+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - International Student Stream - March 12, 2024

rococo

Jun 22, 2024
Great. Anyone applied on March 24th or before and still in decision in progress?
Yup submitted on Mar 20th, been in DIP since early June. Doesn't look like it's first come first served, it's more like based on luck. I'm starting to feel that some files end up on someone's desk who's a good hoarder. How else would we explain the line skipping unless there is no line to begin with just slow and fast officers.

Reactions: Sogle

shaniket

Jun 26, 2024
I think the same. I submitted on march 26th . My status changed on july 9 for DIP. I don't know when it's going to be changed to approved because of irregularities the oinp shows with each file with same batch of invitation date.

Pri@2299

Jun 6, 2024
Hello All,

Received my nominationa today

Time line

12th March - ITA

No Assessment

ADR - between June 1 to 5

DIP - Instantly between after submitting documents

Nomination - 22 July

But i have a question , i also received work permit support letter , but i have my work permit till 2026 , do i still need to apply that?

tee2406

Star Member
Jun 6, 2024
Hello All,

Received my nominationa today

Time line

12th March - ITA

No Assessment

ADR - between June 1 to 5

DIP - Instantly between after submitting documents

Nomination - 22 July

But i have a question , i also received work permit support letter , but i have my work permit till 2026 , do i still need to apply that?
If your work permit is till valid you dont have to do anything. The letter they sent you is valid for 6 months. In the event that your work permit expires before you get PR or is about to, you can message OINP to get a new letter. However, you still have abide with other conditions like staying with your employer even though you have an open work permit. The benefit is you can have other employment since your work permit is open.

Congratulations. Just curious when did you apply and was it general draw or targeted?

Reactions: shaniket

Pri@2299

Jun 6, 2024
If your work permit is till valid you dont have to do anything. The letter they sent you is valid for 6 months. In the event that your work permit expires before you get PR or is about to, you can message OINP to get a new letter. However, you still have abide with other conditions like staying with your employer even though you have an open work permit. The benefit is you can have other employment since your work permit is open.

Congratulations. Just curious when did you apply and was it general draw or targeted?
Thank you ,

It was a General draw , and i applied on 25th march.

Reactions: tee2406

wrsousa

Mar 21, 2024
Good afternoon,
ITA 3/12/24
Submitted 3/20/24
Assessment 5/21/24
DIP 6/7/24
Intent to Refuse Letter 7/15/24
Waiting for my employer to submit clarification, they gave them 30 days to reply.

Last edited:

tee2406

Star Member
Jun 6, 2024
Good afternoon,
ITA 3/12/24
Submitted 3/20/24
Assessment 5/21/24
DIP 6/7/24
Intent to Refuse Letter 7/15/24
Waiting for my employer to submit clarification, they gave them 30 days to reply.
Why do they want to refuse if you dont mind me asking?