16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
As soon as I receive the magical maple sticker!!
Hi Pradeesh,

I emailed OOPNP to clarify this confusion. However, they confused me even more. Per their clarification, only principal applicant should apply for OWP and TRV. In case dependants need TRV form to be filled, CIC will inform us. They've asked me to contact CIC call center and clarify if further clarification is required, which I definitely require.

Now problem is, CIC has only a within Canada reachable toll-free no. I could not find any phone no. which I can dial from outside Canada. Nor could I find an email id where we can send these queries for clarification. All this is too confusing as the procedure for filing an OWP for provincial nominees is not clearly mentioned on their website.

Anyone, having more details ... kindly advise. More clarification is appreciated!!

Regards,
Rane

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
pradeeshma said:
Page 8 of 34 from Guide says

May my spouse or common-law partner and children work in Canada?

In order to work in Canada, your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children must
apply for their own work permit and must meet the same standards, including the LMO requirement, if
applicable that regularly applies to the issuance of work permits.
They may, however apply for their work permit from within Canada. This guide does not provide general
information about obtaining a work permit for your spouse or common-law partner or your dependent
children. For more details including definitions, responsibilities, and conditions of eligibility, refer to our
website.
Hi Pradessh ,
Thanks for the informartion , I think is is wise not to apply OWP for spouse ,as long as we can apply after reaching Canada , most of us want to get there as soon as possible.. and we do not need any obstacle that may dely the OWP , so for me I think that I will apply for myself at the current situatuion

But Please guys I have a question regarding the required fees , we are 4 family members , how much should we pay for OWP application ,and what applicatios should I fill for 4 years and 2 years old kids ?

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
AoA all. hope every one is fine and doing well.

my application is in final stages to send CIO. i have some confusion and i request you to answer me following question as i have asked it before too.. but still confusion..please specially Maryam and Malisa and all experts.......thanks...

1) Canada sent us nominee certificate stamped COPY on it....should i send this original(with stamped COPY) or should i send the copy of it...?

2) Canada sent us on letter(based on 4 pages with nominee certificate). Should we send original letter or should we send a copy of it?
This is the letter in which general information is given like WELCOME TO ONTARIO and so on....

3) should we send a notarized photo copies of all the document like our passport, ID cards.. and so on?

4) Should we send the original Police certificates?

5) what should be format and size of the self-addressed mailing labels..whether it is on separate A4 size paper for English or Urdu or something like this...?

6) only 1 DD is enough for all family members for fee or should i make separate DD to pay fee?
I have made ONE DD for all family members....

7) how CIO will recognize the DD that is my DD in case if they misplace DD because there is no option to write DD number on the fee form?

8 ) is it CHC - London or is it CIC - London....immigration office for Pakistanis ?

i would be very thankfull to you guys if you reply me urgent ..thank you so much ..

Thank you so much

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Hi Maryam ,
Yesterday Wendy answered a question posted by a FSW PNP , asking about whether to apply for an OWP for spouse and the answer was :

" No, you only need to apply for your open work permit. This open work permit will allow your spouse to work as well. She does not need to apply for a separate Temporary Resident Visa "

can you please tell me your understanding of the above lines ?

Maryam.A

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2012
Nomination.....
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-12-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Dear Hadeel
As you said earlier I think it's wise to apply just for ourselves for now, and if they don't issue an OPW for our spouses then we apply for them inside the Canada.

Dear Zain :
1) I got a copy of it,but sent the original to CIC
2) I sent a copy of it too
3) Each document which is not in English need a notarized copy of it .
4)Yes you should send the original PCC
5)It doesn't matter ( I provided them at A5 size)
6)yes it is enough ( I used 1 DD for 2 person)
7)you can write your name with pencil on the back of it but it is not important because it is included in your application
8 ).... (don't know)

Good luck

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Hello Rane/Hadeel/Maryam
Even i couldnt reach any conclusion after talking to VFS/ OntPNP. Looks like its better to apply for a OWP only for the principal applicant paying 150 CAD and then see.

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Hi All ,
Among all the application that I have filled since 2006 till now , the OWP application is the most confusing one ,

Guys I have a very important question , As per the check list , we should send the original passport ,

Shall you send the original passport for all family members with the OWP application ???

