+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On a casual note... LESSONS OF LIFE -Enjoy it's every Moment !!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Ten lessons to learn from the JAPANESE - Post Tsunami

1. THE CALM. -Not a single visual of chest-beating or wild-grief anywhere. Sorrow itself has been elevated.

2. THE DIGNITY. -Disciplined queues for water & groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture seen anywhere.

3. THE ABILITY. -The incredible architects, for instance. Buildings swayed but didn’t fall.

4. THE GRACE. -People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something -- no one goes emply-handed.

5. THE ORDER. -No looting in shops. No honking & no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.

6. THE SACRIFICE. -Fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the N-reactors. How will they ever be repaid, appropriately?

7. THE TENDERNESS. -Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.

8. THE TRAINING. -The old & the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. And they exactly did just that.

9. THE MEDIA. -They showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins. No silly reporters... no sensational interviews. Only calm reportage.

10. THE CONSCIENCE. -When the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves & left quietly.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Is it any wonder - they rule the world ?
Qorax

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Ten lessons to learn from the JAPANESE - Post Tsunami

1. THE CALM. -Not a single visual of chest-beating or wild-grief anywhere. Sorrow itself has been elevated.

2. THE DIGNITY. -Disciplined queues for water & groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture seen anywhere.

3. THE ABILITY. -The incredible architects, for instance. Buildings swayed but didn't fall.

4. THE GRACE. -People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something -- no one goes emply-handed.

5. THE ORDER. -No looting in shops. No honking & no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.

6. THE SACRIFICE. -Fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the N-reactors. How will they ever be repaid, appropriately?

7. THE TENDERNESS. -Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.

8. THE TRAINING. -The old & the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. And they exactly did just that.

9. THE MEDIA. -They showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins. No silly reporters... no sensational interviews. Only calm reportage.

10. THE CONSCIENCE. -When the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves & left quietly.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Is it any wonder - they rule the world ?
Qorax
Off course ,its a remarkable example of a great nation.
Thanks Captain

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if it's just a compliment, you can give that.

I was parked in front of the mall wiping off my car.

Coming my way from across the parking lot was what society would
consider a bum. From the looks of him, he had no car, no home, no clean clothes, and no money. There are times when you feel generous but there are other times that you just don't want to be bothered. This was one of those "don't want to be bothered times."

"I hope he doesn't ask me for any money," I thought. He didn't. He came and sat on the curb in front of the bus stop but he didn't look like he could have enough money to even ride the bus.

After a few minutes he spoke. "That's a very pretty car," he said.

I said, "thanks," and continued wiping off my car. He sat there quietly as I worked. The expected plea for money never came.

As the silence between us widened something inside said, "ask him if he needs any help." I was sure that he would say "yes" but I held true to the inner voice.

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

He answered in three simple but profound words that I shall never forget.

I expected nothing but an outstretched grimy hand. He spoke the three words that shook me.

"Don't we all?" he said.

I was feeling high and mighty, successful and important, above a bum in the street, until those three words hit me like a twelve gauge shotgun.

Don't we all?

I needed help. Maybe not for bus fare or a place to sleep, but I
needed help. I reached in my wallet and gave him not only enough for bus fare, but enough to get a warm meal and shelter for the day.

We often look for wisdom in great men and women. We expect it from
those of higher learning and accomplishments.

No matter how much you have, no matter how much you have accomplished, you need help too.

No matter how little you have, no matter how loaded you are with problems, even without money or a place to sleep, you can give help.

