I was least expecting it. Actually I wasn't expecting it anymore!!!!

But when I thought I should resubmit one more time just for the heck of it, I got one, thank God.

The bottom line here is that don't be too expectant and just go on with your lives as if you're never going to receive one anymore (cross fingers).

But don't lose hope. They're still sending PTs out. The latest I saw was October 8. This means you still have a chance!
Thanks a ton buddy! Very reassuring :) . Hope people who are expecting an Ontario PT get one. I hear that Ontario doesn't reject applications unless you've made some serious error (unmatching NOC etc). So, let's all do it correctly and lets get this done! All the very best!!!!!

memoff2

Nov 10, 2013
Hi all, does anyone with noc 7246 receives a pt notification?

What is basis for withdraw and re-submit the profile? Does pt purely depend on luck?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
T365 said:

Still i Dont think resubmitting works. When u submit ur profile they give a priority number to everyone above 440. They select people as per priority numbers, There are people joining in and when your turn comes you get PT. This is where they fix a quota of sending PT. IF they send 20 PT every week, and there are less numbers of joining people above 400 in that week the old people get chance. This way I am already given priority number even if i resubmit or not, I may get Pt when my turn comes.

This is again a ranking system that works.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Still i Dont think resubmitting works. When u submit ur profile they give a priority number to everyone above 440. They select people as per priority numbers, There are people joining in and when your turn comes you get PT. This is where they fix a quota of sending PT. IF they send 20 PT every week, and there are less numbers of joining people above 400 in that week the old people get chance. This way I am already given priority number even if i resubmit or not, I may get Pt when my turn comes.

This is again a ranking system that works.
This is not a true ranking system like CRS. People with 400 points have also gotten PT given that there are thousands of applicants between them and 450. In my opinion the two contributing factors that are most important are NOC availability and IELTS scores.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
They have to see their requirements too. They see the NOC and give ranks. Whats wrong in it. All are ranked. Wait for your chance

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
farazh89 said:
This is not a true ranking system like CRS. People with 400 points have also gotten PT given that there are thousands of applicants between them and 450. In my opinion the two contributing factors that are most important are NOC availability and IELTS scores.
Well, i see your point but I personally think they send out random invites. My NOC is 2174 and my IELTS scores are 9977 (LRWS) and I think my scores are at least decent if not great! So, I think the picks are random and they don't "filter".

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
rafzy said:
Yes... People are still getting PTs for OOPNP
\
Hi Rafzy,
I got PT Notification 15-20 days back. So if I apply does it guarantee me an ITA?

I haven't filled it till now because I am waiting for 16'th draw I am sitting at 435 with Noc 0124

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
karandeepwalia said:
\
Hi Rafzy,
I got PT Notification 15-20 days back. So if I apply does it guarantee me an ITA?

I haven't filled it till now because I am waiting for 16'th draw I am sitting at 435 with Noc 0124
Not Rafzy here, but just saying - I suggest you apply for it. I don't see the cut-off score dropping below 450 (445 maybe, but definitely not in the 430~ range) any time soon. If you have your documents in order, I don't see why you shouldn't apply for it right away.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
karandeepwalia said:
\
Hi Rafzy,

Apply to Ontario right away...dont waste it :eek: :eek:

It's not likely the scores will come that low

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
One_Topsy said:
Apply to Ontario right away...dont waste it :eek: :eek:

It's not likely the scores will come that low
its like 1500 CAD and that is not much but still a huge amount. Does it guarantee? That I will be given out a nomination because somehow I feel the Fee is non-refundable.
Please guide if anyone knows about it or has done it :) Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
karandeepwalia said:
its like 1500 CAD and that is not much but still a huge amount. Does it guarantee? That I will be given out a nomination because somehow I feel the Fee is non-refundable.
Please guide if anyone knows about it or has done it :) Thanks
Yes the fee is non-refundable. But below are the points to consider :

1) Toronto and Ottawa are in Ontario. Toronto is home to more than 11,000 hi-tech firms (Google Greater Toronto Area - GTA). It is also the heart of all financial institutions in Canada.

2) Ontario does not refuse a person arbitrarily. Since they charge a processing fee, they scrutinize applications with great care. Unless you you commit a blunder (like choose a irrelevant NOC, write a very lame settlement plan etc), the chances are rejection are relatively less to other provinces like Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia.

3) Considering you do things correctly, this 1500 CAD is an investment, not an expenditure.

4) Almost 45 - 50% of the immigrants immigrate to Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal. And guess where Toronto is! Yea! In Ontario.

5) There are hell a lot of jobs out there in Ontario. Even if you do not get a job in your field immediately, you will get an opportunity to take some time and start gaining "Canadian Work Experience" that almost all Canadian Employers crave for.

6) Niagara falls is near by ;) .

So, I guess the above mentioned reasons would give you some time to think and decide carefully!

All the very best.. Keep us posted!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes the fee is non-refundable. But below are the points to consider :

1) Toronto and Ottawa are in Ontario. Toronto is home to more than 11,000 hi-tech firms (Google Greater Toronto Area - GTA). It is also the heart of all financial institutions in Canada.

2) Ontario does not refuse a person arbitrarily. Since they charge a processing fee, they scrutinize applications with great care. Unless you you commit a blunder (like choose a irrelevant NOC, write a very lame settlement plan etc), the chances are rejection are relatively less to other provinces like Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia.

3) Considering you do things correctly, this 1500 CAD is an investment, not an expenditure.

4) Almost 45 - 50% of the immigrants immigrate to Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal. And guess where Toronto is! Yea! In Ontario.

5) There are hell a lot of jobs out there in Ontario. Even if you do not get a job in your field immediately, you will get an opportunity to take some time and start gaining "Canadian Work Experience" that almost all Canadian Employers crave for.

6) Niagara falls is near by ;) .

So, I guess the above mentioned reasons would give you some time to think and decide carefully!

All the very best.. Keep us posted!
+1 for such motivation bro ... You rock ! 8)

karandeepwalia said:
\
Hi Rafzy,

If you get nominated and you probably will, then you are guaranteed an ITA cause your score would be way over 1000 points.