Khan78

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th NOV-12
Doc's Request.
21st March-13
Nomination.....
18th Sept-12
AOR Received.
28th Jan-13
IELTS Request
Already sent
Med's Request
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
zain92 said:
AoA all. hope every one is fine and doing well.

my application is in final stages to send CIO. i have some confusion and i request you to answer me following question as i have asked it before too.. but still confusion..please specially Maryam and Malisa and all experts.......thanks...

1) Canada sent us nominee certificate stamped COPY on it....should i send this original(with stamped COPY) or should i send the copy of it...?

2) Canada sent us on letter(based on 4 pages with nominee certificate). Should we send original letter or should we send a copy of it?
This is the letter in which general information is given like WELCOME TO ONTARIO and so on....

3) should we send a notarized photo copies of all the document like our passport, ID cards.. and so on?

4) Should we send the original Police certificates?

5) what should be format and size of the self-addressed mailing labels..whether it is on separate A4 size paper for English or Urdu or something like this...?

6) only 1 DD is enough for all family members for fee or should i make separate DD to pay fee?
I have made ONE DD for all family members....

7) how CIO will recognize the DD that is my DD in case if they misplace DD because there is no option to write DD number on the fee form?

8 ) is it CHC - London or is it CIC - London....immigration office for Pakistanis ?

i would be very thankfull to you guys if you reply me urgent ..thank you so much ..

Thank you so much
Dear Zain,

All your queries have been answered by Maryam except the last one, its CHC-London( Canadian high commission- London). if u r from Pakistan then only notarized copies of CNIC along with translation is required as all the remaining docs are in both languages.

Regards,

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Thank you so much Khan78...

so should we send the original transaction notarized document or copy of that because i have already english translation certificate of my ID cards when i submitted my document for PNP in MAY2012......

PLEASE REPLY I WOULD BE GREATFULL

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Hadeel1234 said:
Hi All ,
Among all the application that I have filled since 2006 till now , the OWP application is the most confusing one ,

Guys I have a very important question , As per the check list , we should send the original passport ,

Shall you send the original passport for all family members with the OWP application ???
Yes its required. The Check list says "Original Valid passport only if you or your family members require a TRV"

Maryam.A

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2012
Nomination.....
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-12-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
pradeeshma said:
Yes its required. The Check list says "Original Valid passport only if you or your family members require a TRV"
Check it with your Visa Office, some visa offices like Ankara don't need the Original Passport at the beginning, they will request for Passports after their process is finalized.

InoAbd

Dec 18, 2012
Dears

Today i was checking cic website and found that from 15 December 2012 we can submit forms on-line [mentioned below] , no need to print form / submit forms / mailing issues ....

" You can apply on-line for some types of application. To find out if you can use this on-line service, select the application type you wish to apply for. "

I have support letter for Open Work Permit OWP and i am from saudia , can any one guide me to apply on-line or should i go normal manual case ???

Any exp ? any input is welcome ..

some of you people really helping us , thanks in advacne .

Khan78

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th NOV-12
Doc's Request.
21st March-13
Nomination.....
18th Sept-12
AOR Received.
28th Jan-13
IELTS Request
Already sent
Med's Request
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
zain92 said:
Thank you so much Khan78...

so should we send the original transaction notarized document or copy of that because i have already english translation certificate of my ID cards when i submitted my document for PNP in MAY2012......

PLEASE REPLY I WOULD BE GREATFULL
Dear zain,

you have to send the original translation along with affidavit from the translator duly notorized by oath commissioner. Furthermore you have to send notorized copy of CNIC as well.

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I got nomination under FSW Pilot , Ontario Opportunities and received a support letter for open work permit as well.

Although the cover page mentions that they support work permit application for me and my immediate family but the formal support letter mentions only my name and does not say anything about support of my spouse.

Now I have to apply for Open work permit for myself and my question is: With my work permit application, should my wife apply for her open work permit or she should apply only for TRV as she wasn't mentioned in the support letter?

In other words can she use my(main applicant) support letter for her (Dependent) work permit, even if the formal support letter is mentioning only my (main applicant) name?

any help will be much appreciated.
Like · · Saturday at 6:43am

Study, Work, Stay: Opportunities Ontario Hi , No, you only need to apply for your open work permit. This open work permit will allow your spouse to work as well. She does not need to apply for a separate Temporary Resident Visa.