Even if it's just a compliment, you can give that.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Believe in Yourself

A business executive was deep in debt and could see no way out. Creditors were closing in on him. Suppliers were demanding payment. He sat on the park thinking if anything could save his Company from bankruptcy. Suddenly an old man appeared before him. “I can see that something is troubling you”, he said. After listening to the executive's woes, the old man said, “I believe I can help you”. He asked the man his name, wrote out a cheque, and pushed it into his hand saying, “Take this money.
Meet me here exactly one year from today, and you can pay me back at that time”. Then he turned and disappeared as quickly as he had come.
The business executive saw in his hand a cheque for $500,000, signed by John D.Rockefeller, one of the richest men in the world. “I can erase my money worries in an instant”, he thought.
Nevertheless, the executive decided to put the cheque in his safe first. He thought, just knowing it was there, would give him the strength to work out a way to save his business. With renewed optimism, he negotiated better deals and got extended terms of payment from c lose some big sales. Within a few months, he was out of debt and making money once again.
Exactly a year later, he returned to the park with that uncashed cheque. The old man did not appear for some time yet the business executive decided to wait for a while more. A while later the old man came along but seemed unmindful of the business executive. He stopped the old man and was about to hand over the cheque with a few words of thanks as well as share his success story. At the same time, he saw a nurse come running up and grabbing the old man. “I'm so glad I caught him”, she cried. “I hope he hasn't been bothering you. He's always escaping from the rest home and telling he is Rockefeller.” And she led the old man away by the arm.

The astonished executive just stood there, stunned. All year long he'd been wheeling and dealing, buying and selling, convinced he had half a million dollars behind him. Suddenly, he realized that it wasn't the money, real or imagined, that had turned his life around. It was his new found self-confidence that gave him the power to achieve anything he went after. He understood that confidence is nothing but the distant vision held positively no matter what comes in between. It comes from one's own commitment and dedication and is entirely internal.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
@kANAMEN..

Good one dear..

Cheers...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Kanamen said:
Believe in Yourself

A business executive was deep in debt and could see no way out. Creditors were closing in on him. Suppliers were demanding payment. He sat on the park thinking if anything could save his Company from bankruptcy. Suddenly an old man appeared before him. “I can see that something is troubling you”, he said. After listening to the executive's woes, the old man said, “I believe I can help you”. He asked the man his name, wrote out a cheque, and pushed it into his hand saying, “Take this money.
Meet me here exactly one year from today, and you can pay me back at that time”. Then he turned and disappeared as quickly as he had come.
The business executive saw in his hand a cheque for $500,000, signed by John D.Rockefeller, one of the richest men in the world. “I can erase my money worries in an instant”, he thought.
Nevertheless, the executive decided to put the cheque in his safe first. He thought, just knowing it was there, would give him the strength to work out a way to save his business. With renewed optimism, he negotiated better deals and got extended terms of payment from c lose some big sales. Within a few months, he was out of debt and making money once again.
Exactly a year later, he returned to the park with that uncashed cheque. The old man did not appear for some time yet the business executive decided to wait for a while more. A while later the old man came along but seemed unmindful of the business executive. He stopped the old man and was about to hand over the cheque with a few words of thanks as well as share his success story. At the same time, he saw a nurse come running up and grabbing the old man. “I'm so glad I caught him”, she cried. “I hope he hasn't been bothering you. He's always escaping from the rest home and telling he is Rockefeller.” And she led the old man away by the arm.

The astonished executive just stood there, stunned. All year long he'd been wheeling and dealing, buying and selling, convinced he had half a million dollars behind him. Suddenly, he realized that it wasn't the money, real or imagined, that had turned his life around. It was his new found self-confidence that gave him the power to achieve anything he went after. He understood that confidence is nothing but the distant vision held positively no matter what comes in between. It comes from one's own commitment and dedication and is entirely internal.
Beautiful !
And the old man wasn't a bum afterall too...

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
* Never Judge By Appearance:

A Salutary Chinese Tale

At the final dinner of an international conference, a delegate turned to the Chinese delegate sitting next to him, pointed to the soup and asked somewhat condescendingly, 'Likee soupee?'
The Chinese gentlemen nodded eagerly.

A little later, it was 'Likee fishee?' and 'Likee meatee?' and 'Likee fruitee?' and always the response was an affable nod.

