+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
fatehelps said:
My CRS is 404 and waiting for PT notification.

Meanwhile wanted to plan POF documents. I got about 17% of POF funds in the form of PF statements (both of my wife and mine)

Although I am the primary applicant, wife's name is included in the application and she's the secondary applicant.

Experts, please advice if Provident fund statement issued by my employer is acceptable for OINP / EE process. Thanks in advance.

Friend_2000

Mar 7, 2016
Dear Seniors,

Sorry If I am going to ask something that might have been answered in earlier pages, would appreciate if you could guide me regarding:

1. I have CSR of 437 since a month back, didnt get any PT nomination, should I try deleting my profile and creating a new one?

2. As I saw a few pages back, Ontario is currently not issuing any PT nominations after Feb, 2016 - Any expected timeline by when it will be reopened?

3. Does Ontario consider provident fund and property evaluation as proof of funds (property is in my name, I have some bank account funds as well but might need some additional funds, can I do that with my property evaluation).

Lastly, is there any whatsapp group working which can add me up, so that as soon as this stream gets open again, I could know about it instantly.

thanks & Regards,

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
fatehelps said:
My CRS is 404 and waiting for PT notification.

Meanwhile wanted to plan POF documents. I got about 17% of POF funds in the form of PF statements (both of my wife and mine)

Although I am the primary applicant, wife's name is included in the application and she's the secondary applicant.

Experts, please advice if Provident fund statement issued by my employer is acceptable for OINP / EE process. Thanks in advance.
Ideally, POF has to be in primary applicant's name. If there are any funds in your wife's name, then you need to get a self declaration from your wife stating that she is the co-applicant in your PR application and these funds (mention details of funds) are to be used for migration purposes and she has no objection for the same. You also need to submit all the POFs along with a Letter of Explanation detailing out your case.

Employee Provident Fund can be considered as proof of funds as you can withdraw the whole amount after you have resigned and you will get the proceeds credited to your account in 90 days. But, you will have to submit necessary documents in this regard. You can submit PF statements from employer, but I think the PF statements issued by EPF Office will be more valid. I am not sure of the procedure of getting the PF statements from EPF Office, may be you can research about the same. I have read on the forum where someone has submitted EPF as proof of funds. You can look up the same on the forum.

You can submit other documents like bank statements (single, joint etc), FD receipts, RD statements, Post Office Savings etc if applicable.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Thanks a lot Stalin. I have a peculiar question now. You should try your best to answer it.

My wife and I have jointly planned to save about 30% of the overall POF value within 6 months through our salary. We are somehow managing to do this by leading a frugal life. Our salary package per annum jointly exceeds the overall POF requirement for our family of 3 members and this savings of 30% thro' salary is greatly possible from my point of opinion. Should I just submit pay slips for 6 months and the relevant bank statements or should attach some letter of explanation.

The reason why I think i should write is if Immigration Ontario wanted to see my past 1 year statement, I would probably have no balance before 6 months. All the maintenance of 30% ofPOF have begun only for the last 6 months. Kindly advice.

Stanlee said:
Ideally, POF has to be in primary applicant's name. If there are any funds in your wife's name, then you need to get a self declaration from your wife stating that she is the co-applicant in your PR application and these funds (mention details of funds) are to be used for migration purposes and she has no objection for the same. You also need to submit all the POFs along with a Letter of Explanation detailing out your case.

Employee Provident Fund can be considered as proof of funds as you can withdraw the whole amount after you have resigned and you will get the proceeds credited to your account in 90 days. But, you will have to submit necessary documents in this regard. You can submit PF statements from employer, but I think the PF statements issued by EPF Office will be more valid. I am not sure of the procedure of getting the PF statements from EPF Office, may be you can research about the same. I have read on the forum where someone has submitted EPF as proof of funds. You can look up the same on the forum.

You can submit other documents like bank statements (single, joint etc), FD receipts, RD statements, Post Office Savings etc if applicable.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
fatehelps said:
Thanks a lot Stalin. I have a peculiar question now. You should try your best to answer it.

My wife and I have jointly planned to save about 30% of the overall POF value within 6 months through our salary. We are somehow managing to do this by leading a frugal life. Our salary package per annum jointly exceeds the overall POF requirement for our family of 3 members and this savings of 30% thro' salary is greatly possible from my point of opinion. Should I just submit pay slips for 6 months and the relevant bank statements or should attach some letter of explanation.

