+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

Blobber

Oct 8, 2014
Same here. I got a call from Ontario PNP Program on Monday asking me questions about where I live now what I do, if I have a job and if I get paid. I am OPNP Master Stream without job offer.

AOR: April 6, 2014
Medicals done and received: April 2014
RPRF: May 6, 2014
Call from Ontario PNP: October 6, 2014
In Process: --------

LibraNova

Jul 11, 2014
Blobber said:
Same here. I got a call from Ontario PNP Program on Monday asking me questions about where I live now what I do, if I have a job and if I get paid. I am OPNP Master Stream without job offer.

did you ask them what was the reason of the call and how long they expect the QA to run.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Blobber said:

Does this mean that those who are without jobs should immediately try to find any kind of jobs to be on the safe side?

Blobber

Oct 8, 2014
the officer said he was not allowed to disclose the purpose of the call except for the fact they were following up as a request from the federal government. I already guessed that considering that they emailed and then called me on the 6th which is my due date.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
LibraNova said:
This happened to many people who applied through ON-PNP and the passport was returned without stamping. Go to the first page of this forum to see the email that applicants received that will give you better understanding of the picture.
Have you applied for GCMS notes? Perhaps it might shed some light as to what stage your application is at.

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Has any one who applied before Jan 2014 got a call from PNP or CIC for verification of their current address and job status?

shadash

Aug 7, 2014
LibraNova said:
Are you an inland applicant? Did you inquire what is the issue ?

yes i am, I have sent several emails ... no answer I am going to apply for the GSMC note, to figure out why it has taken this long.... I applied with bunch of friends all of them got theirs more than 6 month ago

Blobber

Oct 8, 2014
you should not because you applied under a stream where no job offer is required. that is why I am very perplexed with the conduct of the Governments.

Evidently the Federal does not like this program, and yet they approved it and gave the Province the power to run it. The Province should step in and demand that their PNP Nominees be treated the same as the ones from other Provinces. However, to this day, (I may be wrong but) I have not found a piece of information showing the Province is taking action.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
shadash said:
yes i am, I have sent several emails ... no answer I am going to apply for the GSMC note, to figure out why it has taken this long.... I applied with bunch of friends all of them got theirs more than 6 month ago
Did you get your ON PNP via no-job-offer stream? What about your friends? When were all of your application received by CIC dates?

Blobber said:
you should not because you applied under a stream where no job offer is required. that is why I am very perplexed with the conduct of the Governments.

Evidently the Federal does not like this program, and yet they approved it and gave the Province the power to run it. The Province should step in and demand that their PNP Nominees be treated the same as the ones from other Provinces. However, to this day, (I may be wrong but) I have not found a piece of information showing the Province is taking action.
I agree, even if no-job-offer stream is such a concern, CIC should follow-up on the promise and process all existing PNP PR applications they have in their backlog now, then have ON-PNP stop giving out certificates on this stream from next year onwards. That is the fair route they should take. Also, we are not the only province to offer no-job-offer PNP cert, BC does it too. Why ain't these BC PNP applicants going through a similar QA process???

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Blobber said:

Since we belong to economic class, CIC expected that we should contribute to the economic by having a job. Hence, even though we applied under no job offer stream, we should actively look for job. The fund that you submitted to ON PNP was only for one year. They reasonably expected that you should find a job after a year, from the time you submitted your application for nomination. Otherwise, this is questionable about your ability to settle down in Canada. I know it's hard to find a job but that what they expected us to do.

I may be wrong. But if you can, find any jobs so that you will be on the safe side.

hawkua

Star Member
May 27, 2014
I actually think it is a positive sign that they started calling people. At least it's some progress, as opposed to have no changes for months.

I don't think that CIC does not like PNP. Few years ago there was a QA exercise for TRVs (visitor visa) - it is just something that CIC does internally to check if all procedures are properly followed etc. The only way this will be negative for PNP is if CIC finds a lot of people nominated by Ontario PNP who cheated or lied on their applications or who did not intend to live in Ontario.

As to us, the unlucky ones who applied right before the QA, I hope that the calls mean that QA will finish soon and we will be back to normal processing.

Blobber said:

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
I was very confused as to why the Ontario government is doing this QA seing as the processes for applying to PR are different (Prov vs Fed) but I do think that it is encouraging to know that this is mandated by the federal government. We might not see any progress on ecas but there is progress seeing that the feds have sort of sub-contracted the provincial government to do some checks.
To those without a job, I would say do not worry about the calls specifically. The government expects you to contribute but the PNP makes concession in realizing that it might take some time for you to gain employment. The point is to crack down on cases of misrepresentation so I genuinely believe that those who have done everything the right and proper way should not be worried about the calls per se...we should definitely arm ourselves with lots of patience though.
Blobber said: