+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On a casual note... LESSONS OF LIFE -Enjoy it's every Moment !!!

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Captain, I had heard the same story in a different format. I wasn't dog's mouth. It was a human body and the professor inserts the finger in the dead body's a-hole and tastes it. And finally says that it is observation. He uses middle finger to insert and tastes the ring finger.

LOL.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MCBoy said:
@ Captain, I had heard the same story in a different format. I wasn't dog's mouth. It was a human body and the professor inserts the finger in the dead body's a-hole and tastes it. And finally says that it is observation. He uses middle finger to insert and tastes the ring finger.

LOL.
Your OBSERVATION is correct...
It was intended towards positivity & decency.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's always worth reading:

1 * Accept the fact that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue!

2 * Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

3 * Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.

4 * Drive carefully... It's not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker..

5 * If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague

6 * If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it..

7 * It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

8 * Never buy a car you can't push.

9 * Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

10 * Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

11 * Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.

12 * The second mouse gets the cheese.

13 * When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

14 * Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.

15 * You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

16 * Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

17 * We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all
have to live in the same box.

18 * A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

19 * Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today.

20 * It was Kanamen, your friend!

*Save the earth..... It's the only planet with chocolate!

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Kanamen said:
It's always worth reading:

1 * Accept the fact that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue!

2 * Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

3 * Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.

4 * Drive carefully... It's not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker..

5 * If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague

6 * If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it..

7 * It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

8 * Never buy a car you can't push.

9 * Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

10 * Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

11 * Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.

12 * The second mouse gets the cheese.

13 * When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

14 * Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.

15 * You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

16 * Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

17 * We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all
have to live in the same box.

18 * A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

19 * Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today.

20 * It was Kanamen, your friend!

*Save the earth..... It's the only planet with chocolate!
Nice one dear..

Cheers..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Take care of your parents...
"A simple air ticket for my father, his first flight, brought emotions and made me realize
that how much we all take for granted when it comes to our parents.

Being families of militarymen - we have spent our entire life travelling by trains. Having served the military myself - most of my journeys also took the railway route. It was only after the 'service' & joining the corporate bandwagon that we took to flying.

Retirement got my parents settling in our hometown. However, I climbed the corporate ladder, and mostly remained far-flung. While I flew around, my parents always yet boarded the train when visiting me. Not that I never asked him why - but they were comfortable that way -- so did I presume!

Yrs. went by - I raised my own family - parents visited us many a times, but the frequency reduced with father's failing health. Then one day I bought them Air Tickets, for their return flight, rather than the usual railway pass. 'Coz, this time we were residing pretty far from our hometown - and I understood that dad would now be in discomfort taking the train.

Having never traveled by air before... the moment I handed over the tickets to my Dad, he was surprised - enquired why? I said - "just took this opportunity to make u experience the same".

The excitement was [very] apparent on his face, waiting for the time of travel. Just like a school boy, he was preparing himself for the day - asked many questions - couple of them frivolous, so I thought. And on the D-day we all went to the airport, to see-them-off.

Right from pushing the baggage trolley to the check-in -- asking for the window seat - sipping the usual tea & snacks in the lounge - and waiting restlessly for the security check - then moving towards the cordon, when the boarding was called - he was very childlike. Was I amused? U bet! He was thoroughly enjoying himself, and I too was overcome with joy watching him experience all these things.

As they were about to go in for the security checks, we bade farewell - wished them a happy journey - he took a few steps, then stalled for a while - turned & walked back to me, with tears in his eyes he said, "Thank You". He became very emotional... and it was not as if I had done something great - but the fact that this meant a great deal to him. It was a moment I can never forget...

As he thanked me, I told him there was no need.

But that sure did get me thinking.
While driving back, I couldn't hold my tears as well...

I looked back at my life... the entire childhood - adolescent - younger days - my convocation - my first job - my leaving home for the Military Academy - my first annual vacation in uniform - my wedding day - the birth of my kid/s ETC. -- were flashing-back. And always my Dad was beside me - happy & encouraging... doing his best for me, sometimes against all odds. In my joy was his joy - in my sorrow he was sad as well, but showed me the path. Did I ever thank him?

As a child how many dreams our parents have made come true. Without giving a second thought we asked them many things ['favours' I'd think now] - toys any time - the Cosco racket - that seamless football - dresses, shoes every 6 months, outings/picnics, repeated trips to the Bombay Circus, cinema tickets for every James Bond release [Spy Who Loved Me?], Ensuring Mom accompanied me for The Exorcist? -holding her hands while Linda Blair blurted? -though she had just returned from her office! -but did I care?

Irrespective of their affordability, they have satisfied all our needs. Did we ever think about the sacrifices they had to make to accommodate many of our wishes? Did we understand the financial burden we bestowed upon them when we had to take that 'two weeks' excursion to the hilltop resort? How about that Suzuki we bought when at first-yr of college? -did we think twice when Dad took loan from his provident fund for it? There were many such escapades, which we dreamt of & got fulfilled.

Did we ever say thanks for all that they did for us?

Similarly, today - when it comes to our children, we always think that we should do the best for them. We have to put them in the best school, regardless of the capitation fee that may come along... and the bells & whistles yr long. We ensure that our children get the Nitendo-DSi [now the 3DS too], don't we? They also must visit the Wonderworld a few months apart. And the toys? Every Barbie in the globe has to be in their hands as well... while they ought to have the Netbook by grade-2 -- iPad at grade-3... iPod??

But, we tend to overlook that our parents did similarly for our sake - to see us happy, for our every smile. Thus, isn't it is our responsibility to ensure that their dreams are realized too? And what they failed to see/enjoy when they were young [mostly sacrificing for us], isn't it our responsibility to ensure that they experience all those and their life is complete?

Many a times, when my parents had asked me some questions, I had actually answered back without patience... sometimes in dismal retorts. When my daughter or son asks me something - I have been very polite & deliberated too. Now, while driving back, I realized how hurt they'd have felt at those moments. How inconsiderate I was towards their magnanimity...

Folks, let us realize that 'old age' is a second childhood - and just as we take care of our children, we need to pay the same attention, offer/provide the same care to our parents & elders as well !

Rather than my dad saying thank you to me, I would want to say 'sorry' for making him wait so long for this small dream. I do realize how much he had in stake for my sake... how he always went that extra mile. And I would do my ultimate to give the best possible attention to all their wishes. It's no more a need - it's my divine duty!

Folks, pls do take care of your parents...
I know u do !

Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I shall pass this way but once, Therefore any kindness I can show or any help I can give, Let me give it Now, for I will not pass this way Again."

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
"A simple air ticket for my father, his first flight, brought emotions and made me realize

I know u do !

Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I shall pass this way but once, Therefore any kindness I can show or any help I can give, Let me give it Now, for I will not pass this way Again."
Well Said Captain,Very inspiring ,Thanks for such a beautiful post

Your parents, they give you your life, but then they try to give you their life.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Kanamen said:
Well Said Captain,Very inspiring ,Thanks for such a beautiful post

Your parents, they give you your life, but then they try to give you their life.
Thanx... and a very apt statement there, Sir Kanamen!

REYNOLD

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-11
File Transfer...
06-06-11
Med's Request
03-06-11
Med's Done....
03-07-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
Soon in Vancouver
tears rooled down my cheeks while reading this...thanks for the post. its really worth reflecting back...

qorax said:

Being families of militarymen - we have spent our entire life travelling by trains. Having served the military myself - most of my journeys also took the railway route. It was only after the 'service' & joining the corporate bandwagon that we took to flying.

Retirement got my parents settling in our hometown. However, I climbed the corporate ladder, and mostly remained far-flung. While I flew around, my parents always yet boarded the train when visiting me. Not that I never asked him why - but they were comfortable that way -- so did I presume!

Yrs. went by - I raised my own family - parents visited us many a times, but the frequency reduced with father's failing health. Then one day I bought them Air Tickets, for their return flight, rather than the usual railway pass. 'Coz, this time we were residing pretty far from our hometown - and I understood that dad would now be in discomfort taking the train.

Having never traveled by air before... the moment I handed over the tickets to my Dad, he was surprised - enquired why? I said - "just took this opportunity to make u experience the same".

The excitement was [very] apparent on his face, waiting for the time of travel. Just like a school boy, he was preparing himself for the day - asked many questions - couple of them frivolous, so I thought. And on the D-day we all went to the airport, to see-them-off.

Right from pushing the baggage trolley to the check-in -- asking for the window seat - sipping the usual tea & snacks in the lounge - and waiting restlessly for the security check - then moving towards the cordon, when the boarding was called - he was very childlike. Was I amused? U bet! He was thoroughly enjoying himself, and I too was overcome with joy watching him experience all these things.

As they were about to go in for the security checks, we bade farewell - wished them a happy journey - he took a few steps, then stalled for a while - turned & walked back to me, with tears in his eyes he said, "Thank You". He became very emotional... and it was not as if I had done something great - but the fact that this meant a great deal to him. It was a moment I can never forget...

As he thanked me, I told him there was no need.

But that sure did get me thinking.
While driving back, I couldn't hold my tears as well...

I looked back at my life... the entire childhood - adolescent - younger days - my convocation - my first job - my leaving home for the Military Academy - my first annual vacation in uniform - my wedding day - the birth of my kid/s ETC. -- were flashing-back. And always my Dad was beside me - happy & encouraging... doing his best for me, sometimes against all odds. In my joy was his joy - in my sorrow he was sad as well, but showed me the path. Did I ever thank him?

As a child how many dreams our parents have made come true. Without giving a second thought we asked them many things ['favours' I'd think now] - toys any time - the Cosco racket - that seamless football - dresses, shoes every 6 months, outings/picnics, repeated trips to the Bombay Circus, cinema tickets for every James Bond release [Spy Who Loved Me?], Ensuring Mom accompanied me for The Exorcist? -holding her hands while Linda Blair blurted? -though she had just returned from her office! -but did I care?

Irrespective of their affordability, they have satisfied all our needs. Did we ever think about the sacrifices they had to make to accommodate many of our wishes? Did we understand the financial burden we bestowed upon them when we had to take that 'two weeks' excursion to the hilltop resort? How about that Suzuki we bought when at first-yr of college? -did we think twice when Dad took loan from his provident fund for it? There were many such escapades, which we dreamt of & got fulfilled.

Similarly, today - when it comes to our children, we always think that we should do the best for them. We have to put them in the best school, regardless of the capitation fee that may come along... and the bells & whistles yr long. We ensure that our children get the Nitendo-DSi [now the 3DS too], don't we? They also must visit the Wonderworld a few months apart. And the toys? Every Barbie in the globe has to be in their hands as well... while they ought to have the Netbook by grade-2 -- iPad at grade-3... iPod??

But, we tend to overlook that our parents did similarly for our sake - to see us happy, for our every smile. Thus, isn't it is our responsibility to ensure that their dreams are realized too? And what they failed to see/enjoy when they were young [mostly sacrificing for us], isn't it our responsibility to ensure that they experience all those and their life is complete?

Many a times, when my parents had asked me some questions, I had actually answered back without patience... sometimes in dismal retorts. When my daughter or son asks me something - I have been very polite & deliberated too. Now, while driving back, I realized how hurt they'd have felt at those moments. How inconsiderate I was towards their magnanimity...

Folks, let us realize that 'old age' is a second childhood - and just as we take care of our children, we need to pay the same attention, offer/provide the same care to our parents & elders as well !

Rather than my dad saying thank you to me, I would want to say 'sorry' for making him wait so long for this small dream. I do realize how much he had in stake for my sake... how he always went that extra mile. And I would do my ultimate to give the best possible attention to all their wishes. It's no more a need - it's my divine duty!

I know u do !

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Teacher - What do u Make ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A "Doctor" wants his child to become a doctor...
An "Engineer" wants his child to become another engineer...
A "Businessman" wants his ward to become CEO...

The irony is:
A "Teacher" also wants his child to become one of the above...
!!!

Uh, "Nobody" wants to become a Teacher anymore...
Very sad but that's the truth...
!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dinner guests were sitting around the table discussing life.
One man, a CEO, decided to explain the problem with education. He argued,
"What's a kid going to learn from someone who decided his best option in life was to become a 'Teacher'?"

To stress his point he said to another guest,
"You're a 'Teacher", Bonnie. Be honest. What do you Make?"