The reason why I think i should write is if Immigration Ontario wanted to see my past 1 year statement, I would probably have no balance before 6 months. All the maintenance of 30% ofPOF have begun only for the last 6 months. Kindly advice.
If OINP asks you for 1 year bank statements, just send them 1 year bank statements and write a letter of explanation telling that you have saved the money from your salary. If they ask for it and if you don't send them, they might smell rat and it would raise a ref flag IMO.

So, in conclusion, give them what they ask for - not too much and not too less. You can always write a letter of explanation and explain your situation.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Thanks rajkamal. OINP asks for only 6 months statements. Give only what they ask. Your opinion is any information dated backwards more than 6 months would lead to digging up more into the case and cause delay on decision making. Did I understand right?

From your actual case, pls educate me if 6 months bank statements and pay slips of both my wife and I would suffice? Should I provide source of income to all funds that I gathered for POF???

rajkamalmohanram said:
If OINP asks you for 1 year bank statements, just send them 1 year bank statements and write a letter of explanation telling that you have saved the money from your salary. If they ask for it and if you don't send them, they might smell rat and it would raise a ref flag IMO.

So, in conclusion, give them what they ask for - not too much and not too less. You can always write a letter of explanation and explain your situation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
fatehelps said:
Thanks rajkamal. OINP asks for only 6 months statements. Give only what they ask. Your opinion is any information dated backwards more than 6 months would lead to digging up more into the case and cause delay on decision making. Did I understand right?

From your actual case, pls educate me if 6 months bank statements and pay slips of both my wife and I would suffice? Should I provide source of income to all funds that I gathered for POF???
Not necessarily information dated backwards. Only provided what is asked for - nothing more, nothing less.

If the dependent in the application doesn't have Canadian work experience, then, their payslips wouldn't be asked. I mean - you wouldn't have mentioned that job in the work history section so they wouldn't ask for documents. The payslips and bank statements showing salary credits + updated POF might be asked for the PA. Get the bank letter and statements only after you get the request - I don't suggest doing it beforehand. Source of income need not be provided until and unless the officer has specifically asked for it.

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
Stanlee said:

Hi Stanlee,

Would you happen to know how often Ontario deals with pension funds as POF? Or how well accepted they are... I called them about this issue and they told me they prefer to see the money in the bank, which is ideal, obviously.

I have most of my savings in a Swiss pension fund and I always wonder if should pay the 1,500 application fee when my POF are in this form.

Thanks,

Serge

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SergeSD said:
Hi Stanlee,

Would you happen to know how often Ontario deals with pension funds as POF? Or how well accepted they are... I called them about this issue and they told me they prefer to see the money in the bank, which is ideal, obviously.

I have most of my savings in a Swiss pension fund and I always wonder if should pay the 1,500 application fee when my POF are in this form.

Thanks,

Serge
Pension funds are most certainly cannot be used as POF, IMO. As the name suggests, they are not readily cashable, are they? Pension funds are generally not liquid and hence, I don't think you can use this as POF. You can however liquidate it and then use it.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
SergeSD said:
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks,

Serge
As per the requirement, the funds that you declare as POF should be unencumbered and readily transferable. As far as I am aware, pension funds can be withdrawn only once you retire or sometimes you are allowed to do partial withdrawals. I am not sure about the pension fund withdrawal guidelines in Switzerland. If you are able to do a partial withdrawal from the funds and the proceeds are transferred to your bank account, you can use them as POF.

Even after partial withdrawal if you are not able to meet the fund requirement, you can consider borrowing money from your parents or siblings (bank transfer). You need not show this as a loan, instead you can show it as a gift and get a Gift Deed executed for the same. Later once you get through and have other sources to support POF you can return the amount to your parents/siblings.

For Gift Deed, you can check this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gift-money-declaration-from-father-to-son-outline-t347593.0.html

Even after trying multiple alternatives, you are not able to meet the fund requirement, then in that case there is no point spending CAD 1500. Instead, you can give it some time to save up some money and then apply.

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
rajkamalmohanram said:
Pension funds are most certainly cannot be used as POF, IMO. As the name suggests, they are not readily cashable, are they? Pension funds are generally not liquid and hence, I don't think you can use this as POF.
They are here. As long as you leave the country for good, which is the point.

I know Saskatchewan accepts them and so does Nova Scotia. I was just hoping that Ontario did the same

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
SergeSD said:
They are here. As long as you leave the country for good, which is the point.

I know Sakatchewan accepts them and so does Nova Scotia. I was just hoping that Ontario did the same
If you can liquidate pension funds, it would be advisable to do that and have the proceeds transferred to your bank account. This way, you will not miss out on the OINP opportunity that you have got at hand.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Along with the PoF you can write a LoE explaining this and provide any official links / document to prove this.

Most likely they will accept it and process the application further.