At the end of the dinner the chairman of the conference introduced the guest speaker of the evening: none other than the Chinese gentleman who delivered a penetrating, witty discourse in impeccable English, much to the astonishment of his American neighbour.

When the speech was over, the speaker turned to his neighbour and with a mischievous twinkle in his eye and asked, 'Likee speechee?'

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I ran into a stranger as he passed by, "Oh, excuse me Please" was my reply.
He said, "Please excuse me too; Wasn't even watching for you."

We were very polite, this stranger and I.
We went on our way and we said good-bye.
But at home a different story is told,
How we treat our loved ones, young and old.
Later that day, cooking the evening meal,

My daughter stood beside me very still.
When I turned, I nearly knocked her down.
"Move out of the way," I said with a frown.
She walked away, her little heart was broken. I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.

While I lay awake in bed,
God's still small voice came to me and said,
"While dealing with a stranger, common courtesy you use,
But the children you love, you seem to abuse.

Look on the kitchen floor,
You'll find some flowers there by the door.
Those are the flowers she brought for you.
She picked them herself: pink, yellow and blue.
She stood quietly not to spoil the surprise, and you never saw the tears in her eyes."

By this time, I felt very small, and now my tears began to fall.
I quietly went and knelt by her bed;
"Wake up, little girl, wake up," I said.
"Are these the flowers you picked for me?"

She smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.
I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.
I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."

I said, "Daughter, I'm sorry for the way I acted today;
I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."

She said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay. I love you anyway."
I said, "Daughter, I love you too, and I do like the flowers, especially the blue."

Are you aware that: If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could
easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our family --an unwise investment indeed.

So what is behind the story?
You know what is the full word of family?
FAMILY= (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER, (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU!

Isn't that neat? Fill life with love and bravery and we shall live a life uncommon.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Don't move, don't breathe... just WATCH>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=jJrzIdDUfT4&vq=medium

When u desire - U can...
Patience & perseverance Pays !

Qorax

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Qorax Ji,

Simply STUNNING.What a human being can achieve is beyond one's imagination.

Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Qorax Ji,

Simply STUNNING.What a human being can achieve is beyond one's imagination.

Regards
Yep. And did u notice what the 'smallest link' does in the end?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Crazy or Stupid ?
Short one... Stay-on & Read... Might provoke us to start thinking, once again >>>

A truck driver was doing his usual delivery at a mental hospital, by parking his vehicle beside an open drain.

Upon finishing his task he discovered a flat tyre. He jacked up the truck and removed the flat tyre to fix the spare. When he was about to tie the bolts, he accidentally dropped all of them [all 4 bolts] in the open drain.

As the drain was deep & yucky he was perplexed as to what should be done?

Just then, a patient from the mental facility walked by. Observing the driver's unease he queried as to why he was looking troubled?

The driver thought to himself, since there was nothing much to be done & this joker couldn't help anyway, just to keep the bugger away, he narrated
the whole incident - and gave a helpless/queer look.

The patient just laughed at the truck driver and said, "Hey, you cannot even fix such a simple problem? No wonder you are destined to remain a truck driver for life".

The driver wasn't amused - that too from a mental guy. "Here is what you can do", said the inmate, "Take one bolt from each of the remaining three wheels and fix it on to this one. Then drive down to the nearest workshop and replace the missing ones. Isn't it that simple my friend".

The truck driver was now spell-bound. Regaining his composure he asked the patient, "How come Sir, you are so smart and intelligent and yet you are here at the mental hospital?"

The patient replied... "hello friend! I stay here because I am crazy - but not stupid, you see".

Isn't it a fact of life, that we, and many around us, often behave like the Truck Driver - thinking that others are just stupid. So fellas, though we all are learned and wise, yet let us watch out - there could be some CRAZY guys in our professional/personal lives, who could give us lot of quick fixes - when we need the most !

Moral of the story: Just do not conclude that you know everything and do not judge people by their mere looks / attire / stature OR academic background. One doesn't know when one would need the other... and s/he would probably brush our wisdom too !

Qorax