+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream

nkkumar

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
any news about ontario PT. I applied in march and i didnt receive any updated regarding this. Did any one get their PT?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
nkkumar said:
any news about ontario PT. I applied in march and i didnt receive any updated regarding this. Did any one get their PT?
Ontario has not been sending any fresh PTs since mid Feb, except for French Speaking Stream. There have been no updates from OINP in this regard. I am assuming that they may start sending PTs by mid May.

Pushpaacna

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi,

I have a 3 years Bachelors (Hons) followed by a 1 year Masters. WES evaluated this as

'Bachelor Degree (3 years) and bachelor degree (4 years)'

In my EE profile, Should I claim points for 'Bachelors degree (3 years or more)' OR 'two or more degrees where one is for three or more years'. In the second instance I will get an extra point.

What do you suggest?

Secondly, My wife's ECA has her maiden name on it without my title (because she was unmarried at the time of her studies). But her passport and other recent documents (post-marriage) all have my surname as her family name/last name. Is it a problem?

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Pushpaacna said:
Hi,

I have a 3 years Bachelors (Hons) followed by a 1 year Masters. WES evaluated this as

'Bachelor Degree (3 years) and bachelor degree (4 years)'

In my EE profile, Should I claim points for 'Bachelors degree (3 years or more)' OR 'two or more degrees where one is for three or more years'. In the second instance I will get an extra point.

What do you suggest? - You can select 'two or more degrees...' option.

Secondly, My wife's ECA has her maiden name on it without my title (because she was unmarried at the time of her studies). But her passport and other recent documents (post-marriage) all have my surname as her family name/last name. Is it a problem? - No this will not be a problem as it is understood that spouse will have the maiden name on educational certificates before marriage.

Thanks

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Quoting a discussion that happened in "OINP Application sent in November 2015" thread:

rohitbites said:
Guys - I want to share my unusual experience -

I had applied on Nov 16th 2015, CRS 421. Over all these months I didnt receive any communication or update from the Ontario office. I called them up day before yesterday and spoke to the operator informing her of my situation and also pointing out that my DD was to expire next week and I was worried.

Guess what she told me? - she took my first name and last name, and replied - 'Sir, during the time we received your application in Nov, we had reached the OOPNP cap for 2015 quota. So we pushed it to 2016 quota. So the date of your application rcvd is MARCH 7th 2016. So your processing time starts from that date. As of now, your file is open for review and you should hear from us soon.'

I don't know how to react to this. :-\
Skvach said:
C'mon ppl! There is nothing wrong with the answer!

November applicants are in 2016 quota - check your AOR - its says 20160XXXX

Mine file number is 16011xx meaning that 1000 ppl were given AORs before me and they all are from 2016 quota.

The lady on the phone ment that MARCH 7th 2016 is your AOR date, mine for example is 21 of March.

From this date we should count 90 days, because only after they opened you parcel and checked it they consider it as complete.

2015 quota was finished in the first week of last November or even earlier.

2016 quota was probably finished in the first week of February, coz they have more than 1000 applications a month - that's why they don't send PTs. Total number of November, December and January applicants for sure will more than 3000 ppl.

Thats why I always ask ppl to post their file numbers - so we could see the situation with quotas!
Looks like 2016 OINP quota might have already exhausted and it may not open again soon.

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
It would be nice if, in case this is true (and it unfortunately makes sense), they would officially post it on the OI website so people can explore other options.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Didona84 said:
It would be nice if, in case this is true (and it unfortunately makes sense), they would officially post it on the OI website so people can explore other options.
I believe they are not officially announcing it since the number of nominations for 2016 is not yet decided. For 2015, the number of nominations was 2700.

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
ajithj said:
I believe they are not officially announcing it since the number of nominations for 2016 is not yet decided. For 2015, the number of nominations was 2700.
That is low, I hope my application doesn't get push out to 2017 (I sent my documents on March) :eek:

Gagan1981

Apr 29, 2015
So ontario has provided an update regarding the PTs. 2016 quota reached and no more PTs till atleast nov 2016.
Source: ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/

kalerv

May 16, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Did anyone receive AOR in April or May and I was wondering if someone has any understanding about, how this hold on OINP PT's would be effecting the submitted files.

Thanks

PT Received: 17-Dec
File Submitted: 25- Jan
File Received: 27- Jan
AOR: Waiting

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kalerv said:
Hi Guys,

Did anyone receive AOR in April or May and I was wondering if someone has any understanding about, how this hold on OINP PT's would be effecting the submitted files.

Thanks

PT Received: 17-Dec
File Submitted: 25- Jan
File Received: 27- Jan
AOR: Waiting
This does not have ANY effect on applicants who have already sent their applications.