Teacher Bonnie, had a reputation for honesty and frankness.
What she replied WILL BLOW YOUR SOCKS-OFF...

"You want to know what I Make?"
(She paused for a second, then began...)

"Well, I Make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.
I Make a C+ feel like the Congressional Medal of Honor winner.
I Make kids sit through 40 minutes of class time when their parents can't Make them sit for 5 min. without an iPod, PS3 or movie rentals."

"You want to know what I really Make?"
(She paused again and looked at each and every person at the table)

"I Make kids wonder.
I Make them question.
I Make them apologize and mean it.
I Make them have respect and take responsibility for their actions."

She continued...

"I teach them how to write and then I Make them WRITE. 'Keyboarding' isn't everything, is it?.
I Make them read, read & READ.
I Make them show all their work in math. They use their God 'given' brain, not the man-made calculator."

"I Make my students - from other countries - learn everything they need to know about English - while preserving their unique cultural identity."

"I Make my classroom a place where all my students feel SAFE."

"Finally, I Make them understand that if they use the gifts they were given, work hard, and follow their hearts, they can succeed in life."

Bonnie paused one last time and then continued...

"Then, when people try to judge me by what I Make - with me knowing money isn't everything - I can hold my head up high and pay no attention because they are IGNORANT. You sure want to know what I Make?"

"I MAKE a difference in all your LIVES, EDUCATING kids & preparing them to become CEO's, and DOCTORS and ENGINEERS."

"What do you Make Mr. CEO?"

There was this awesome Silence in the Room...
________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do we Make, ya fellas?
In our lifetime...

Qorax

xenos

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:

Sir, That was a beautiful piece! Today if your dad reads this forum and all the help that you generate- He'll sure will be proud of his son- God Bless You!

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
qorax said:
Teacher - What do u Make ?

A "Doctor" wants his child to become a doctor...
An "Engineer" wants his child to become another engineer...
A "Businessman" wants his ward to become CEO...

The irony is:
A "Teacher" also wants his child to become one of the above...
!!!

Uh, "Nobody" wants to become a Teacher anymore...
Very sad but that's the truth...
!!!

The dinner guests were sitting around the table discussing life.
One man, a CEO, decided to explain the problem with education. He argued,
"What's a kid going to learn from someone who decided his best option in life was to become a 'Teacher'?"

To stress his point he said to another guest,
"You're a 'Teacher", Bonnie. Be honest. What do you Make?"

Teacher Bonnie, had a reputation for honesty and frankness.
What she replied WILL BLOW YOUR SOCKS-OFF...

"You want to know what I Make?"
(She paused for a second, then began...)

"Well, I Make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.
I Make a C+ feel like the Congressional Medal of Honor winner.
I Make kids sit through 40 minutes of class time when their parents can't Make them sit for 5 min. without an iPod, PS3 or movie rentals."

"You want to know what I really Make?"
(She paused again and looked at each and every person at the table)

"I Make kids wonder.
I Make them question.
I Make them apologize and mean it.
I Make them have respect and take responsibility for their actions."

She continued...

"I teach them how to write and then I Make them WRITE. 'Keyboarding' isn't everything, is it?.
I Make them read, read & READ.
I Make them show all their work in math. They use their God 'given' brain, not the man-made calculator."

"I Make my students - from other countries - learn everything they need to know about English - while preserving their unique cultural identity."

"I Make my classroom a place where all my students feel SAFE."

"Finally, I Make them understand that if they use the gifts they were given, work hard, and follow their hearts, they can succeed in life."

Bonnie paused one last time and then continued...

"Then, when people try to judge me by what I Make - with me knowing money isn't everything - I can hold my head up high and pay no attention because they are IGNORANT. You sure want to know what I Make?"

"I MAKE a difference in all your LIVES, EDUCATING kids & preparing them to become CEO's, and DOCTORS and ENGINEERS."

"What do you Make Mr. CEO?"

There was this awesome Silence in the Room...
________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do we Make, ya fellas?
In our lifetime...

Qorax
Very nice !!

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
qorax said:

I know u do !

Qorax
I must say this is the best mail/msg i ever read.
Thanks Sir for sharing this.